Talk

Advanced search

Getting very big for 17 weeks.

(4 Posts)
didsnbump Wed 08-Aug-07 22:46:35

Hi has anyone felt the same. Im 17+4 weeks with my first and am really quite big already. I must admit im eating alot of chocolate (which was never something i ate alot of before), but i havent put massive amounts on anywhere else. My Belly is really quite big but still wobbly, certainly not solid like i would have thought. It really feels like im just getting fat. Is this large but wobbly belly normal???

flibertyplus2 Thu 09-Aug-07 15:18:49

I'm afraid this is normal for some! I got big very quickly and felt fat for quite a while both times before it went all hard and I looked obviously pregnant. I think the muscles just relax very early for some.

flibertyplus2 Thu 09-Aug-07 15:20:40

It makes it very hard to keep the pregnancy a secret too. I was wearing maternity jeans at 8 weeks the first time and 6 weeks the second time. I was also 'outed' at work at 9 1/2 weeks because they could tell I was pregnant!

Gemy Thu 09-Aug-07 15:34:22

Hi I am 20 weeks and always have people giving up seats for me on the tube. Had a midwife's appt the other day and she said I my bump was a 'very good size'! I am usually size 8 and have not put weight on anywhere else either (except the boobs of course) but have a very solid bump (and a very strong baby from all the kicks and prods I get!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now