Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(988 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

Sunshine8888 Wed 02-Oct-19 17:48:28

@jeffsar4 anything beige!

Moonstone12 Wed 02-Oct-19 17:58:35

Ooooo @CharlieB93 Cornbeef!!! Now I want cornbeef!

cornishTJ Wed 02-Oct-19 17:59:11

Got to love a corn beef sandwich!
Heartburn is still rife.. also must've odd yesterday at work because of it because now I have rheumatic pain all down my arm. 🙄 something new everyday 😂
Milk is helping with the heartburn.. actually the only craving I have had thus far.
Have a good evening everyone

cornishTJ Wed 02-Oct-19 18:00:02

That's should have said 'I must have SAT weird...'

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 18:22:55

Yay @facevalue 😁 and everyone else!

i just had a small bowl of soup and loads of bread 😂

jeffsar4 Wed 02-Oct-19 18:35:05

Corned beef actually sounds pretty good, but I'd have to go to shops.... Toast and cup of tea will have to do AGAIN..... 🙈

Wishful30 Wed 02-Oct-19 18:45:59

Me again with the tmi 😬
Woke up this morning to literally no discharge for a change.
But had some cramps and long brown stringy bits this afternoon. Now it's more rusty brown than dark brown 🤷🏻‍♀️😑
Don't really know what to think anymore. Off for 2nd bloods tomorrow morning.
It's just one big long waiting game 🤦🏻‍♀️

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 18:51:34

@Wishful30 you are not having an easy time are you, xxx Will they give you some answers tomorrow?

Doodlebug321 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:12:10

Evening all. No more corned beef talk please 🤢🤣

The joys of all day nausea & dry heaves continue. I either REALLY want to eat something or even the thought of it makes me want to 🤮

Nose is SUPER sensitive all of a sudden. Also past few days I've needed to nap for a few hours in the afternoon.

Lots of crampy sharp feelings today (now 8wks) so trying to take it easy, hoping that nothing is wrong.

Have a good evening everyone!

Wishful30 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:18:21

@Helensss no, got to wait for my blood results Friday. I'm not 6w till Saturday so they're basically testing my hormones to see if they're rising like they should be.
If they are, then maybe they'll send me for a scan next week 🤷🏻‍♀️
If they're not then this is a weird miscarriage. I've now had this on and off (every day) since I was 2days late with af. So almost 2weeks

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 19:19:18

@Helensss thank you. well done you for eating. i demanded we go for a burger after the scan so when we sat to order the baby decided it's falafel wrap! almost had the full thing which was AMAZING! hubby ended up with the rubbish burger

zoemelb Wed 02-Oct-19 19:20:58

@jeffsar4: I have been able to cook again this week (what a bliss! I was about to get sick of takeaway and ready meal food). Soup & rice for me lunch and dinner, plus some teriyaki steak last night, tonight chicken mushroom stew together with soup & rice.
Can't digest salad yet, only thinking about it make me sick for some reason. confused
Feeling much better in the morning too (still need to pee 4 times) shock

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:21:33

Well I fainted predictably at the booking in after the bloods, I was hoping that the low blood pressure wouldn't strike again so I didn't say anything to them post needling.

It all went dark when she said 'all done', I could just feel my toddler using my hand like a little mumma, I was her baby for that moment grin

All fine, just had a feeble afternoon attempting to clean the home and being very slow.

Got to ring in a week to book my 12 week scan, bit different down in South Devon then Bristol as they just posted you a date and you basically had to take it!.

May even see the same midwife here, wonders will never cease

zoemelb Wed 02-Oct-19 19:21:49

@CharlieB93 corn beef sandwiches sound nice!!!

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:21:56

*pre needling

Wishful30 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:22:35

I'm trying to convince myself that my hormones should have dropped by now surely???
So the test should be lighter but not like this still?
Tho I've read you can still get a positive test even after mc? 🤷🏻‍♀️
So many questions I can't have the answer to

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:22:40

*holding my hand

Not using! I'm useless today !

zoemelb Wed 02-Oct-19 19:24:03

@Wishful30 hope you will feel better. Hope the blood test shows good indication.

CTeal Wed 02-Oct-19 19:28:19

Hi. I am new to this group, 8 weeks pregnant, first child, really exciting but always scary at the same time. Looking forward to having some support.

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:34:46

@Doodlebug321 I can sympathize with all these things. Some days better then others but this time is definitely a little trying. I'm sure everything is ok, those feelings sound normal and I really think it's good just to focus on the day to day, on keeping yourself well (surviving the queesyness any way you can).

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:35:18

@CTeal welcome ☺️

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 19:36:05

Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow! @Wishful30 keep us updated. That test is very strong! 🤞🏻

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 19:36:44

@CTeal hi 👋 I am 8 wk 5 so similar in timings x

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:36:53

@CTeal are you going to your booking in next week? Do you want to be my 12 week scan buddy, everyone else seems to have been scanned already!

CTeal Wed 02-Oct-19 19:38:37

Hi, I have got my midwife app tomorrow, privite scan on Sunday 8 weeks, I am hoping midwife tomorrow will arrange my 12 week scan at the hospital, of course. X

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 19:39:52

@ChampooPapi I haven’t had a scan yet either ! Trying to sit tight till 12 weeks x

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:44:55

@Helensss we are a rare breed, I would personally find it more stress to have an early one, whatever happens happens.

Someone I knew had one and saw she had twins but there was only one at the 12 week scan. She really regretted having the early one as if she hadn't she'd have never known there was one two & not spent the rest of her pregnancy worrying about the other surviving baby. All went textbook with it after the 12 week scan but it really stuck with me

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:45:34

*was once two

cornishTJ Wed 02-Oct-19 19:46:50

@Helensss @ChampooPapi no scan for me either. Booking in appointment next Tuesday at 9 1/2 weeks.
Didn't want to scan too early as I previously had miscarriage at almost seven weeks. I want to get to the 'safe' 12 week mark before I celebrate fully!

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 19:52:22

@ChampooPapi yeah I kind of agree,
I had three early mc this year all about 5 weeks and I thought I’d definitely have scans this time but like you say the build up will make me anxious and I’m quite calm (ish) at the mo! 12 weeks lll be a mess leading up! 😂

@cornishTJ I had my booking in appt at 7 weeks so super early, I’m 9 weeks Friday and have been told my scan will be between 18.10 and 7.11 😬

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:53:55

@cornishTJ me too, the stats before 12 weeks are not reassuring enough for me to start letting myself get totally attached and emerced yet. Post 12 weeks it's like 98% walk away with a babe in arms I think so no naming yet for champoo 🙏

Doodlebug321 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:56:34

@ChampooPapi Thanks. Horrible ntermittent stabbing like feeling under my pubic bone today. Suppose it could be ligament, but of course my brain goes straight to something wrong with the embryo. Naughty brain. Some lower back discomfort too, which is why I think I'm worrying a bit.

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:57:29

@Helensss you are definitely doing the right thing, let your body do its thing, scanxiety is a thing! You don't need it in your life at present with your previous losers it's even more of a reason to keep calm, truck on and try and not feed the worry monster. We are getting very close now, my advice is to let yourself freak the few days before but be firm until then.

Chocolate helps a lot 😉

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 19:59:00

*previous losses

Arhhh! My predictive text is against me. Appologies @Helensss

Wishful30 Wed 02-Oct-19 19:59:58

@Doodlebug321 I read about 'lightening crotch' the other day... it's actually a thing 😂

cornishTJ Wed 02-Oct-19 20:02:05

@Helensss oh I feel your pain with three early miscarriages. One put me through a load of emotion for a long time so I can only imagine your anxiety. That's quite a long wait in between appointments but you've made it way past five weeks now. Very good sign!!

@ChampooPapi yes in a very similar mind frame to you. As much as I feel a little jealous of all the scans on here, it isn't my way I don't think.

Glad I found you both!! X

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 20:05:27

@Doodlebug321 I honestly get this with every pregnancy at some point, I think it's a good sign of everything moving about a bit and just being aware of the body more because your on alert. It can flick a switch in mind but shut that down straight away, easier said then done I know but you can do it, put it in a box in your mind and mentally lock it.

Unless it's a constant issue, or just feels totally different from anything else you've felt, there are red flags of course in pregnancy that need medical attention. But this stage one has to try and keep the mind a fortress of positivity if possible, letting no negative thoughts in about our growing babes

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 20:11:23

@cornishTJ I can't speak for the others but I'll be here until we reach the logical conclusion, and I'm always up for the post natal afternoon chats. This is going to go hellava fast, we must continue to keep smelling those metaphorical roses each day

(If we couldn't stomach their metaphorical pungent scent obviously)

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 20:16:40

I have mixed feelings @ChampooPapi, I had a missed miscarriage in May. I had a scan only due to early bleeding so had a scan at 6wks then at 8wks. They saw a heartbeat, no more bleeding and I carried that pregnancy for a further 4 weeks before finding out at our 12wk scan that the baby had died at 8wks just after my scan!!

I didn’t want to have any reason to have a scan in this pregnancy, DH and I had decided to not have one until 12wks. However I started bleeding again at 6wks. It was impossible to ignore and the thought of a silent miscarriage again terrifies me! Especially when I don’t have as much nausea as I did with DD.

I am by nature a very positive upbeat person that does believe what will be will be. But a mmc has shaken me. As much as I feel positive I’m grateful the epu suggested scanning me again at 10wks. Especially finding out I had a haematoma so that reassures me that there was a reason to the bleeding this time!

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 20:21:10

@Wishful30 I’m so sorry you are feeling crappy. Must be so hard having that constant worry every time you go to the loo! I know that feeling well.
I did have positives for about 10 days after miscarriage but it wasn’t strong.. Maybe like me you have a subchorionic haematoma 🤷🏻‍♀️ As I had a fair bit of brown bleeding, Fingers crossed that it’s something they can explain. It hasn’t affected the growth of the embryo and have been told its resolving and might still have some brown spotting. Good luck for tomorrow. That’s a great line tho.

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 20:23:17

@cornishTJ Me too!
They were hard but I am thankful they were really early ones, we were also lucky to keep conceiving quickly again too. I had been in dispair as my cycle took 2 years to settle from the pill, then kept getting pregnant and losing them, but fingers crossed this is the time!

@ChampooPai scanxiety I like that! This group is helping already, hard at work every day With all the emotions and sicky symptoms when no one knows x

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 20:28:31

@Bumpingalong84 oh absolutely I can understand that, who wouldn't, you've been through your fair share of distress and confusion in the past and have quite rightly been referred.

Heavy bleeding is a definite need for a scan in every case, and any bright red bleeding is concern to be mentioned to your midwife or doctor and they proceed however they do which is usually a scan.

ChampooPapi Wed 02-Oct-19 20:31:20

@Helensss oh God work must be brutal, I'd definitely rather be on toddler duty, you are a hero going in day in day out. I'm being very weak and already in bed, writing this horizontal....the best position for all 1st trimester ladies

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 20:35:14

I know, it’s so nice to be blissfully unaware. With my DD I never dreamed of having a scan. And even now if it wasn’t for symptoms I wouldn’t have chosen to have one even with the recent history we have. I think like you say that can lead to more anxiety and confusion with dates and all that. Being pregnant is emotionally difficult for a million different reason for different people.

Anyhoo, did someone say corned beef sandwich 😂 I don’t think I’ve had corned beef in like 15yrs.

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 20:35:58

@ChampooPai yeah it is quite tough as I have hardly any energy to do anything so I just look like I’m being really lazy at the moment 😂 all will come to light soon!

I am also in bed, it’s heaven x

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 20:37:50

@bumpingalong84 we are all different and have a variety of past history and health risks. I agree with you. sadly your story is exactly what happened to my good friend who basically waited in anticipation for the 12 week scan ( she's fairly healthy and had a baby before ) sadly there was no heart beat and they said baby stopped growing weeks ago.. She was devastated and had to have an operation etc) there's a happy end i promise- she now 6months pregnant 🤞🏼☺️

again this is not a reason to freak out and advice ALL WOMEN to have early scans! some of us in this group have medical reasons and our scans are not PRIVATE. i think it's important to be kind when giving opinions and not to appear like one is criticising fellow mums-to-be decisions on the thread. everyone is hormonal and worried for one reason or another.

the last 24 hours have been upbeat with all the lovely scan results and heartbeats. But we r still also in anticipation to hear more good results for the next few days with our fellows who bled or had pain xxxxx i'm spreading positive thoughts and hugs for anyone who likes some 😍👍🏼

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 20:39:13

@Bumpingalong84 I totally understand why you have had scans! I think missed miscarriage is such a terrifying thing, especially if you’ve had one before and bleeding too.

Cannot WAIT to get in some sort of safe zone Xx

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 20:44:27

Absolutely @facevalue I hope I didn’t come across wrong, I just meant for me personally I decided not to. Everyone’s story on here is different of course and I’m also loving the positive vibes and support! ❤️

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 20:45:12

@helensss one hurdle at a time. fingers crossed for 12 week scan x

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 20:50:01

@Helensss oh no , you are so lovely x i was making a general observation. i didn't chose to have my scan it was booked for me and it's nice when one can share little blessings with others in a supportive group. i said it before and i'm saying it again " not reassurance scan until the 12 week scan". we can still have a miscarriage or worst attend the scan and there's no heartbeat.

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 20:52:33

@facevalue yeah same happened to me, I decided on medical management that went horribly wrong, ended up in a&e and had to have surgery in the end anyways. It was awful and really traumatised my DH. But I completely agree and even tho I’m anxious I am positive about this pregnancy, even with its own dramas! I am fit and young and have a soon to be 4yr old so hopefully have no reason to worry it’ll happen again.

it was so nice hearing all the positive news yesterday and to be in a forum where everyone can moan and groan and like you say accept we are all hormonal.

It’s nice to talk about things when your pool of people ‘in real life’ don’t know what’s happening.

Roll on good 12 week scans all round, it’ll be exciting when people start sharing that they’ve had theirs. I got my appointment for mine today 12th November!! Feels like forever away!

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 20:55:15

Anxiety is through the roof this evening, 12 hours until my scan, fingers crossed that bean is still going strong, I have also had a MMC as well as "standard" miscarriages.

I'm clinging on to the fact that I haven't bled, no pain and still have some slight symptoms - although my mind is in over drive that it could be a mmc.

Could do with a handhold confused

Mystie Wed 02-Oct-19 20:57:33

@Shelbustotherescue virtual handhold incoming! X 🤝

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:00:02

@Shelbustotherescue oh babe x i'm not surprised you are stressed. a MC devastates you and i truly feel a MMC would traumatise me more. i'm so glad you have a scan tomorrow. i was really stressed before the scan today but seeing my husband's face light up when he saw there's a heartbeat made it feel real for him 🥰🥰🥰 he suddenly feels involved and started talking about possible names hahaha cute .

are you going with someone?

Bumpingalong84 Wed 02-Oct-19 21:00:43

@Shelbustotherescue big hugs and good luck wishes

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:01:40

@Shelbustotherescue and here's a bother hand hold and massive positive thoughts blown your way

facevalue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:02:07

@Shelbustotherescue "another

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:06:12

@facevalue @Bumpingalong84 @Mystie thank you, this will be my third scan, I've had 6wk 7wk so this will be my 9wk but the gap of two weeks has really been a struggle. I appreciate everyone's support, I know it probably seems dramatic especially given I've not had any "troubles" this time, but history does have a horrible way of playing on your mind

danielasummer Wed 02-Oct-19 21:07:07

@Shelbustotherescue thinking of you and offering a hand xxx

Shelbustotherescue Wed 02-Oct-19 21:08:01

@facevalue I'm so pleased your scan went well, and hubby is happy ! Mine is struggling similar to me, I don't think he'll accept it's real til 12 weeks

Helensss Wed 02-Oct-19 21:12:40

@Shelbustotherescue sending love! It doesn’t seem dramatic at all, it’s such a nerve wracking experience. So different to how I ever imagined it! X

CTeal Wed 02-Oct-19 21:33:23

Ah really, keep in contact x

rosewater20 Wed 02-Oct-19 22:29:21

Can I join? I just found out I am pregnant with my first baby on Sunday. I have had intense cramping off and on for the past two weeks and thought af was coming, but at 13 days late, I decided to take a test (or three). My GP had me come in immediately on Monday for a transvaginal ultrasound because of the cramping, and she saw the sac, and she thought she saw the yolk sac and the embryo but she said the picture quality on the ultrasound wasn't good enough to be sure and has scheduled me to come back in two weeks for a better ultrasound. My HCG levels and the size of the sac are all congruent to be six weeks along. They have restest my HCG levels today to make sure they are increasing.

I am still having cramping, very sore breasts and have been nauseous today.

I am nervous and hoping for good news from the blood test today and for the ultrasound in two weeks.

Sunshine8888 Wed 02-Oct-19 22:30:39

I’m pro early scans, whatever helps us ladies get through this time to be honest! Following the bleeds I just needed to know that baby was in the right place and ok. Totally aware risk of mc is still there but risk drops to 2% if you see a strong heartbeat at 8+ weeks, I think that is a reassuring statistic. For me turning up at 12 week scan to find out baby stopped growing at 6 weeks for example would be worse - if something is wrong I personally would want to know sooner.

I have my dating scan a week tomorrow, it’s going to be too early so I’ll be interested to see what happens x

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:21:38

@rosewater20 welcome to the group. congratulations. hope your repeat test is reassuring x keep us posted

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:23:22

@Shelbustotherescue 😘 goodluck x hang in there

rosewater20 Thu 03-Oct-19 07:36:28

@facevalue thank you. The results should be back today. I am really nervous about why when I had the ultrasound they weren't sure if the little dots they saw in the sac were the yolk and embryo. Googling has made me more nervous because I keep reading stories about people clearly seeing their embryo and hearing a heartbeat at six weeks.

The waiting and unknown are so hard.

Shelbustotherescue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:41:36

@facevalue thank you, I'll let you know as soon as I know x

Helensss Thu 03-Oct-19 07:47:44

@Shelbustotherescue good luck xx

Helensss Thu 03-Oct-19 07:49:24

@rosewater20 hi 👋 congratulations! If it helps my friend had bad cramping on and off all the way through to her scan at 12 weeks. She panicked as they felt worse than period cramps, she had her scan on Monday and all is perfect so it can be totally normal I think xx

facevalue Thu 03-Oct-19 07:50:55

@rosewater20 they would have told you if they suspect a bad outcome. you simply can't be sure this early. honestly i know i would be a nervous wreck too in your shoes. can you distract yourself doing something else after you get your reassuring blood result? it will be a week or 2 b4 they scan again x be kind to your mind and body x

CharlieB93 Thu 03-Oct-19 07:54:49

So yesterday I woke up without feeling sick and this morning my boobs are no longer sore either. I’m really worried something’s going wrong 😢

rosewater20 Thu 03-Oct-19 08:04:17

@Helensss Thank you. That makes me feel better! I did read that cramping was normal and my doctor said she wasn't worried.

@facevalue, You are right. The doctor kept saying "everything looks great and this is what we would expect to see right now, and when we scan at 8 weeks we expect to see the embryo clearly" And she said the ultrasound she was using was poor quality. I have been really happy and positive until this evening, and I think that's partly because my DP is away with work until next week so I am sat at home alone with my thoughts.

I am hoping the bloodwork is a reassuring today so I can relax a bit. I have also emailed my doctor and let her know about my worries, and so hopefully she'll send something back that is reassuring.

I can't believe that this time last week I didn't even know I was pregnant and now all I can think about is how much I want this baby.

ChampooPapi Thu 03-Oct-19 08:11:39

Oh my , this thread is nearly full! I'll set up another and link quick smart

ChampooPapi Thu 03-Oct-19 08:18:49

Link to new thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3707810-Babies-Due-May-2020-thread-2

Laura9x Tue 15-Oct-19 16:10:02

Hello!
I am roughly 7/8 weeks! I have my first appointment on the 30th and then first scan on the 15th.

Has anyone told anyone yet? this is my first and i have no idea what to do. I also have a family wedding coming up and not sure how to play it (obv wont be drinking, but dont know how to explain why im not drinking!) Or has anyone had an early scan?

L xx

VickiLouise09 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:55:22

Hi!

I’m 6 +3. I have a daughter, she’s about to turn 10! So I am in full panic mode. I think I’m more scared this time around. Would be happy to share this journey with you all. Feels like I’m doing this for the first time as it’s been so long! X

mommyof3boys2019 Tue 22-Oct-19 04:17:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mommyof3boys2019 Tue 22-Oct-19 04:21:55

mommyof3boys2019 Tue 22-Oct-19 04:23:15

SDmummytobe Sat 26-Oct-19 21:43:36

Heyyy Ladies! This is my first pregnancy I’m due 11/05/19 my hormones are everywhere, are anyone else’s? I’m so snappy and irritable it’s driving me insane ! Let me know I’m not alone hahaa x

SDmummytobe Sat 26-Oct-19 21:44:13

Ooops 11/05/2020!!!

Desto Sat 02-Nov-19 10:41:49

Hello I'm due around 20th may or so I'm told I'm due my 12 week scan Monday coming so will find out the date then if it doesn't change on my 20 week scan 😂 this is my 3rd pregnancy and I told my close family and friends due to the fact I really suffered with bad sickness and was really poorly with it and needed support, you will tell them in your own time,also you could say your not drinking due to being at work early the next day etc 😂

KCMOM Wed 06-Nov-19 16:01:46

Guessing I'm due June 2020! This will be baby #3 and my boyfriend and I are beyond excited. 8 weeks today and my baby is the size of a grape, that's small.

Desto Wed 06-Nov-19 16:17:53

I've had my scan and was nearly 13 week's so I'm told little one will be due around 14th may very excited! I'm back at work tomorrow after having a while off so fingers crossed dont feel to bad,really wish I felt normalish again ha ha

flossy12 Wed 06-Nov-19 16:33:18

Girls Im 12+3 today, had some brown discharge twice today but nothing since dinner time, it's got me worried abit even though I've seen it can be normal, anyone experienced this or should I ring midwife? It's my #1 baby and 1st pregnancy

Helensss Wed 06-Nov-19 16:50:26

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3723236-Due-May-2020-thread-3?msgid=91373826#91373826

We are on a 3rd group as this is full if you want to join! I have had spotting on and off and even a red bleed at the weekend but all is ok, can be very normal but scary to see x

Helensss Wed 06-Nov-19 16:50:47

Groups only go up to 40 pages

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »