Talk

Advanced search

39 weeks today

(22 Posts)
oldmumnewmum Sat 07-Sep-19 20:52:39

hello everyone, as the title says, i am 39 weeks pregnant today, let the countdown begin! just seeing if any one else is at a similar stage, could give each other a little moral support (like at the random times that it suddenly hits me like a bus that this is actually happening, VERY soon!) and hopefully enjoy each others news when our little bundles of joy arrive?

EscapeTheOrdinary Sat 07-Sep-19 20:59:27

Hello, you must be so excited! I’m 38w 3days so not far behind you! Has it hit you at all yet how soon your little one will be here? It hasn’t for me yet

oldmumnewmum Sat 07-Sep-19 21:16:12

Hi, no not really, i feel like i'm almost in denial a lot of the time, yes i am pregnant, yes i am going to have a baby, yes i have done it before (a long time ago) so know what to do/expect...but all those pieces of the jigsaw haven't completely gone together yet if you know what i mean? this pregnancy has felt so long, but at the same time, i can't believe i could be just days away from meeting bump, it's gone too quick!

how's it been going for you?

oldmumnewmum Sat 07-Sep-19 21:25:53

just reread my reply, yes i am excited! no it hasn't hit me yet...that's what i meant lol

NewMama2Be Sat 07-Sep-19 21:29:13

37 weeks today so not far behind you.
Swinging between excitement and terror 🤷‍♀️🤗

oldmumnewmum Sat 07-Sep-19 21:34:39

not long for you to go! excitement and terror, i can relate to that, is this your first?

EscapeTheOrdinary Sat 07-Sep-19 22:16:26

I have been really lucky with my pregnancy so far and have had it pretty easy but my hips today and lower back are really uncomfortable so feeling a bit fed up tonight. Excited to think baby will be here soon but also in denial at the same time! This is my first but I understand what you mean by not all the jigsaw pieces coming together Oldmumnewmum as I think that sums up how I feel perfectly with being torn between excitement and denial!

NewMama2Be Sat 07-Sep-19 22:36:28

Yep, first time for me so it's all the unknown - I dont have a birth plan as I know anything can happen so trying to just go with the flow and focusing on baby cuddles 🤗

Jennylou88 Sat 07-Sep-19 23:32:27

38+3 here too! @EscapeTheOrdinary we've got the same due date! I don't feel in too much of a rush for baby to arrive just yet as I'm quite enjoying this time before such a massive change. FTM so no idea what to expect - think I'm in denial that this is happening too! Not long to go for us now though x

EscapeTheOrdinary Sun 08-Sep-19 07:52:10

@Jennylou88 I’m hoping I get a couple of days rest at least before baby arrives but I think i over did it yesterday as even this morning my hips are sore. Hopefully it eases off soon so I can enjoy it again for the last bit! Are you feeling organised at all?

BrownBirdsFly Sun 08-Sep-19 20:58:57

Can I join! 39 weeks today so nearly due date buddy’s @oldmumnewmum! Due 15th September with baby number two.

oldmumnewmum Wed 11-Sep-19 07:05:13

morning ladies

sorry for starting a thread then disappearing, really been struggling with hip pain over the last few days, can barely walk and haven't been able to concentrate on anything.

after taking over an hour to do a £20 "quick" shop yesterday i have officially declared myself housebound! going outside is just not worth the pain or humiliation when every single person, (including the elderly and infirm!) can walk faster than you lol

i have woken up with strong period like pains this morning (after only 4 bloody hours of broken sleep!!!) that come and go every 10-15 minutes. it feels like either labour is starting...or i need to do the biggest dump ever (sorry for tmi)

i will keep you guys posted throughout the day

hope everyone is doing well, sorry for not replying to individual posts, i will when i'm feeling a bit better xxx

BonnieSeptember Wed 11-Sep-19 07:13:04

38+1 for me, impatient and bored now! Good luck today OP, sounds as if you won't be waiting too much longer smile

oldmumnewmum Wed 11-Sep-19 07:25:15

hopefully, either i won't be waiting too much longer...or i'll be making a tmi post later lol

Babycakes1989 Wed 11-Sep-19 07:31:55

Good luck!! Keep us updated! 38+3 here 😘❤️ Xxx

oldmumnewmum Wed 11-Sep-19 16:05:10

well no real news, been getting the cramps all day, nearly phoned the delivery suite when they were coming every 6-7 minutes for an hour, but then they stopped for half an hour, have started again though, so just have to wait and see xxx

EscapeTheOrdinary Wed 11-Sep-19 18:02:48

Hoping it’s not long for you @oldmumnewmum! It’s sounding like your little one is on their way!

39 weeks today and no signs for me. Been on my birth ball on and off all day and went for a walk earlier. Little one seems more interested in pushing against my side than down!

oldmumnewmum Wed 11-Sep-19 18:43:16

things are ramping up, getting painful, community midwife is hopefully coming soon as i'm planning a home birth, wish me luck xxx

EscapeTheOrdinary Wed 11-Sep-19 20:02:59

you won't need it but good luck!!! I hope you have the most wonderful home birth!

oldmumnewmum Thu 12-Sep-19 21:12:37

quick update...healthy baby boy born yesterday at 20:29, 6lbs 13ozs, amazing home birth, would recommend, we're both doing well, good luck to you all, will update more and see how you are all doing when i can xxx

BonnieSeptember Fri 13-Sep-19 06:00:57

Congrats!

NewMumToB3 Fri 13-Sep-19 13:45:22

Congrats @oldmumnewmum!!
Sounds like things escalated quite quickly in the end with baby making an appearance not long after your previous post.
Nice to hear a positive birthing experience xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »