Talk

Advanced search

anyone out there had false negatives and then a BFP?

(33 Posts)
Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 15:05:34

just wondering if it is possible to have more than one false negative. And what the reasons for them are - is it that the tests themselves are occasionally faulty, or is it down to testing errors, like peeing ineptness /testing too early?

Mrswizz Wed 08-Aug-07 16:43:54

I had 3 false negs, then went to a party and got pissed then a pfp a few days later, oops. I think I was testing too early though but my cycle is never regular.

NatalieJane Wed 08-Aug-07 16:48:23

I waited until my period was due, it didn't come, I tested - BFN, 3 days later still no period, did 2 tests both BFN, waited a week, still no AF, tested and it was a BFP, baby is now 8 months old - good luck!!

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 19:35:16

I have just added a thread about this as I didn;t see yours. I am now three weeks late for my period but the test last week was negative - how late are you?

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 19:40:40

Only 3 days late, but feeling exactly the same way I did in early preg with ds...
How long are you going to leave it b4 you do another test?

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 19:50:19

Perhaps tomorrow, my dh is rather worried. However, I am still getting period pains but I am rather significantly fatter at the moment - too many pies perhaps?!

Gumbo Wed 08-Aug-07 19:53:44

Two weeks ago I bought 2 cheap tests from Asda. The first was negative, I tested again 2 days later and still negative. AF was by then 5 days late which was very unusual, so spent £10 on a digital clear blue test, and sure enough - I'm pregnant!

What tests are you using? Perhaps try a different brand.

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 19:57:03

Boots - they were the cheapest!!

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 19:57:19

3babes - my symptoms partly are having period-type pains that go on and on with no period in sight... so your pains might well be a sign of pg and not impending af after all

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 19:57:35

mine were boots too

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 19:59:05

Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I do the other Boots test?

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 19:59:26

I meant that last time they went on and on- had what I thought were period pains for about 2 weeks and eventually I thought I should do a test and it was a bfp. I am hoping the same is happenign now..
What about you - are you hoping to be pg or are you worried that you might be?

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 20:00:34

I think that I am worried that I might be. 3 children are enough for us!

Gumbo Wed 08-Aug-07 20:00:46

When did you last test? Perhaps you should leave it until tomorrow AM when the hormone levels are meant to be at their strongest.

Good luck!

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 20:01:06

Not to say that we wouldn't love another baby as much as the others.

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 20:02:01

Yeh, perhaps I'll wait til the morning. It's my wedding anniversary today so it probably isn't the right time to do one!!

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 20:04:40

congrats on the anniversary ! - have a lovely night. Hopefully tomorrow you'll get the result that puts your mind at ease. I'd heard that altho Boots tests are cheap, they are supposed to be pretty good - maybe your af is just late cos you've eaten so many pies???

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 20:08:34

Sorry Gumbo I didn;t say congratulations!! Very exciting for you

Spink, how many tests have you done? Would you like the test to be positive?

FloriaTosca Wed 08-Aug-07 20:09:26

Yes. I did a cheap Tesco test on the day after Af was due..negative..next day 2nd half of twin pack got a very, very faint line, so off to Boots for Clear Blue and next morning as stong a positive as you could wish for! I'm 31wks +5 days now.
I really think it has a lot to do with the quality of the tests as well as the time of day..1st thing in the morning is defiantely best. Good luck!

KitsAndBits Wed 08-Aug-07 20:10:32

i tested DPO 9, 10, 11, 12

ALL BFN,

then DPO13 got BFP xx

FloriaTosca Wed 08-Aug-07 20:10:55

"definately" even...sorry

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 20:23:54

I've done 2 tests, one on the day I was due, another today (3 days late).
I would LOVE to be pg. ds is 5 months old so some people might think we're insane, but both dh and I have sibs less than a year older, and would love ds to have a bro or sis close in age.....

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 20:45:44

Congrats to Floria and Kits!
Will you do another test Spink or will you wait a while now?

Spink Wed 08-Aug-07 21:02:49

not sure... think I will wait a couple of days (ha. watch me crumble tomorrow morning.)
Are you doing yours tomorrow morn? We could meet back here then...

3babesfull Wed 08-Aug-07 21:03:51

Okay, I will do one tomorrow morning - see you then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now