Talk

Advanced search

Due May 2020 - could do with a buddy!

(988 Posts)
Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:06:25

Hi all. So I'm due my first in May of next year. I only found out I was pregnant on Saturday. My husband is great but I have no friends at this stage they either have grown up kids or arent planning to any time soon
I have two sisters. One with grown up kids who she doesn't see and one who's getting married soon so is in her own little bubble.

I would just like someone to talk about all of this as I'm really anxious about the next 9 months.

Thanks for reading smile

maceratedstrawberries Tue 03-Sep-19 14:39:23

I am also due in May, currently 5+3 with my first and totally freaking out about literally everything... Would be very happy (and reassured!) to have a buddy!

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 15:04:57

I'm 4+4 so a week behind you! It still doesn't seem real to me. Are you booked in with the midwife yet?

Lifesforlivingandloving Tue 03-Sep-19 15:40:19

I'm 5+3 Nd also really anxious about every little thing . I feel so lucky but on edge too
Happy to buddy up x

hannahgriff Tue 03-Sep-19 16:05:39

Someone has started a Facebook group for people due in May - hopefully this link will work :-) x

m.facebook.com/groups/2086314804998066/?ref=group_browse

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:12:41

@Lifesforlivingandloving me too! It's a scary time isnt it
Have you had any symptoms yet??

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:13:07

@hannahgriff
Thanks just requested to join!!

Lifesforlivingandloving Tue 03-Sep-19 16:20:09

@Shak19
Yes I've been feeling sick off and on since about 4 days before I even had a missed period lol and also had heartburn
And I've had a few light cramps off and on
Other than that I've been ok
Boobs are fine and only minor fatigue
You? X

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:29:52

@Lifesforlivingandloving
For me my boobs are aching, occasional headaches and the odd cramp. I genuinely thought af was coming lol
I haven't started with the sickness yet fortunately

Shelbustotherescue Tue 03-Sep-19 16:40:03

@Shak19 I'm 4weeks + 4 too !

I am incredibly anxious as this is a very much wanted pregnancy following my third miscarriage in June this year but I am struggling to enjoy it

Could do with the support of others along this journey - if anything to try and keep me sane

I'm booked in for my first scan next Thursday

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:42:21

@Shelbustotherescue sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Fingers crossed everything goes well this time. It must be such a anxious time for you I cant imagine.
Have you booked an early private scan or are they giving you one due to the previous miscarriages?

Shelbustotherescue Tue 03-Sep-19 16:48:51

@Shak19 thank you, no these are scans from the early pregnancy clinic because I'm under the recurrent miscarriage team, so I have scans at 6,8,10 & 12 weeks

I should be really excited but at the moment it's hard with worrying about everything, but everyday with no "bad" signs is a good step in the right direction

maceratedstrawberries Tue 03-Sep-19 16:51:28

I only managed to get a GP appointment for this morning, so hoping my midwife referral is processed super speedily! How about you? Agree, doesn't feel real yet... Though as symptoms continue to worsen (sore boobs, nausea, tiredness) it's beginning to sink in grin

lornz Tue 03-Sep-19 16:57:50

👋 a tentative due may also.

Got BFP yesterday on IC. And confirmed on a FRER this morning (AF not due until Sunday). Aprox 3 weeks 3 days.

Blerf Tue 03-Sep-19 17:15:21

Hi, I'm 4 weeks and hate not talking to anyone about it. Only my husband knows and he's away til Friday. I think we'll tell my sister as soon as he gets back and then parents soon after. I'm like and uber nerd and keep obsessively reading all the facts about everything.

Been feeling quite sick, dizzy and my heart rate is up a fair bit. Sore boobs too. Amazingly I had a not even that faint line on 8dpo and this was our first cycle! It feels crazy that we could be so lucky so I'm worried about loosing it. And then I spend the rest of the time worrying that my early symptoms mean I'm carrying twins.

First pregnancy so no idea really and without speaking to my mum about her symptoms (again waiting til husband is back), it's hard to cope with alone!

Shak19 Tue 03-Sep-19 17:49:18

I also haven't told anyone other than my husband and gp! Went to gp as soon as I found out due to my hypothyroidism so have to get bloods done tomorrow just make sure the pregnancy isnt taking too much of a toll on my thyroid

I really want to tell people but also wanting to wait till 12 week scan? How do people decide when to tell people. I'm so overthinking it lol

maceratedstrawberries Tue 03-Sep-19 18:45:40

@Shak19 I think I am going to tell my mum half way through week 6 on her birthday, but swear her to secrecy... Might have to tell my hubby's dad and sister the next week as we are off on holiday with them, and they are probably going to work it out when I am not doing my usual wine-guzzling... I would rather not tell anyone until week 12, but if I am going to have to tell his family soon I would rather my mum knew first, haha! It's totally down to you at the end of the day who you tell and when... But I know I will feel better sharing the anxiety with my mum (she has had 5 kids, so an excellent source of support and expertise!!).

ladyk03 Tue 03-Sep-19 19:18:06

Hey girls, so we have just had the news today we are expecting DC number 2! Not sure how my toddler is going to take it haha.

Congratulations to all you other girls who are expecting! Is it your first or second? How are you all feeling? Xx

KerryM1983 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:12:57

Hi everyone.
I am 5 weeks + 3 today.
We have been trying for 4 years and fell pregnant on my 3rd round of ICSI. I think we are both still in shock even though we found out a week ago today.
I’ve been really anxious as you can imagine and constantly worrying. I keep taking a test to reassure myself.
I’ve been experiencing sore boobs, tiredness and really bad bloatedness. I get night cramps as well but have experienced this from my embryo transfer. I haven’t had any morning sickness.
My scan isn’t until 23rd September which feels like a lifetime away. I really want to enjoy this time but feel like I’m always worrying.

Blerf Wed 04-Sep-19 08:14:08

It's my first. I don't think you need to wait until week 12 with close people since rare of miscarriage is only about 3.5% by week (data from Expecting Better by Emily Oster... Highly recommended!). I certainly will be spilling the beans with close people before even then I think!!

kestannard89 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:23:32

Hey!
I am 5 +3.
I found out 9 days ago! Looks like I'm not the only one who's constantly on edge - hoping everything's okay. As much as I'm trying to enjoy this time smile
I've had my initial appt with doctor but haven't heard from the midwife yet for my booking in appt. we've decided to book an early scan at 7 weeks to hopefully put my mind at rest xx

kestannard89 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:27:12

@KerryM1983 congratulations to you! smile

I have also been getting quite a few minor cramps, especially at night. Sore boobs and tiredness too. X

KerryM1983 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:35:13

@kestannard89 Congratulations to you toosmile

You just feel like you are analysing everything don't you!! As much as your partner is there for you as well they just don't understand your concerns. You just don't know what's going on in there!!

I'm just hoping and praying that my hcg levels are rising!

kstann Wed 04-Sep-19 08:41:17

@KerryM1983 exactly that! It's all I've thought about since we found out. This is my first - so I keep google everything to check what's normal!
I've worked out my scan won't be towards the 20th ish of October - so have private scan booked for 16th sept x
It's lovely to have people to talk to who are currently going through the exact thoughts and feelings xx

KerryM1983 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:01:03

@kstann It really is nice to be able to have this.

This is our first too. That sounds like a good idea to book a private scan, I think if mine was any longer I would of done the same.

Hope you have a good day x

Blerf Wed 04-Sep-19 12:52:49

Yeah, I'll probably do a private scan soon too, but trying to hold out as long as possible. Quite annoying as my husband is away quite a lot of the next month with work so I'm just sat at home trying not to blert it out to everyone!

Sore boobs, but not ridiculous (sometimes after ovulation they've been worse than this) but I've definitely got a new type of nausea and am super tired too!

abbyhay123 Wed 04-Sep-19 20:59:06

Hi I have just found out I'm pregnant and I'm due 12th of may. This will be my second child but feeling really anxious this time not sure why . What's everyone symptoms been so far I have sharp/stretching pain lower tummy and feeling sick but not been sick yet touch wood!! Xx

unclemontyscrumpets Fri 06-Sep-19 10:15:32

Hello! I'd like to join, please.
I'm 5 weeks today after my 1st go at IVF- and I'm failing miserably at being chill! Actually I was ok until yesterday morning when I had some pink spotting- and since then I'm peeing even more often to check for flashes or red like a nutcase.

I have low level period pains now and then across the day- mainly at night or first thing in the morning, which has been the case since I first got my BFP. Other than that I don't really have any symptoms- I can't really tell if my boobs are more sort than usual as they're quite, ahem, big anyway so I'm used to being quite uncomfortable. I'm also weirdly thirsty...

I hope everyone else is ok today- I really appreciate having somewhere where I'm allowed to talk about it? flowers

lauryloo Fri 06-Sep-19 10:20:01

hi

can i join you guys - currently 4 weeks - found out yesterday!

this will be baby no 3 and a little surprise

wineymummy Fri 06-Sep-19 10:23:35

Hi everyone. Congratulations to you all!
Found out yesterday on an IC at 10dpo, tested again today and it's a darker line. AF not due until next Thursday according to FF but my cycles have been a bit off since having my implant out so I'm not sure exactly on my DPO. Due 20th May! This will be number 2, we already have a DD 2.5.

Herewego2020 Fri 06-Sep-19 10:32:51

Hey everyone.. first congrats 🌟💫 I would love to join too please. I found out On the 3rd at 11dpo, I'm due 14th May 🥰 I have breast tenderness, no appetite which isn't great.. and a oh who is not sleeping very well 😅

Shak19 Fri 06-Sep-19 10:35:09

Hello again everyone. I'm 5 weeks exactly today smile
It's nice so many of us due around the same time. No one in my life is ttc or preg any time soon.

So this week we told my mum dad and sister we are expecting and sworn them to secrecy lol
We are going to tell the in laws this weekend when we see them
My next issue is my landlords contract says no kids under 5... we are due in may and our contract is up in May and I'm stressed at the thought of moving with a newborn.
Really hoping she let's us stay a few months till we figure things out

Also is anyone else feeling like they're having period pains? Apparently its normal but doesn't help with my anxiety lol

Herewego2020 Fri 06-Sep-19 10:39:39

Forgot to add this will be my 3rd. I have 2 boys 9 and 13 who hardly need me anymore accept to feed them😅. My sister knows and admin at uni as I'm just starting my 2nd year of my PhD at uni which I plan to keep doing😳 prob why oh is not sleeping 😅.
@Shak19 I also have cramps here and there. They are nothing usually anything to worry about. I get anxious too 💞

KerryM1983 Fri 06-Sep-19 10:54:45

Hi all

Congratulations to you all.
I'm now 5 weeks + 5 and anxious as ever.
I've gone from feeling pregnant to feeling better which has put me on edge. I also ended up doing another test yesterday which I thought was lighter and this has bothered me as I thought it was supposed to get darker. I have woke up this morning with a dull like period pain and dull back ache. The only thing that seems to be consistent is the tiredness. Has anyone had the same experiences?

Springbaby20 Fri 06-Sep-19 11:15:22

Hey! Congrats to all smile

Can I join you too, we found out yesterday I am pregnant - very excited and very overwhelmed!! Nausea has been strong for the last week, carbs are helping :D

This is my second child xx

ejmay90 Fri 06-Sep-19 11:48:17

@Shelbustotherescue this is my 2nd pregnancy after a miscarriage in june this year also.

I completely understand why your feeling you can't enjoy it as i feel the same! I'm 6+1 today and have booked in for a private early scan at 8 weeks.
I just keep comparing to my last pregnancy. Had a few more symptoms this time but feeling so unpregnant today which is worrying me!
Was that your first miscarriage? as i haven't been offered regular scans.

Hope everything is well with your scan next week! x

ejmay90 Fri 06-Sep-19 11:53:56

@KerryM1983

Congrats on your pregnancy!
I feel the same today, felt very pregnant yesterday but nothing today and that worries me as previously miscarried in June. Dr always tells me not to go by symptoms as they can come and go so please try not to worry.
I've had a dull ache on and off for over a week but has stopped now, as long as it's not excruciating pain it should just be where everything is moving and creating room down there. I have also had a backache but at the top not lower which seems to have settled now.

If you are worried about the test why not call your dr? i wouldn't say that is an indication of anything so try not to worry i'm sure you will be fine. x

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 11:54:53

@Herewego2020 Hi, firstly congratulations!
I am 5 + 5 today and feeling anxious too! I am also studying, about to go into my final year. Due date is 3rd May and my final exams are June confused
It's going to be a busy year! Lol x

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 11:59:27

@KerryM1983 hey, im the same dates as you! 5+5. I'm sure It's nothing to worry about. As exciting as it is It's such an anxious time - looks like we are all feeling that way. I've been pretty tired the past few weeks and have had quite a bit of period pain like camps for the past week. My digestion is also a lot slower and I keep burping 🤦🏼‍♀️. X

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 12:02:51

@Shak19 Hey, congratulations to you! And thanks for starting the post! It's great to have so many people in the same boat!!
I've had quite a lot of mild cramping, a bit period pain like and often worse In the evening! I've read that it's completely normal (as long as it's not agony, persistent or accompanied with bleeding) xx

Herewego2020 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:12:58

@kstann congrats to you too 💞 I'm so glad you are studying too makes me feel better lol. I am determined to keep it up and I'm part time too so im sure I will cope..I hope.
The anxious feeling is horrible. I had a miscarriage 2 years a go and my oh only just agreed to try again as he was so heartbroken.

Shelbustotherescue Fri 06-Sep-19 12:25:33

@ejmay90 no it was my third miscarriage, 2nd in 12 months - that's why I am having extra scans etc with the recurrent loss clinic

Congratulations on your pregnancy !

I am 5 weeks today - symptoms are still sore boobs, tiredness and nausea is coming thick and fast - generally first thing in the morning and the evenings.

Feel like I've got a bump confused but that could just be bloating

Hows everyone else doing x

ejmay90 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:31:59

@Shelbustotherescue i'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you, congrats on yours!

Glad your having extra scans as that will help with the anxiety.

I'm pretty much the same, sore boobs but they seem to be on and off. Nausea has also been on and off and can be any time during the day. Had dull ache cramps at night but that has eased now.

I'm so bloated too! x

KerryM1983 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:35:57

@ejmay90 Congratulations to you too 

Really trying not to worry. Half of my brain says go with the flow and the other half just completely runs off with itself.

I thought about contacting the doctor or ivf clinic but I assumed they would probably tell me not to worry with not having any significant troublesome symptoms.

@kstann

It is so nice we are the same dates.
Trying to stay positive and take each day as it comes. My horrendous bloating has practically gone and last night I completely lost my appetite. Hopefully our miracle is growing exactly as it should be.

Wish you ladies the best x

ejmay90 Fri 06-Sep-19 12:41:48

@KerryM1983 thank you!

Yea i'm the same, trying to relax is easier said than done. Just constantly thinking the worst and i know i shouldn't.

I have had good and bad days though so i'm sure it will be the same for you.
That is what my Dr keeps saying, unless there is anything really wrong not to worry. x

Shelbustotherescue Fri 06-Sep-19 12:49:50

Yeah it really will, at least I'm hoping it will, I'm just at the point now where everything went wrong with the last pregnancy so I'm just mentally getting through that - it's tougher than I thought.

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 13:07:15

@Herewego2020 So sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I know this sort of this isn't for everyone, but if you're on Instagram - kghypnobirthing puts up posts with little positive affirmations weve I've started using ☺️ xx

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 13:11:43

@KerryM1983 I've been bloated too, said to my Oh I already look like I'm 12 weeks 😂
My appetite has reduced too!
Just ordered my first pregnancy book which comes today - so looking forward to tucking into that!!

Wishing you all the best too thanks

Shak19 Fri 06-Sep-19 16:42:36

Thanks for the reassurance with regards to the cramps and stuff @kstann @Herewego2020
I guess it's a normal part of all this
@kstann which book did you get? I'm wanting to get some but dunno where to begin lol

Jojowash Fri 06-Sep-19 16:46:54

Due 10th May! Rainbow babe, congrats to you all x

We lost our little one at 11 weeks, a real shock because we had strong positive tests all the way through. I had a brown staining one morning and again the next so I went straight to A&E, they did a pregnancy test, he came out and said ‘we’ll you’re still pregnant’ with a smile. I went up for a scan in the early pregnancy unit and then got the devastating news. I naturally miscarried a week later.

I’m now 5 weeks pregnant and just don’t have any symptoms. I’m petrified as I can’t rely on the tests as mine still read pregnant last time!

At what stages did you feel pregnant? My other two children I had 14 years ago and remember feeling unwell, a bit queazy and very tired but I cannot remember at what stage.

Anyone else going through this? Xx

kstann Fri 06-Sep-19 17:21:33

@Shak19 this book, had really good reviews on amazon!

@Jojowash I am so sorry you've had to go through that, heart breaking.
This is my first. I've been tired (daily naps are a winner), my boobs are getting bigger already and are sore, my appetite has reduced as food seems to take ages to digest and giving me burps! No nausea or sickness for me. I'm 5+5. I have an early scan booked for the 16th!xxx

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 10:46:56

How are you ladies all doing thanks

Shak19 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:11:13

@kstann
I'm ok. . Struggling with the anxiety of everything tho. I worry about everything lol. I don't have many friends and the ones I do are at totally different stages of their lives so feel like when the babies here I'm gonna be such a loner and so will my baby. I'm such a psycho lol

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:16:41

I'm all okay accept I still don't have an appetite, I went to see IT chapter 2 yesterday and took no snacks which isn't like me.. then I woke at 2am needing the bathroom but refused to go incase pennywise the clown was waiting behind shower curtain for me - that should make you all laugh 😂

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 11:21:42

@Shak19 I'm feeling pretty anxious too, feeling 'less pregnant' last couple of days, so much so I might get another test when I pop out later. Feel like I'm over thinking everything! Once you start going to prenatal classes & then once the babies here and you go classes you'll make lots of new baby friends smile

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 11:23:13

@Herewego2020 hahaha! grin
I've been up every night for a wee the past few weeks too!

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 11:26:15

@kstann take my advice do not watch anything with scary clowns hahaha

WelshCountryBumpkin Mon 09-Sep-19 11:27:42

Hi All! I am completely new to Mumsnet having found out yesterday that I am 4 weeks + 5. It's not a planned pregnancy so we're feeling pretty bewildered but it's definitely a pleasant surprise!

As it's such early days I have no idea what happens next, and how this level of 'adulting' works haha. My anxiety is already through the roof, mainly because I have no idea of what is 'normal' in pregnancy. Despite being 30 years old, I don't know many people with children so am flying a bit blind. I would love to share this journey with you all, and take onboard as many tips and guidance as possible!

Congratulations everyone, and fingers crossed it goes as smoothly as possible for all of us flowers

ladyk03 Mon 09-Sep-19 12:06:26

Hey yeah girls , just wondering if any of you have had any bleeding. I've had a bit with some cramps and rang my doctor and they said to ring EPU so I did and why said to run doctors. It's like I've just started to come on my period, red/brown but also not very heavy but not just spotting. I'm 5 weeks currently x

KerryM1983 Mon 09-Sep-19 12:13:26

@WelshCountryBumpkin congratulations

Well I know last week I was feeling really anxious as felt like I'd lost all my symptoms. I woke up yesterday morning feeling fine and then all of a sudden absolutely out of nowhere had a massive wave of nausea. I was glued to the bathroom floor and the toilet.....it really was very unpleasant and don't know how I wasn't sick. I am assuming this is what morning sickness feels like? It just knocked me off course for the rest of the day. I've woke up this morning and have been ok. I'm not going to lie this then made me anxious as I thought it was continually once it started. This is all very new to me.

Dahliyah Mon 09-Sep-19 13:54:44

Sorry LadyK that you've got bleeding. I had some in my first pregnancy and ended up at the EPU at what was meant to be 6 weeks. Baby was measuring smaller with no heartbeat so I had to come back 10 days later when all was good. If your bleeding is light and pink or brown it's probably nothing to worry about.

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 14:23:33

@WelshCountryBumpkin Congratulations to you! Hopefully you can find some
Support amongst the rest of us over the coming months!

@ladyk03 I hope you manage to get seen today. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but best to be Sure. X

KerryM1983 Mon 09-Sep-19 14:37:05

@kstann How are you doing?

kstann Mon 09-Sep-19 16:15:21

@KerryM1983 hey, I'm okay thanks - have had that strange same feeling you mentioned of feeling "less pregnant". Just overthinking everything I think.

Then was out about this afternoon and kept getting waves on nausea. I've still not got much of an appetite either. How are you x

Shelbustotherescue Mon 09-Sep-19 18:40:18

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Unfortunately I'm in a bad place mentally, I am struggling to come to terms with everything but am trying to keep positive.

Symptoms are still looking good, and no bleeding, I'm just struggling to believe that this pregnancy will be a sticky one that lasts.

I've not gone past the point where I lost babies before so that's a good thing and I thought once I'd past that, I'd be okay but it's still lurking

I have my scan on Thursday, wish I could be excited but right now my anxiety is through the roof.

sad

TheLionAndTheRose Mon 09-Sep-19 18:59:08

Hello! Can I join please? Got my BFP yesterday and due 14th May I think. Feeling ok physically but very anxious. Congrats to you all x

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:21:32

@ladyk03 try not to worry I had some bleeding with my 2nd.. he is now 9 years old!

@Shelbustotherescue I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I've miscarried in past and very anxious too and keep worrying. Partner keeps saying "be positive and dont bad things into existence". I hope scan goes well. I wish I could have one. I'm seeing midwife 24th where I will be 7 weeks

@TheLionAndTheRose welcome and congrats.. we are due the same day 🥰

Herewego2020 Mon 09-Sep-19 19:22:14

*think ^

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 09:34:39

@Shelbustotherescue Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Just think only 2 more days til your scan. I recommended this to one of the other girls (I know it's not everyone's thing) but on Instagram Kghypnobirthing - has posts with positive affirmations! I find they can sometimes help.
I have an early scan booked for Monday!x haven't heard from my midwife yet for my booking in appt. xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 09:36:05

Has anyone else been having lots of dreams? I've had really vivid dreams and disturbed sleep since Being pregnant?!

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 09:52:50

@Shelbustotherescue I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you. I'm not surprised your MH is suffering as a consequence - do you have any coping mechanisms you can put in place to help you until the scan?

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 10:00:07

@kstann Yes! They are such dark dreams for me! I'm struggling to sleep at all at the moment tbh, and that combined with my lack of appetite has turned me into a total grump haha.

We told a couple of friends yesterday, I told my best friend as she's a fantastic support. My OH was having a freak out moment yesterday (unsurprising really - it's all been a bit of a shock!) so I encouraged him to speak to his friend. He came back full of excitement, and actually started googling baby names last night. I'm trying to slow it down a bit because it's such early days, but it's hard not to get caught up in it all! We're on holiday in 2 weeks and have decided to wait to tell anyone else until we're back from that as I'll be around 8/9 weeks then.

Is anyone else clueless about what happens with the nhs etc. now? I registered with my doctor yesterday (have only just moved house!), and go signed up to the midwife list (apparently she'll call in the next 2.5 weeks) so I guess now I just wait to hear...

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:02:00

@kstann yesssss my dreams are waking me up and keeping me up! I dreamt again about that bloody clown from IT last night and I had to go check my oldest in bed🙈 my youngest made me a dream catcher at school but I feel I need to buy a 100 more lol

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:04:54

@WelshCountryBumpkin my dreams are very dark too considering its that clown from IT, I never struggle with horrors previous to this pregnancy lol I'm going to stick with disney movies for now lol. I'm struggling to sleep and I'm not really eating either.
I've booked my first appointment with midwife where I will be 7 weeks, they told me like usually first see you from 6 weeks 🙂

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 10:23:51

@Herewego2020 Woah! I am grateful I've only ever had a diet of Disney however it didn't stop me from dreaming that I'd turned into a murderer and was carrying bodies around in the boot of my car. That was dark to a whole other level!

KerryM1983 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:34:33

Hi all. Has anyone had a day of morning sickness and then nothing since? Some days I just can't tell I'm even pregnant, it's so worrying.

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:39:59

@WelshCountryBumpkin I choked on my tea reading that 😂. Well at least you are the perpetrator, I'm the victim of a clown at present.

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:41:14

@KerryM1983 I've had no sickness yet but I keep pressing my breasts to make sure they still hurt 🙈

KerryM1983 Tue 10-Sep-19 10:43:43

@Herewego2020 that's exactly what I keep doing!! I've literally just had the one day of really bad nausea to the point I thought I was going to be sick but nothing since at all. You just don't know if it's normal or not.

WelshCountryBumpkin Tue 10-Sep-19 11:03:00

@Herewego2020 hahaha! I'm not sure what is worse - I'm still struggling with guilt from the dream! Hopefully a dose of bake off tonight will have me dreaming about something frivolous like bakewell tarts.

As for the boobs - they are enormous. I'm in awe, but also can't exactly appreciate them because of the soreness.

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:04:08

@WelshCountryBumpkin

That's exactly how mine have been! I just want a full nights sleep. Maybe it's preparing us for what's to come! Haha. But I'm all seriousness I'm usually a fantastic sleeper so it's out of character!

My appetite has gone too, I know I need nourishing food for the baby but I also gagged on my smoothie yesterday 😂 lol.

I had my doctors appt nearly 2 weeks ago and did referral paperwork for the midwife but I've still not heard from her. The paper work says if I've not heard and approaching 10 weeks then to contact her- so I'll just leave it for now and call in a few weeks if I've not heard.
We've told our families and I've told my best friend smile xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:06:30

@Herewego2020 haha! I can just see a room covered in hundreds of dream catchers! Haha. Mine aren't nightmares but they are so vidid and feel like im awake half the night x

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:08:40

@KerryM1983 for the past few days I've been getting waves on nausea where I gag but I know I'm not going to be sick. On and off. X

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:19:55

@WelshCountryBumpkin I LOVE the great British bake off and nothing like Noel's shirts to cheer me up lol.

@KerryM1983 honestly I'm the same I worry constantly about suddenly feeling okay. Apparently some people gag from brushing teeth but that's not happened with me.
@kstann well I definitely like the idea of a room full of dream catchers over red balloons right now Haha

I'm preparing to tell my mum with a 'your going to be a grandma' (again) reveal card so hopefully the shock is kinder to her

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:25:20

Hi ladies! Congratulations to all of you and fingers crossed 🤞 for healthy pregnancies to you all.

I just found this thread and wanted to hop in! I’m currently 4+6 and feeling all the anxieties I’ve read in everyone’s comments!

We were TTC for just over a year and we were about to start fertility investigations. This is my first ever pregnancy.

I think I had become resigned to us but being able to conceive and so I’m suddenly feeling a bit over whelmed now it’s actually happened! We’re both obviously so happy but terrified at the same time!

I have had a lot of cramping and bloating! I’ve been assured it’s all normal but my goodness it’s uncomfortable!

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:37:59

May I tentatively join? I had my BFP on a FRER yesterday and a digi + 1-2weeks today! I'm not actually due af til Saturday. (But I do have slightly shorter than normal cycles! 24-26days) x

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:38:10

@Muddypaws12

Aww huge congratulations to you!thanks Seems like we all feel similar which is good to know we aren't alone!
I had a lot of cramps and bloating too. I am now 6+2 and the cramps seem to have subsided x

Herewego2020 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:40:45

@Muddypaws12 and @Alice8688 congratulations 💐🌟 and welcome. I think having others to talk to with similar feelings and anxieties is really helpful. Helping me anyway 🙂

Alice8688 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:42:07

Aw thanks guys! I'm so nervous. It's #3 for me. But my husband's first. So he's suitably excited too!

It definitely helps to have a place to chat. Thank you xx

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 11:43:14

@Alice8688 Congratulations to you! smile
It's lovely having people to chat to who are going through the same stages!
I'm currently sat on the sofa watching Emma Willis delivering babies 😂

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:51:39

@kstann
That’s reassuring to hear it has passed! I’m currently on the mint tea and Gavisgon diet 😂

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:55:08

I’m just in the process of registering at my local GP once done I will then inform them and begin the process.

We’ve booked an 8 week private early scan, the nature of my work is quite risky so I’d like the confidence to actually tell a few people rather than having to continue subtly dodging certain things.

Did everyone inform their GPs immediately?

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 11:56:50

Congratulations to all the new joiners

I am with you all with the symptoms, I keep getting waves of feeling sick, boobs are still agony, lost my appetite and could quite happily sleep all day but struggling at night.

Just need to get through today and tomorrow and then it's scan day, my apt is at 9.30 so I'll come back and update you, hopefully I'll be able to have a picture so I can share that with you all smile

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 11:59:01

@Shelbustotherescue

Do you mind me asking where you are in your pregnancy? I’m sure I read it but there was a lot to catch up on 🤣

kstann Tue 10-Sep-19 12:04:30

@Muddypaws12

I got an appt with my doctor 3 days after I found out. He just went through some questions, done BP, checked I was taking supplement and went through foods to avoid x

@Shelbustotherescue
We will be thinking of you come Thursday 🥰

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 12:44:42

@Muddypaws12 I am 5 weeks 4 days, so will be 5+6 on Thursday for my scan smile

Muddypaws12 Tue 10-Sep-19 14:15:37

@Shelbustotherescue 🤞🤞 for your scan!!

Shelbustotherescue Tue 10-Sep-19 14:23:41

Thank you, I'm feeling a little excited today !

StarWanderer Tue 10-Sep-19 14:29:44

Hello! Please may I join? Got a scan on Friday, so hoping I'll be 7 weeks then.
Struggling with morning sickness which is all.day.long! Anyone else?

Namechangeymcnamechange11 Tue 10-Sep-19 15:17:44

Hello, can I join please?
I am 4+6 with my second. Excited but can't help feeling like I'm waiting for something to go wrong??? Anyone else? I hadn't discovered MN when I had my first, so lived in blissful ignorance about what could go wrong 🙄
I had morning sickness last week when I found out, and a bit the week before 🤷 but it seems to have eased recently.
No concerning signs though, so I must just be being paranoid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »