Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(976 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

Laura9x Tue 15-Oct-19 16:10:02

Hello!
I am roughly 7/8 weeks! I have my first appointment on the 30th and then first scan on the 15th.

Has anyone told anyone yet? this is my first and i have no idea what to do. I also have a family wedding coming up and not sure how to play it (obv wont be drinking, but dont know how to explain why im not drinking!) Or has anyone had an early scan?

L xx

ChampooPapi Thu 03-Oct-19 08:18:49

Link to new thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3707810-Babies-Due-May-2020-thread-2

ChampooPapi Thu 03-Oct-19 08:11:39

Oh my , this thread is nearly full! I'll set up another and link quick smart

rosewater20 Thu 03-Oct-19 08:04:17

@Helensss Thank you. That makes me feel better! I did read that cramping was normal and my doctor said she wasn't worried.

@facevalue, You are right. The doctor kept saying "everything looks great and this is what we would expect to see right now, and when we scan at 8 weeks we expect to see the embryo clearly" And she said the ultrasound she was using was poor quality. I have been really happy and positive until this evening, and I think that's partly because my DP is away with work until next week so I am sat at home alone with my thoughts.

I am hoping the bloodwork is a reassuring today so I can relax a bit. I have also emailed my doctor and let her know about my worries, and so hopefully she'll send something back that is reassuring.

I can't believe that this time last week I didn't even know I was pregnant and now all I can think about is how much I want this baby.

CharlieB93 Thu 03-Oct-19 07:54:49

So yesterday I woke up without feeling sick and this morning my boobs are no longer sore either. I’m really worried something’s going wrong 😢

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:50:55

@rosewater20 they would have told you if they suspect a bad outcome. you simply can't be sure this early. honestly i know i would be a nervous wreck too in your shoes. can you distract yourself doing something else after you get your reassuring blood result? it will be a week or 2 b4 they scan again x be kind to your mind and body x

Helensss Thu 03-Oct-19 07:49:24

@rosewater20 hi 👋 congratulations! If it helps my friend had bad cramping on and off all the way through to her scan at 12 weeks. She panicked as they felt worse than period cramps, she had her scan on Monday and all is perfect so it can be totally normal I think xx

Helensss Thu 03-Oct-19 07:47:44

@Shelbustotherescue good luck xx

Shelbustotherescue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:41:36

@facevalue thank you, I'll let you know as soon as I know x

rosewater20 Thu 03-Oct-19 07:36:28

@facevalue thank you. The results should be back today. I am really nervous about why when I had the ultrasound they weren't sure if the little dots they saw in the sac were the yolk and embryo. Googling has made me more nervous because I keep reading stories about people clearly seeing their embryo and hearing a heartbeat at six weeks.

The waiting and unknown are so hard.

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:23:22

@Shelbustotherescue 😘 goodluck x hang in there

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:21:38

@rosewater20 welcome to the group. congratulations. hope your repeat test is reassuring x keep us posted

Sunshine8888 Wed 02-Oct-19 22:30:39

I’m pro early scans, whatever helps us ladies get through this time to be honest! Following the bleeds I just needed to know that baby was in the right place and ok. Totally aware risk of mc is still there but risk drops to 2% if you see a strong heartbeat at 8+ weeks, I think that is a reassuring statistic. For me turning up at 12 week scan to find out baby stopped growing at 6 weeks for example would be worse - if something is wrong I personally would want to know sooner.

I have my dating scan a week tomorrow, it’s going to be too early so I’ll be interested to see what happens x

rosewater20 Wed 02-Oct-19 22:29:21

Can I join? I just found out I am pregnant with my first baby on Sunday. I have had intense cramping off and on for the past two weeks and thought af was coming, but at 13 days late, I decided to take a test (or three). My GP had me come in immediately on Monday for a transvaginal ultrasound because of the cramping, and she saw the sac, and she thought she saw the yolk sac and the embryo but she said the picture quality on the ultrasound wasn't good enough to be sure and has scheduled me to come back in two weeks for a better ultrasound. My HCG levels and the size of the sac are all congruent to be six weeks along. They have restest my HCG levels today to make sure they are increasing.

I am still having cramping, very sore breasts and have been nauseous today.

I am nervous and hoping for good news from the blood test today and for the ultrasound in two weeks.

CTeal Wed 02-Oct-19 21:33:23

Ah really, keep in contact x

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 21:12:40

@Shelbustotherescue sending love! It doesn’t seem dramatic at all, it’s such a nerve wracking experience. So different to how I ever imagined it! X

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:08:01

@facevalue I'm so pleased your scan went well, and hubby is happy ! Mine is struggling similar to me, I don't think he'll accept it's real til 12 weeks

danielasummer Wed 02-Oct-19 21:07:07

@Shelbustotherescue thinking of you and offering a hand xxx

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:06:12

@facevalue @Bumpingalong84 @Mystie thank you, this will be my third scan, I've had 6wk 7wk so this will be my 9wk but the gap of two weeks has really been a struggle. I appreciate everyone's support, I know it probably seems dramatic especially given I've not had any "troubles" this time, but history does have a horrible way of playing on your mind

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:02:07

@Shelbustotherescue "another

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:01:40

@Shelbustotherescue and here's a bother hand hold and massive positive thoughts blown your way

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 21:00:43

@Shelbustotherescue big hugs and good luck wishes

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:00:02

@Shelbustotherescue oh babe x i'm not surprised you are stressed. a MC devastates you and i truly feel a MMC would traumatise me more. i'm so glad you have a scan tomorrow. i was really stressed before the scan today but seeing my husband's face light up when he saw there's a heartbeat made it feel real for him 🥰🥰🥰 he suddenly feels involved and started talking about possible names hahaha cute .

are you going with someone?

Mystie Wed 02-Oct-19 20:57:33

@Shelbustotherescue virtual handhold incoming! X 🤝

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 20:55:15

Anxiety is through the roof this evening, 12 hours until my scan, fingers crossed that bean is still going strong, I have also had a MMC as well as "standard" miscarriages.

I'm clinging on to the fact that I haven't bled, no pain and still have some slight symptoms - although my mind is in over drive that it could be a mmc.

Could do with a handhold confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »