Talk

Advanced search

Struggling so much at work!

(3 Posts)
Rainbowhairdontcare Wed 11-Sep-19 10:33:56

I'm 33 weeks only 4 weeks and 2 days til I go on ML. But this home stretch is proving to be a hurdle. I'm tired all the time, uncomfortable, thirsty,and not as productive as I should be. I don't want to waste a month at home.

Any tips to make it more bearable?

frsttimemama Wed 11-Sep-19 12:40:35

Hi @Rainbowhairdontcare!

I'm 1.5 weeks off my maternity and I have been feeling the exact same with regards to productivity and being uncomfortable!

Do you have a desk job? If so, me too and I find that comfort-wise, pillows and finding something to put your feet on helps. I also take five minutes every now and then to sit back on my chair for a bit as, my peanut doesn't appreciate the lack of space when I am hunched over my keyboard and tends attempt to push me back upright all day long!

I have found myself making a lot of baby-related spreadsheets instead of doing my work because, I have passed 99% of my tasks over now so, I actually don't have much to do, which can make the day drag a bit.

Like you though, I was determined to keep on at work as long as possible as, I only qualify for statutory maternity pay and I want to take a year off so, I'd rather make sure I'm earning for as long as possible before then!

Tips for making it bearable... Sorry, I don't really have any! The days are dragging but, honestly the weeks are flying by. All I have done is taken to making spreadsheets/checklists, Googling baby/pregnancy related stuff and stalking Mumsnet, instead of working but, that's probably not the best advice grin

Sorry I couldn't be more help but, I promise you will be at 37 weeks and counting down the days like me, in no time!!

Congrats and good luck! Xx

Rainbowhairdontcare Wed 11-Sep-19 13:21:51

Thank you for the tips! It is indeed a desk job so I think tomorrow I'll bring some cushions and will figure out what to bring for my feet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »