Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(988 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

nobodyloveslava Tue 10-Sep-19 16:22:26

Can I join please? I'm due my first on 20th May!

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 16:49:41

@nobodyloveslava congraaaaats! I'm 23rd! So I'm early on too!

Does anyone else have any tips for the overwhelming paranoia. I've had 2 cp and I'm terrified that I'll happen again. This is the problem with testing early huh? I've attached my tests. Top 9dpo and bottom 2 10dpo. I'd be grateful if anyone could cast an eye and see what the think with regards to strength of line etc.

Sorry to be a downer 😣 xxx

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 16:50:34

I didn't see the other posts between mine earlier and nobodyloveslava! I look so rude! Congrats to everyone else too 🥰🥰

Lifesforlivingandloving Tue 10-Sep-19 17:05:11

I had an early scan today as my doctor referred me to the EPU as I've had some light spotting and dull aches in my groin since Friday .
We got to see the little baby's heart beating today it was so amazing x indescribable ❤️
Such a relief as I was thinking all sorts and so was so worried
I thought I was 6+4 but they think more like 5+2 but I know that could change again when I have the 12 week scan 😊 x

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 17:11:52

@Lifesforlivingandloving Awwww this is so lovely to hear! I have a private early scan booked for Monday. Feeling anxious!
So pleased for you 🥰🥰

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:25:27

@Lifesforlivingandloving that's such lovely news my lovely!

@kstann lots of luck for your scan. I've got a good feeling about this thread 🥰🥰 xx

KerryM1983 Tue 10-Sep-19 18:15:34

Has anyone had a UTI since they have been pregnant. If so, what have your symptoms been?

Shelbustotherescue Wed 11-Sep-19 08:14:46

Jesus Christ 5 weeks + 5 days and woke up at 4am with sickness feeling like I've never had !!! Bought back all the memories of when I had morning sickness with my first two kids although that was a long time ago.

Had a little smile, and then reality struck, this sickness will be here for a while !!

How's everyone feeling today ?

#scandayeve smile

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 08:31:08

@Shelbustotherescue

I literally just had really bad nausea on Sunday but nothing like that since, maybe tiny bits of feeling a bit sicky. Is that normal as I thought once you started it was continually.

Shelbustotherescue Wed 11-Sep-19 08:33:50

@KerryM1983 how far along are you ??

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 08:36:00

@Shelbustotherescue

6weeks + 3 so the bad nausea happened right on my 6 weeks but definitely not had that since.

Shelbustotherescue Wed 11-Sep-19 08:52:22

@KerryM1983 you might just be lucky and not suffer with morning sickness smile

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 09:13:58

Lack of symptoms is just such a worry!!

WelshCountryBumpkin Wed 11-Sep-19 10:45:07

Congratulations to all the new joiners! I am loving hearing all the updates!

I have cramping on and off all day and night at the moment. Sometimes it's very mild and other times it's a sharp quick stab. I have no idea if this is normal or if I'm being paranoid!

In other symptom news, I spent last night trying not to throw up in the supermarket. When my body tries to make me sick I always get super burpy and incredibly loud hiccups so that was a real public highlight haha

Herewego2020 Wed 11-Sep-19 11:04:08

I'm still just suffering from sore breasts, needing to go toilet more frequent and so emotional. Even when oh suggests the names for girls I want to just burst into tears as they're just so dreadful lol.
Still very anxious though, I read that it may help to continue fitness if was into it before pregnancy. I used to go gym 4 days a week so I will go just take it light I think as gym has always been my happy place strangely enough.

kstann Wed 11-Sep-19 11:30:44

I've had a few days of nausea, then was actually sick this morning, had a yoga class booked, decided to go anyway- got there walked through the door and then felt so sick I left and was sick again when I got home 🤦🏼‍♀️
Now sat on the sofa watching this morning struggling to Do anything. X

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 12:14:59

@kstann

This worries me I'm not the same as we are the same weeks but I know everyone is different. Your mind just goes into overdrive. I was so happy, weird I know when I felt so sick on Sunday and then lack of symptoms just scares you.

kstann Wed 11-Sep-19 13:19:43

@KerryM1983 I completely get the feelings of your mind being in Over drive! I've been the same and had those feelings. From what I've read it's completely normal for symptoms to come & go and for people to have an array of symptoms. My doctor said morning sickness (although not everyone gets it) usually happens at about 6 & 1/2 weeks and can come out of no where. When's your scan xx

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:45:45

@kstann

It's next Friday 20th. Just a waiting game. x

kstann Wed 11-Sep-19 13:50:25

@KerryM1983 try not to worry 😘 (I know that's easier said than done) xx

AlmostCoherent Wed 11-Sep-19 14:12:04

Hello
I'm not sure if I will be joining or not. Depending on the day, I'm thrilled or terrified about it.
No one asides from husband knows I'm pregnant so I don't have anyone I can talk with.

MarshmallowsOnToast Wed 11-Sep-19 14:58:28

Hi ladies,

Just jumping on this thread.

I'm exactly 5 weeks today with my first. Found out I was pregnant 4 days after booking a roller coaster packed holiday to Disney World 😂 so that got cancelled!

Wow I've missed so much already. Good luck to everyone.

Will be doing my last Clearblue digital on Saturday & hoping to see 3+
Have phoned up the midwife referral & have to wait for a call back which I expect will take a while.

soitis1 Wed 11-Sep-19 15:49:26

Hi There - congratulations to everyone, I'm currently 4+5 weeks, due 15th May 2020 after hopefully my second successful FET (we have a nearly two year old boy from our first FET - feeling exactly like all you lovely ladies, nervous, cautiously happy and worried all at the same time but am trying to enjoy as much as possible.

@Alice8688 I just wanted to say those lines are great for 9 and 10dpo, a positive's a positive - try not to worry too much. I didn't get my BFP until 10dp5dt which is approx 15dpo I think so seeing a nice clear BFP at 9dpo seems like a positive to me - fingers crossed for you and all of the other ladies on here too.

Alice8688 Wed 11-Sep-19 16:08:01

@soitis1 thank you! I've taken another today with afternoon probably quite dilute wee (literally pissing money away 😂) and it's a v clear positive (but don't have the others to compare too so not sure if darker)

Thank you though! That does make me a bit calmer! Congrats on your BFP. 🥰

soitis1 Wed 11-Sep-19 16:33:42

@Alice8688 I stopped doing tests since I got my dark on on Monday -which was my official OTD- I'm just going to wait until my scan on 4th October now, there's nothing I can change now so we'll just wait until then.

Glad your test got darker though - always reassuring ;)

Niccyb13 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:16:34

Hi everyone,
Can I please join? I found out yesterday we’re expecting 18th May 2020 and we’re both so excited but nervous as it’s our first.
I’ve not really been experiencing any symptoms yet which I wasn’t sure if I should be yet?!
Look forward to going on this journey together! X

kstann Wed 11-Sep-19 17:40:01

@ladyk03 Been thinking of you and hope everything is okay 💛

MountAbora Wed 11-Sep-19 20:25:40

Heya All, can I join please? Tentatively excited as I got my BFP yesterday so very very early days! Got a positive frer in the morning and a digital which said 1-2 weeks in the evening. Went to Dr’s today (as I’m too impatient to wait grin) tho they just made me pee in a pot & gave me the midwifes number - this is my first so wasn’t sure what to expect.
Congratulations to everyone btw !

Shelbustotherescue Wed 11-Sep-19 21:03:37

12 hours to go until my scan

All sorts of feelings and emotions

Do you think it would be okay to ask them to turn the big patient screen off when they start scanning just until they know that everything's okay - I don't wanna see an empty belly again

lovepositivity Wed 11-Sep-19 21:46:09

@Shelbustotherescue
I'm also just 6 weeks pregnant and having a scan at 9.30 tomorrow. It is a reassurance scan as I had a mmc earlier in the year. I'm very nervous as not having loads of symptoms. Fingers crossed for us both.

I'm sure it is more than reasonable
To ask for the screen to be turned away from you xxx good luck xx

Shelbustotherescue Wed 11-Sep-19 22:10:46

@lovepositivity we're exactly the same ! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

I had a miscarriage 2 months ago but as it's my third miscarriage I now have scans at 6,8,10 & 12 weeks

My symptoms have mainly been sore boobs for weeks now, they're definitely bigger too ! Tiredness and a bit of nausea although I've had full on sick feeling for a couple of days which is getting worse.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow smilestarthanks

KerryM1983 Wed 11-Sep-19 23:39:11

Good luck @Shelbustotherescue & @lovepositivity x

flossy12 Thu 12-Sep-19 00:42:20

Hey OP 👋🏻 @Shak19 I'm due 14th May 😁 (my sisters birthday but she has no idea I'm even pregnant yet!) 5weeks today! I know what you mean, none of my friends have children and the kids in my family have all grown up now so is slightly scary for me 😅 trying to take it all in my stride

kstann Thu 12-Sep-19 07:36:08

@Shelbustotherescue @lovepositivity
Good luck ladies. Thinking of you this morning thanksthanks

Shelbustotherescue Thu 12-Sep-19 07:42:36

@kstann thank you ! Excited and nervous ! X

Shak19 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:10:59

Good luck @Shelbustotherescue and @lovepositivity
Let us know how you get on xx

Shelbustotherescue Thu 12-Sep-19 09:19:59

Just arrived confused nervous tummy !

Herewego2020 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:34:25

@Shelbustotherescue good luck 💐 I'm feeling positive and Sending you lots of positive vibes 🥰

zchm Thu 12-Sep-19 09:37:00

Join this thread too. Didn't know there is 2 groups for May 2020 baby. :-)
I'm 5+6 today. EDD 13th May. Not much symptoms so far, only sore boobs, sleepy all the times. No nausea yet. Waiting for 1st appointment with midwife. Taking Folic acid, and vitamin D from recommendation of the GP, eat only cooked food (I love raw beef and raw eggs but all stop now). My mom told me to eat lots of green, eat carbs don't need to worry and don't do exercise (especially jumping around) except for walking or heavy tasks in the 1st 3 months. I feel nervous, just want the 12 weeks to past quicker. wink

lovepositivity Thu 12-Sep-19 10:43:30

Thanks for all the good wishes. Had my 6 week reassurance scan and went really well. I thought I was 6+1 but they measured me at 5+5. They said everything is so tiny it's hard to get exact and the dates may change as baby gets bigger. We got to see a heart beat, made me cry! We are further than we were last time so hugely relieved. I'm gonna book a private scan at 8 weeks too though x

kstann Thu 12-Sep-19 10:57:52

@lovepositivity awww this is so lovely to hear!🥰

Makes me excited for my early scan on Monday!
I haven't stopped being sick since about 7.30 this morning. Can't even keep water down 😕

KerryM1983 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:05:53

Awww great news @lovepositivity

Bless you @kstann I couldn't be any more opposite; just slight nausea x

CharlieB93 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:07:22

Hi All!
First of all congrats to everyone xx
I've just found out i'm pregnant also and i'm FREAKING out! It was planned but after longer than expected at trying to concieve i've realised I know nothing!!
I've booked in with midwife for the 7th of Oct. I'm worried about having a pelvic exam - is this something you HAVE to have done?
Also keep getting weird cramps in the bottom of my stomach - especially in a morning. Is this ok?
Also I don't know the etiquette with when you can tell your parents? (i'm terrified about what my mum will say - shes very much 'you should focus on your career etc' i've just qualified as a chartered accountant so i know shes going to be really disappointed but i didn't want children at a late age in life!)
Sorry for rambling on!
xxx

Shelbustotherescue Thu 12-Sep-19 11:22:33

@lovepositivity glad that everything went okay.

My scan went really well, measuring 6+1 - baby is tiny tiny but we saw a heartbeat and got a picture !

Feel like a whole weight lifted !

KerryM1983 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:32:31

Really happy for you @Shelbustotherescue x

Herewego2020 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:38:21

Welcome everyone new and congrats 💐

@Shelbustotherescue and @lovepositivity I'm so happy for you both 🤗🤗

@CharlieB93 how far do you think you are. Don't be to alarmed as some cramping is normal. As for telling parents.. I'm having my 3rd and still scared to tell my parents.. my dad will be disappointed, my mum will come around quite quick. Dont worry they will come around as they always do. I'm in my second year of my PhD so they will worry about that which no need as I'm not planning to take any leave as my oh has offered to help take leave (think he wants the excuse for a break lol). Also my youngest who is 9 has suspected ADHD so this may hit him like a 10 ton truck 😔 as he very much sees himself as the baby still.

kstann Thu 12-Sep-19 11:46:29

@Shelbustotherescue aw so happy for you 🥰

@CharlieB93 Congratulations to you,
Sorry can't answer about the pelvic exam. This is my first so it's all very new to me too. ☺️ I don't think there is an etiquette, you've just got to do what you feel is right. We told our parents before 5 weeks. The nature of my Job meant I wouldn't be working as soon as I found out. We are close to our parents & felt if god forbid something bad happens, then we would need their support. Xx

CharlieB93 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:47:06

@Shelbustotherescue and @lovepositivity massive congratulations xxx

@Herewego2020

Thanks so much for replying smile I'm about 5 and a bit weeks i think... (first date of late period was 06/09/19) Its so hard to try and have a career but also to try to have a family isn't it!... My OH has also offered to be a stay at home dad, I think it was an empty offer as I was having a meltdown along the lines of 'oh god my life is going to change yours isn't etc etc...' the hormones are out in full force haha.
How far are you? Isn't it strange at this age we are still terrified of what our parents think (especially since this will be your third!)

CharlieB93 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:48:44

@kstann thank you for replying smile I think i'm going to tell my parents, like you say (god forbid) if anything happened, I think i'd really need my mum!

Herewego2020 Thu 12-Sep-19 12:07:34

@CharlieB93 I'm 5 weeks too 😊. My dad is a military man so life has to be regimented lol and he still scares life out of me as a fully grown adult. He will come around.. took him 6 months with my first and that was 13 years a go now and he is the apple of his eye of all the grandkids lol

flossy12 Thu 12-Sep-19 14:25:08

@CharlieB93 I know where your coming from hun, we have no idea when to tell my parents!! OH says wait till 12 weeks but we are going on holiday with his father on the day I turn 8 weeks and will have to explain the not drinking etc so we're just going to tell him, not sure if I should book an early scan just incase to check everything is fine before we announce to them?

I feel like once his parents know it should be fine to tell mine m? After the holiday I'll be 9 weeks so on far enough I should think to be telling my own parents?

CharlieB93 Thu 12-Sep-19 15:03:59

@flossy12 - I think OH parents will probably figure it out anyway especially if you normally drink ! Maybe you should tell them all at the same time > (incase your parents feel left out?)

It seems to be drilled into you not to utter a word of it until after the first scan but I think parents should be different, if you're like me and a bit of a worrier I think it'll be nice to have my mum and OH mum to talk to about stuff. OH goes into too much detail (i'm really squeamish) about stuff hes seen on the internet (such as the internal examinations) and I know hes trying to be helpful but I just want him to let me be in ignorant bliss haha...

Rainforestandshine Thu 12-Sep-19 16:42:57

Hello ladies! Congratulations to you all star.

@Shak19 I was hovering and not intending to comment as I only found out that I may be pregnant 3 days ago when I did a test (8DPO). It has tested positive everyday since then but I want to wait until next week to see whether AF arrives. I’m praying she does not. But what caught my attention was your comment about having period pains. I’ve had this type of pain on and off since yesterday afternoon. Is it normal? I keep going to the bathroom to check that AF hasn’t arrived. It’s worrying. If all is well, God willing, I believe I’m due on 24 May.

@MountAbora @Alice8688 It sounds like we are in similar positions.

MarshmallowsOnToast Thu 12-Sep-19 16:58:58

@Rainforestandshine

I had the feeling that AF was going to turn up at any time for days & days after my positive test. Up until earlier this week approx 16/17 DPO. I have an 11 day Luteal phase too so that was about a week after my missed period.

I think it's just the egg getting comfy in there & things starting to stretch.

I was worried I was going AF the whole time because it felt so similar.

kstann Thu 12-Sep-19 17:01:23

@Rainforestandshine Sorry to jump on, Ive just seen your comment. I had cramping (like period pains) mostly up until wk 6. I've read that it's completely normal as is the embryo implanting & uterus stretching. I'm now 6+4 and they've subsided. X

KerryM1983 Thu 12-Sep-19 17:14:06

@Rainforestandshine

I've also had a lot of period aches / pains and still am on and off and I'm 6 weeks 4 days. I just asked my acupuncturist and she said it's fine x

Rainforestandshine Thu 12-Sep-19 17:17:52

@MarshmallowsOnToast @kstann @KerryM1983

Thank you for the reassuring words. It’s good to know that others have experienced the same thing and been fine. This is my first pregnancy, and I truly don’t know how women have done this since the beginning of time. Every unexplained twinge or sensation causes panic.

One of the things I value about this site is that you can talk to people who have been, or are going, through the same thing. The support is fantastic.

MountAbora Thu 12-Sep-19 17:19:32

@Rainforestandshine I have similar cramps and feel very ‘wet’ down there. Constantly going to the loo to check if it’s AF. Hopefully as @MarshmallowsOnToast says this feeling will pass or at least we will get used to it!
I did get a positive test result from the Dr’s today & have booked in for my 1st midwife appt on Oct 15th if 🤞 all goes well which is exciting !
So distracted from work today with all this going on !!

flossy12 Thu 12-Sep-19 17:22:12

@CharlieB93 yeah I'm a very slim girl too so not sure if I'll be showing by 8 weeks or not? And I do enjoy a drink obviously not now 🙃 normally a Guinness girl 😂

My mum and dad will be over the moon I can't wait to see their faces and OH as well ☺️ none of the parents know that we're even off our contraception

kstann Thu 12-Sep-19 17:29:13

@Rainforestandshine this is my first too and completely agree! X

Rainforestandshine Thu 12-Sep-19 17:32:22

@MountAbora
Full (no longer tentative) congratulations smile]. It’s great that you were able to be seen by your doctor so quickly. Also the test results came back extremely fast. That’s a good thing. It would have been an agonising wait. You’re entitled to be distracted today. You have received wonderful news star.

@kstann Great! Let's encourage each other along the way x

lovepositivity Thu 12-Sep-19 17:36:14

@Shelbustotherescue that's fantastic! Congratulations! It's so reassuring to see the heartbeat and know there's actually something in there!! Xx

Shelbustotherescue Thu 12-Sep-19 17:39:49

It's such a weight off my mind, they could see something on the tummy scan but they did an internal for a clearer picture and that's when we saw the heart beat pumping away ❤️ how big is your bubba measuring @lovepositivity ? My next scan is booked for the 26th smile

MrsFoggy82 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:07:26

Hi All!

Can I join please? I'm 4 + 2 so estimated 20/5/20 with #2

So excited! Yet terrified too!

lovepositivity Thu 12-Sep-19 20:28:18

@Shelbustotherescue she didn't actually comment on the size but I'll post my scan pictures to see if anyone understands the measurements because I don't!

MountAbora Thu 12-Sep-19 20:53:51

Aw thanks @Rainforestandshine congratulations too!! This is my 1st as well. Yeah I’m a keen bean and was straight to Dr’s yesterday! I’m glad there are these forums as I don’t know about anyone else but I’m equally ecstatic and terrified so it helps knowing other people are experiencing similar things.
Congratulations @MrsFoggy82! Exciting. I think we are around the same stage.
Congratulations @Shelbustotherescue and @lovepositivity. I’m afraid I don’t know anything about measurements but your a can pics are amazing.

Shelbustotherescue Thu 12-Sep-19 20:54:09

@lovepositivity awwww that looks identical to mine just mine is facing the other way !!! Eeeeek so exciting ! I got given a list of measurements and notes but that may be because of my past history, heartbeat and yolk sac are really good signs of strong pregnancy !

lovepositivity Thu 12-Sep-19 21:19:59

@MountAbora @Shelbustotherescue it's amazing there's a heartbeat at 6 weeks. I've booked another private scan in 2.5 weeks so hopefully will still be nice and healthy and have grown lots! I feel lots less anxious and hopefully can start to get a bit excited now xx

flossy12 Fri 13-Sep-19 00:29:14

@lovepositivity awww ☺️☺️

Booked my reassurance scan for the 28th I can't wait 😍

Moongirl10 Fri 13-Sep-19 02:02:02

Hi can I join? Got BFP earlier this week, should be 5 weeks today due on May 21st. Saw my doctor today and he’s referred me for an ultrasound but I’m not sure if it’s too early to get it done? This is my first pregnancy so no idea really!

zchm Fri 13-Sep-19 07:23:50

I also have crapms like period cramps on the right hand sides on and off since founding out at 5 weeks. I'm not week 6, and still have cramps (during the day is fine, but before bed is quite noticeable). I have no brown and blood discharge, but keep on feeling wet and check. Cant wait for the first mid wife appointment.

tacosplease Fri 13-Sep-19 08:08:38

Hi everyone, congratulations on your BFPs! I’m due to give birth in early May, all being well. It’s my first pregnancy and I feel like I’m completely clueless about everything baby-related.

I’ve had very few symptoms so far other than minor cramping, the occasional mild wave of nausea and this week, exhaustion. I haven’t had sore boobs and haven’t thrown up.

I have a private eight-week scan booked next week so am crossing my fingers that everything is ok!

TMcN2405 Fri 13-Sep-19 11:16:16

Hi all, so glad to have this thread. I am 5 weeks exactly today, just found out on Sunday and it was a surprise but we are delighted. Feel like its been longest 5 days of my life hoping the next 7 weeks fly to get to the 12 week mark - literally google every twinge or feeling. In terms of symptoms feeling pretty tired but have been having really bad nausea past 3 or so days, its particularly bad today. Coming on me in waves and especially when i smell something strong! My senses are up the left in terms of taste and smells. Anyone feeling nausea and weird sense smell/taste?

TMcN2405 Fri 13-Sep-19 11:17:20

I keep getting that wet feeling too and immediately run to bathroom to check for blood, assuming its a normal sensation? Have you any other symptoms atm?

Shak19 Fri 13-Sep-19 13:43:06

Had an early scan today as been having 0ains etc. 5w6 days they've put me at and so relieved to see the heartbeat and everything is normal. Not that I will relax lol

flossy12 Fri 13-Sep-19 13:58:32

@Shak19 aww that's great news! Glad everything's okay 😊😊 aww a heartbeat 😍 think I'll just cry when that happens!!

@TMcN2405 I'm hoping my morning sickness never arrives! I've been loving eating strong tasting/smelling food lately! Can't get enough of the stuff 😅

TMcN2405 Fri 13-Sep-19 14:30:54

@flossy12 So funny how much your body changes so quickly! This time last week i didnt even know! Hoping the naseua passes soon, ginger tea has defo helped it yours does kick in! Have a bottomless brunch with the girls tomorrow and a night away with my other mates next week, don't know im going to cover my tracks at those! lol

lovepositivity Fri 13-Sep-19 14:46:09

I'm only 6 weeks but all tight waistbands on my trousers and tights are digging in, and making me feel nauseous!! My stomach doesn't look noticeable bigger bit I feel so bloated!!!

flossy12 Fri 13-Sep-19 14:57:01

@TMcN2405 oh god 😅 that sounds like it might be a hard one 😂 I've got a weekend with parents this weekend so it's going to be major ninja skills 😀 xx

Bumpingalong84 Fri 13-Sep-19 22:33:41

Hi ladies can I please join. Got my bfp last Sunday at 9dpo, only 4+4 so super early days! Had a mmc late May at 12week scan, turned out to be a twin pregnancy and was fairly traumatic, so very anxious!!
Have a 4yr old DD. So back on the rollercoaster ride now for a 3rd time and hoping for a sticky bean.

flossy12 Fri 13-Sep-19 22:49:14

@Bumpingalong84 aww welcome sweetie ☺️☺️ I'm so sorry to hear that 🙁 it's one of my worst fears 😓 hope your doing okay now and that your bean is extra sticky this time! X

Bumpingalong84 Sat 14-Sep-19 07:37:41

Thanks @flossy12. It was pretty traumatic but so rare I guess and just one of those things where i think just wasn’t meant to be. I believe when I hold my next baby in my arms I’ll know that they are the one I was meant to have. I’m not religious at all but was my way of coping with it. Just hoping this is the one smile🤞🏻

MountAbora Sat 14-Sep-19 08:12:35

Sorry to hear about your losses @Bumpingalong84 I think that’s lovely about the next baby being the one that’s meant to be.
I am only 4+3, I feel like I’m constantly panicking about what could go wrong. Even bought some more CB digital tests so that I can check the weeks again next week to make sure it’s increasing. Crazy lady alert here!

Rainforestandshine Sat 14-Sep-19 08:31:10

Hi Ladies! After testing all week (from 8DPO) and getting BFPs each time, today was the clearest result I received. So I know that I am definitely pregnant.

How quickly did everyone see their doctor? I have to wait a week for an appointment with a locum (it would have been a month to see my usual doctor as she is away). I’ve been having period-type cramps on and off for the past 3 days. Each time I get them I am extremely anxious. I have heard from others on here that this is normal, but it doesn’t stop the worry.

I’m was considering visiting my local hospital this weekend to talk to someone about the pains. My fiancé thinks the better option would be to call the NHS helpline. Has anyone else sought help before speaking to their regular doctor? I don’t think I can wait a further week to discuss my concerns with a medical professional. I also want to know what medications I can safely take.

Bumpingalong84 Sat 14-Sep-19 09:02:13

@MountAbora thank you. It’s such an anxious time, I’m only 4+5 so not far ahead of you. It’s exciting tho and must try and remember that.

I think a large majority go into testing over drive once they see that bfp 😂 I think I’ve done like 8 since Sunday when I found out 🙈 a clear blue digit gave me 2-3 which was lovely so would be nice to see 3+

@Rainforestandshine I had cramping (mild) from 6dpo and still now. It is a normal part of early pregnancy but can be extremely worry I understand. I would try and relax and see what happens, if they aren’t sever it’s probably embryo just bedding in. Not sure a Dr would do much.

I don’t have to see a Gp where I am, just self refer to the midwifes with online form and they call you with an appointment. Planning on doing that next week if all still well, wanted to get at least a week past period date with no hiccups.

Rainforestandshine Sat 14-Sep-19 09:16:00

@Bumpingalong84 I’ve just read about your experiences. I’m very sorry that you experienced something so tragic. I truly hope that things work out for you with your current pregnancy.

Thank you for the reassurance. Talking about the worry seems to help. I feel quite calm at the moment. I just hope I can maintain it throughout the day. I’m also keen to talk to someone about what medications are safe. I have an all year allergy which isn’t fun. It means that I regularly have to take an antihistamine. The NHS website says (in a run about way) that it is relatively safe but I’ve read so many sources that say that there is not enough data to support this, so manufacturers advise not to take it. I am struggling without it!!!

Wanderlust19 Sat 14-Sep-19 09:24:29

I found out yesterday that I am 4 weeks and 2 days so super early. I had a MMC back in March when I was 10 weeks and have been trying since then. I’m happy but so nervous! I had positive scans at 6 weeks showing healthy heartbeat etc and then went for another scan at 10 weeks and there was no movement from the baby. I had to have a D&C.

I’ve got a good feeling about it this time though 🌸

Shelbustotherescue Sat 14-Sep-19 10:59:58

2 days post scan and I'm back to worrying again confused

Peppinana Sat 14-Sep-19 18:36:47

Hi all- please may I join you? Got a bfp today so very very early days with a potential due date of 26th May (although will be at least a fortnight earlier due to c section). This is dc3; already have a 5 year old ds and a 21 month old dd. Hope all is well with you all and thoughts to those going through worrying times (I’ve been there- fairly complicated pregnancies with my two and suspected ectopic with my ds before the complications, pains turned out to be a cyst).

KerryM1983 Sat 14-Sep-19 19:43:28

Random question......does anyone know if I can eat mascarpone and ricotta.....specially ricotta. The packet doesn't say if it's pasteurised.

MarshmallowsOnToast Sat 14-Sep-19 21:00:36

@KerryM1983

I think any ricotta & mascarpone bought from supermarkets is pasteurised.

MarshmallowsOnToast Sat 14-Sep-19 21:05:13

I was so angry this morning.

Saved a Clearblue digital weeks test all week to do this morning in hopes of seeing 3+ weeks. Was very excited, held my wee all night.

Moved it literally ever so slightly whilst it was calculating to see if it had done & came up with a test error 🤬😤 (because I hadn't kept flat!) so that was a huge disappointment as it was my last one & basically £6 down the drain.

So angry, I had a strop & vowed not to give them anymore money so not buying another! 😥

MrsN2911 Sat 14-Sep-19 21:49:24

Hey guys I'd love to join! Got a positive test last Sunday and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow (15th), so due approx May 17th.
I'm anxious beyond anxious it seems. I just worry for worries sake and I'm sure it's not helping. Symptoms wise I had some minor cramping but that's subsided and I also have sore boobs although that's really intermittent too.
It's lush to connect with people in the same boat as I'm sure I'm not alone in how I feel. Hope you're all well, enjoy the rest of the weekend. X

FirsttimemummyKLx Sun 15-Sep-19 04:51:12

Hi Mummies to be/Mums/Ladies trying for babies! After two years TTC last weekend I found out I am pregnant 🤰🏽 😁 Yaaay! Never felt so many mixed emotions, if my maths is correct I’ll be due May 2020! I am so worried something will go wrong any help and advice will be great on my journey, feeling very tired and sick but haven’t been sick yet, experiencing cramping mainly at night and morning is this normal? Xx

MaybeBabyMaybeNotbe Sun 15-Sep-19 09:24:13

Hi, can I join too? Baby #2 after 3 early miscarriages. I've not even told DH yet as I'm scared if I say it out loud I'll lose this one too. Does that make me crazy?

Congratulations to everyone smile

zchm Sun 15-Sep-19 14:24:26

congrats @MrsN2911 @MaybeBabyMaybeNotbe @FirsttimemummyKLx . I felt minor cramps too on the right side since found out last week (6 weeks) mainly at night too, but now the cramps have been subsided (7+3). But weirdly it seems to move spot to a little off centre to the left, no spotting for me. Don't know if it's something to worry to be honest but I google, it seems common in pregnancy. I'm just waiting for my early scan (planning at 9weeks) to check.

MountAbora Sun 15-Sep-19 14:48:13

Congratulations to everyone who has just joined and @MarshmallowsOnToast that is so frustrating!! Those tests are so temperamental (& expensive!)
I’m having quite a lot of back ache today & a bit of cramping but hoping it’s just because I had to drive for 2 hours. The paranoid part of my brain keeps freaking out tho. If it gets worse do I phone the Dr’s tomorrow, or epu? I’m a bit unsure of procedure & weirdly knowing what to do if it gets worse makes me feels less anxious.

sao81 Sun 15-Sep-19 17:06:22

Hi ladies. Got my bfp today! Albeit 5 days early, I'm soo excited will be due around 20th May with baby number 2 👶

MarshmallowsOnToast Mon 16-Sep-19 09:48:21

@sao81
Congratulations! 🎉

Shak19 Mon 16-Sep-19 10:34:48

Anyone struggling with anxiety? Mine is awful atm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »