Talk

Advanced search

Today I missed a midwife appointment...Tell me I'm not alone. [blush]

(9 Posts)
HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Tue 10-Sep-19 17:08:11

Yep exactly as the title says. My lovely Midwife just called sounding very concerned and asking if everything was ok as she was worried about my absence. I'm so embarrassed and I cant even claim I was so busy that I forgot, I haven't even been at work today.

Please make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one to have missed an appointment. blush

tabbycat985 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:17:06

You are most definitely not alone, I blame the hormones!
I missed my 18 week appointment... I was waiting for it to come in the mail but apparently should have booked it myself & then at my next appointment the midwife didn't turn upblushconfused

SofiaAmes Tue 10-Sep-19 17:18:45

You are not alone. When I was pregnant I showed up for a job interview without my portfolio or resume and ran out of the interview to puke in the bathrooms at least twice.

Pinkywoo Wed 11-Sep-19 12:22:10

Nope not just you, I missed my 16 week appointment and had to phone up and confess I had just forgotten!

homley Sun 15-Sep-19 19:04:12

I missed my 36 week appointment on Friday, had just got back from a trip that morning and had a stinking cold, fell asleep on the sofa and completely forgot about it until 7pm 🤦‍♀️

Fortheloveofscience Sun 15-Sep-19 19:08:41

I haven’t not turned up, but I did book my 31 week appointment as required, then at 29 weeks decided that I should have booked it for 32 weeks so rang and pushed it back a week. Then realised at 30+5 that it was actually supposed to be at 31 weeks all along, but there were no appointments left. So I had to tell my midwife about the whole fiasco to see whether she needed to see me at 31 or it could wait til 32 blush.

Teddybear45 Sun 15-Sep-19 19:48:44

Pregnancy brain is a thing. Google Calendar helps me - I get my mw to text me the next appt details and I copy it in.

Ivyleaf4 Sun 15-Sep-19 21:15:03

Ummm...my DH did this with a GP appointment recently. He was absolutely mortified. He's not pregnant though grin I think it's one of those things that can happen sometimes if you're busy and distracted. If you didn't do it on purpose then don't feel bad about it, these things happen.

aintnutinchanged Sun 15-Sep-19 21:39:00

It doesn't get better tho I missed my 6 week check up baby is now 8months

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »