Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(988 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 17:21:33

@Shak19 this book, had really good reviews on amazon!

@Jojowash I am so sorry you've had to go through that, heart breaking.
This is my first. I've been tired (daily naps are a winner), my boobs are getting bigger already and are sore, my appetite has reduced as food seems to take ages to digest and giving me burps! No nausea or sickness for me. I'm 5+5. I have an early scan booked for the 16th!xxx

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 10:46:56

How are you ladies all doing thanks

Shak19 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:11:13

@kstann
I'm ok. . Struggling with the anxiety of everything tho. I worry about everything lol. I don't have many friends and the ones I do are at totally different stages of their lives so feel like when the babies here I'm gonna be such a loner and so will my baby. I'm such a psycho lol

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:16:41

I'm all okay accept I still don't have an appetite, I went to see IT chapter 2 yesterday and took no snacks which isn't like me.. then I woke at 2am needing the bathroom but refused to go incase pennywise the clown was waiting behind shower curtain for me - that should make you all laugh 😂

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 11:21:42

@Shak19 I'm feeling pretty anxious too, feeling 'less pregnant' last couple of days, so much so I might get another test when I pop out later. Feel like I'm over thinking everything! Once you start going to prenatal classes & then once the babies here and you go classes you'll make lots of new baby friends smile

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 11:23:13

@Herewego2020 hahaha! grin
I've been up every night for a wee the past few weeks too!

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:26:15

@kstann take my advice do not watch anything with scary clowns hahaha

WelshCountryBumpkin Mon 09-Sep-19 11:27:42

Hi All! I am completely new to Mumsnet having found out yesterday that I am 4 weeks + 5. It's not a planned pregnancy so we're feeling pretty bewildered but it's definitely a pleasant surprise!

As it's such early days I have no idea what happens next, and how this level of 'adulting' works haha. My anxiety is already through the roof, mainly because I have no idea of what is 'normal' in pregnancy. Despite being 30 years old, I don't know many people with children so am flying a bit blind. I would love to share this journey with you all, and take onboard as many tips and guidance as possible!

Congratulations everyone, and fingers crossed it goes as smoothly as possible for all of us flowers

ladyk03 Mon 09-Sep-19 12:06:26

Hey yeah girls , just wondering if any of you have had any bleeding. I've had a bit with some cramps and rang my doctor and they said to ring EPU so I did and why said to run doctors. It's like I've just started to come on my period, red/brown but also not very heavy but not just spotting. I'm 5 weeks currently x

KerryM1983 Mon 09-Sep-19 12:13:26

@WelshCountryBumpkin congratulations

Well I know last week I was feeling really anxious as felt like I'd lost all my symptoms. I woke up yesterday morning feeling fine and then all of a sudden absolutely out of nowhere had a massive wave of nausea. I was glued to the bathroom floor and the toilet.....it really was very unpleasant and don't know how I wasn't sick. I am assuming this is what morning sickness feels like? It just knocked me off course for the rest of the day. I've woke up this morning and have been ok. I'm not going to lie this then made me anxious as I thought it was continually once it started. This is all very new to me.

Dahliyah Mon 09-Sep-19 13:54:44

Sorry LadyK that you've got bleeding. I had some in my first pregnancy and ended up at the EPU at what was meant to be 6 weeks. Baby was measuring smaller with no heartbeat so I had to come back 10 days later when all was good. If your bleeding is light and pink or brown it's probably nothing to worry about.

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 14:23:33

@WelshCountryBumpkin Congratulations to you! Hopefully you can find some
Support amongst the rest of us over the coming months!

@ladyk03 I hope you manage to get seen today. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but best to be Sure. X

KerryM1983 Mon 09-Sep-19 14:37:05

@kstann How are you doing?

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 16:15:21

@KerryM1983 hey, I'm okay thanks - have had that strange same feeling you mentioned of feeling "less pregnant". Just overthinking everything I think.

Then was out about this afternoon and kept getting waves on nausea. I've still not got much of an appetite either. How are you x

Shelbustotherescue Mon 09-Sep-19 18:40:18

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Unfortunately I'm in a bad place mentally, I am struggling to come to terms with everything but am trying to keep positive.

Symptoms are still looking good, and no bleeding, I'm just struggling to believe that this pregnancy will be a sticky one that lasts.

I've not gone past the point where I lost babies before so that's a good thing and I thought once I'd past that, I'd be okay but it's still lurking

I have my scan on Thursday, wish I could be excited but right now my anxiety is through the roof.

sad

TheLionAndTheRose Mon 09-Sep-19 18:59:08

Hello! Can I join please? Got my BFP yesterday and due 14th May I think. Feeling ok physically but very anxious. Congrats to you all x

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:21:32

@ladyk03 try not to worry I had some bleeding with my 2nd.. he is now 9 years old!

@Shelbustotherescue I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I've miscarried in past and very anxious too and keep worrying. Partner keeps saying "be positive and dont bad things into existence". I hope scan goes well. I wish I could have one. I'm seeing midwife 24th where I will be 7 weeks

@TheLionAndTheRose welcome and congrats.. we are due the same day 🥰

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:22:14

*think ^

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 09:34:39

@Shelbustotherescue Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Just think only 2 more days til your scan. I recommended this to one of the other girls (I know it's not everyone's thing) but on Instagram Kghypnobirthing - has posts with positive affirmations! I find they can sometimes help.
I have an early scan booked for Monday!x haven't heard from my midwife yet for my booking in appt. xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 09:36:05

Has anyone else been having lots of dreams? I've had really vivid dreams and disturbed sleep since Being pregnant?!

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 09:52:50

@Shelbustotherescue I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you. I'm not surprised your MH is suffering as a consequence - do you have any coping mechanisms you can put in place to help you until the scan?

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 10:00:07

@kstann Yes! They are such dark dreams for me! I'm struggling to sleep at all at the moment tbh, and that combined with my lack of appetite has turned me into a total grump haha.

We told a couple of friends yesterday, I told my best friend as she's a fantastic support. My OH was having a freak out moment yesterday (unsurprising really - it's all been a bit of a shock!) so I encouraged him to speak to his friend. He came back full of excitement, and actually started googling baby names last night. I'm trying to slow it down a bit because it's such early days, but it's hard not to get caught up in it all! We're on holiday in 2 weeks and have decided to wait to tell anyone else until we're back from that as I'll be around 8/9 weeks then.

Is anyone else clueless about what happens with the nhs etc. now? I registered with my doctor yesterday (have only just moved house!), and go signed up to the midwife list (apparently she'll call in the next 2.5 weeks) so I guess now I just wait to hear...

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:02:00

@kstann yesssss my dreams are waking me up and keeping me up! I dreamt again about that bloody clown from IT last night and I had to go check my oldest in bed🙈 my youngest made me a dream catcher at school but I feel I need to buy a 100 more lol

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:04:54

@WelshCountryBumpkin my dreams are very dark too considering its that clown from IT, I never struggle with horrors previous to this pregnancy lol I'm going to stick with disney movies for now lol. I'm struggling to sleep and I'm not really eating either.
I've booked my first appointment with midwife where I will be 7 weeks, they told me like usually first see you from 6 weeks 🙂

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 10:23:51

@Herewego2020 Woah! I am grateful I've only ever had a diet of Disney however it didn't stop me from dreaming that I'd turned into a murderer and was carrying bodies around in the boot of my car. That was dark to a whole other level!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »