Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Short people - where are you buying your maternity trousers from?

(42 Posts)
MuffinMclay Wed 08-Aug-07 21:51:23

Sorry to duplicate a thread in style. Perhaps this is a better place for it.

I can't find any trousers to fit, apart from Blooming Marvellous jeans (have 5 pairs the same because they're perfect). Next stuff doesn't fit me at all. I found some on funmum, but their website was too annoying to pursue that any further, and they didn't have quite what I was looking for. I need to be able to buy them online as there anren't any decent clothes shops near me.

I can't be the only short pregnant person can I?

ChocolateHobnob Wed 08-Aug-07 22:17:42

Hi Muffin! I'm short too... and have got jeans from Dorothy Perkins (the shop not online). Otherwise have got everything from Next and from Blooming Marvellous. Don't know where else does lengths. I like Next but their under bump jeans just fall down on me!

normabutty Wed 08-Aug-07 22:19:05

I managed to get some short length trousers from Mothercare (not smart ones though)

twofalls Wed 08-Aug-07 22:20:00

Hi Muffin, does the next maternity stuff in a short leg not fit you either? I lived in short maternity trousers from there. But a nightmare, I agree (and I wouldn't bother with funmum, the jeans were awful). To be honest, I think I just used BM and Next...

Sorry!

Tommy Wed 08-Aug-07 22:22:17

would second Dorothy Perkins - I had some smartish black trousers from there last time

tissy Wed 08-Aug-07 22:25:09

I am five foot two, and got a few thingshere

good quality, and not a bad price

ThursdayNext Wed 08-Aug-07 22:25:58

I just buy normal length and get them taken up. At just over 5ft I find the Next petite length is usually too long anyway.
Best maternity trousers I found were H and M.

Spockle Wed 08-Aug-07 22:30:58

What size are you? I can send you some khaki combats in a size 10 for a PORG (4 ft 11.5 inches...)

yelnats Wed 08-Aug-07 22:33:14

I am 5'1 and liked dorothy perkins jeans.

Botbot Wed 08-Aug-07 22:43:58

Dorothy Perkins did it for me. I'm quite porky (in my non-pregnant state) too.

daisyandbabybootoo Wed 08-Aug-07 22:58:28

Dotty Ps, mothercare and Next for me....Next underbump needed a belt to hold them up so got uncomfy from about 30 weeks.

Can I ask though why you need 5 pairs of maternity jeans?????

Caz10 Thu 09-Aug-07 09:21:10

I got DP combats from Ebay and they are a perfect length. Next are annoying - short length just a little too short, regular far too long. I have to wear a belt with their under the bump ones!! Their work trousers are much better at staying up, and seem to fit me much better too.
Other than that I bought jeans from H&M cos I loved them so much, made my bum look better than normal jeans do! But had to get them taken up as they were literally about half a foot too long.

Scampynoodle Thu 09-Aug-07 10:24:50

I agree with several posts here. I'm a short arse and am currently living in cargo pants/ jeans from Dotty Perks, Mothercare and Next although all of them have had to be taken up an inch or so otherwise I spend my day treading on the bloody hems. The nice thing about Dotty Perks jeans is that they have those little adjustable waistbands so that they can expand with you.

Looking in any other shop, though, you'd wonder if short women were even capable of getting pregnant. Most places I've looked if you're anything under a regular leg you're stuffed.

Sx

MuffinMclay Thu 09-Aug-07 10:34:13

Wow, so many replies!

I am 5'2 and a size 12.

I'd forgotten Dorothy Perkins, but had a disastrous pair from there last time that kept falling down. The first (and only) time I wore them I literally had to hold them up as I walked around. I ended up tying a dog lead aroud them to try and keep them in place (not a good look, and it didn't work).

I think I must be a funny shape. If Next and DP trousers fit on my legs and bottom then they are far too big on the waist.

Twofalls - thanks for the about funmum. I won't bother with them.

Tissy - I'll check them out, thank you.

Spockle - lovely offer, than you, but a bit too small for me, I'm afraid.

Daisy - 5 pairs because I have 3 rather tired pairs from last time, that I wore day in day out for 6 months, now only suitable for dog walking, and 2 lovely new pairs.

Maybe I should just buy normal length ones and take them up.

MuffinMclay Thu 09-Aug-07 10:36:31

I'm quite disappointed with M&S. When not pg, they're the only place that does trousers that fit me well. They've now got a maternity range but only do medium and long lengths. Are short people not supposed to have babies?

hayley2u Thu 09-Aug-07 11:17:27

iv just got some great pants from new look. they are linen and dont even lok like maternity ones so i can get away with wearing them after baby is born.i did have to get someone to takethem up for me though as only 5'2.

geekInPigtails Thu 09-Aug-07 12:08:08

I'm 5 feet nothing, size 12, and 27 weeks + 5 days (very nearly third trimester!!!). I've mostly been living in a pair of petite jeans from Next with a fairly narrow band of stretchy jersey stuff. They're a bit long for me, but at the mo I'm still happy wearing chunky heels, so they don't drag. Also got a pair of petite leggings from Next, which are brill when it's hot, and fit perfectly.

Bigger Mothercare shops now have a petite section, so I got a pair of smart black trousers from there for (rare) meetings at work. They're about right for length with the medium heels that are the only smart shoes I have anyway, and the enormous stretchy overbump band at the top has been fine so far - I'm a bit worried it'll get too tight soon though!

Spockle Thu 09-Aug-07 12:30:20

Be warned if you're going to take things up; if you do it at the beginning of your pregnancy, they may well be too short by the time your big bump (or big bum!) has expanded a few moinths down the line!
Of course if you use the miracle that is Wonderweb you can take the hem down again if you don't mind a crease...

MuffinMclay Thu 09-Aug-07 12:43:05

I have wonderweb! I suspect that by the time I'm in the 3rd trimester few people are going to look beyond the bump and worry about a slight crease in my trousers.

hayley2u Thu 09-Aug-07 12:51:54

oh i did not think of that oh no hope there not too small. was hoping to use them for first few weeks after c section as they very loose and comfortable. whoops

Spockle Thu 09-Aug-07 15:03:15

It's really quite amusing, waddling into Mothercare like a fat duck and heading for the section signed,....."petite"!!!!!
If all else fails, try normal-sized pregnant people's trousers in a cropped style...

Meeely2 Thu 09-Aug-07 15:15:13

my fav pair were from next, closely followed by dotty p's

JARM Thu 09-Aug-07 15:24:16

im only 5'1 and living in Next stuff!

MuffinMclay Thu 09-Aug-07 19:27:46

I actually found a pair of OK(ish) linen trousers in Mothercare today. They were only £12 in the sale, so I can't really complain if they're not the trousers of my dreams. They were size 10 too (they must do very generos sizes).

PigeonPie Thu 09-Aug-07 20:19:35

Muffin, I have your problem too and last time round, 2 years ago, I got very fed up with shops seeming to forget that we're still short even if we're pregnant!

I've just managed to get some short maternity trousers in M&S and was going to check their website to see if I could order more there as there certainly weren't many in in my size.

I have to say that I also get fed up with M&S when I'm a normal size cos they don't do those cheap jeans (which are so useful for sitting on the floor etc) in a size 8 short - you have to go up to their petite range and spend a fortune on posh ones! Sorry rant over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now