Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(988 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

KerryM1983 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:34:33

Hi all. Has anyone had a day of morning sickness and then nothing since? Some days I just can't tell I'm even pregnant, it's so worrying.

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:39:59

@WelshCountryBumpkin I choked on my tea reading that 😂. Well at least you are the perpetrator, I'm the victim of a clown at present.

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:41:14

@KerryM1983 I've had no sickness yet but I keep pressing my breasts to make sure they still hurt 🙈

KerryM1983 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:43:43

@Herewego2020 that's exactly what I keep doing!! I've literally just had the one day of really bad nausea to the point I thought I was going to be sick but nothing since at all. You just don't know if it's normal or not.

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 11:03:00

@Herewego2020 hahaha! I'm not sure what is worse - I'm still struggling with guilt from the dream! Hopefully a dose of bake off tonight will have me dreaming about something frivolous like bakewell tarts.

As for the boobs - they are enormous. I'm in awe, but also can't exactly appreciate them because of the soreness.

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:04:08

@WelshCountryBumpkin

That's exactly how mine have been! I just want a full nights sleep. Maybe it's preparing us for what's to come! Haha. But I'm all seriousness I'm usually a fantastic sleeper so it's out of character!

My appetite has gone too, I know I need nourishing food for the baby but I also gagged on my smoothie yesterday 😂 lol.

I had my doctors appt nearly 2 weeks ago and did referral paperwork for the midwife but I've still not heard from her. The paper work says if I've not heard and approaching 10 weeks then to contact her- so I'll just leave it for now and call in a few weeks if I've not heard.
We've told our families and I've told my best friend smile xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:06:30

@Herewego2020 haha! I can just see a room covered in hundreds of dream catchers! Haha. Mine aren't nightmares but they are so vidid and feel like im awake half the night x

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:08:40

@KerryM1983 for the past few days I've been getting waves on nausea where I gag but I know I'm not going to be sick. On and off. X

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:19:55

@WelshCountryBumpkin I LOVE the great British bake off and nothing like Noel's shirts to cheer me up lol.

@KerryM1983 honestly I'm the same I worry constantly about suddenly feeling okay. Apparently some people gag from brushing teeth but that's not happened with me.
@kstann well I definitely like the idea of a room full of dream catchers over red balloons right now Haha

I'm preparing to tell my mum with a 'your going to be a grandma' (again) reveal card so hopefully the shock is kinder to her

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:25:20

Hi ladies! Congratulations to all of you and fingers crossed 🤞 for healthy pregnancies to you all.

I just found this thread and wanted to hop in! I’m currently 4+6 and feeling all the anxieties I’ve read in everyone’s comments!

We were TTC for just over a year and we were about to start fertility investigations. This is my first ever pregnancy.

I think I had become resigned to us but being able to conceive and so I’m suddenly feeling a bit over whelmed now it’s actually happened! We’re both obviously so happy but terrified at the same time!

I have had a lot of cramping and bloating! I’ve been assured it’s all normal but my goodness it’s uncomfortable!

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:37:59

May I tentatively join? I had my BFP on a FRER yesterday and a digi + 1-2weeks today! I'm not actually due af til Saturday. (But I do have slightly shorter than normal cycles! 24-26days) x

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:38:10

@Muddypaws12

Aww huge congratulations to you!thanks Seems like we all feel similar which is good to know we aren't alone!
I had a lot of cramps and bloating too. I am now 6+2 and the cramps seem to have subsided x

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:40:45

@Muddypaws12 and @Alice8688 congratulations 💐🌟 and welcome. I think having others to talk to with similar feelings and anxieties is really helpful. Helping me anyway 🙂

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:42:07

Aw thanks guys! I'm so nervous. It's #3 for me. But my husband's first. So he's suitably excited too!

It definitely helps to have a place to chat. Thank you xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:43:14

@Alice8688 Congratulations to you! smile
It's lovely having people to chat to who are going through the same stages!
I'm currently sat on the sofa watching Emma Willis delivering babies 😂

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:51:39

@kstann
That’s reassuring to hear it has passed! I’m currently on the mint tea and Gavisgon diet 😂

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:55:08

I’m just in the process of registering at my local GP once done I will then inform them and begin the process.

We’ve booked an 8 week private early scan, the nature of my work is quite risky so I’d like the confidence to actually tell a few people rather than having to continue subtly dodging certain things.

Did everyone inform their GPs immediately?

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 11:56:50

Congratulations to all the new joiners

I am with you all with the symptoms, I keep getting waves of feeling sick, boobs are still agony, lost my appetite and could quite happily sleep all day but struggling at night.

Just need to get through today and tomorrow and then it's scan day, my apt is at 9.30 so I'll come back and update you, hopefully I'll be able to have a picture so I can share that with you all smile

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:59:01

@Shelbustotherescue

Do you mind me asking where you are in your pregnancy? I’m sure I read it but there was a lot to catch up on 🤣

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 12:04:30

@Muddypaws12

I got an appt with my doctor 3 days after I found out. He just went through some questions, done BP, checked I was taking supplement and went through foods to avoid x

@Shelbustotherescue
We will be thinking of you come Thursday 🥰

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 12:44:42

@Muddypaws12 I am 5 weeks 4 days, so will be 5+6 on Thursday for my scan smile

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 14:15:37

@Shelbustotherescue 🤞🤞 for your scan!!

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 14:23:41

Thank you, I'm feeling a little excited today !

StarWanderer Tue 10-Sep-19 14:29:44

Hello! Please may I join? Got a scan on Friday, so hoping I'll be 7 weeks then.
Struggling with morning sickness which is all.day.long! Anyone else?

Namechangeymcnamechange11 Tue 10-Sep-19 15:17:44

Hello, can I join please?
I am 4+6 with my second. Excited but can't help feeling like I'm waiting for something to go wrong??? Anyone else? I hadn't discovered MN when I had my first, so lived in blissful ignorance about what could go wrong 🙄
I had morning sickness last week when I found out, and a bit the week before 🤷 but it seems to have eased recently.
No concerning signs though, so I must just be being paranoid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »