Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seabands - do they really work for morning sickness?

(11 Posts)
PinkMartini Tue 07-Aug-07 12:36:13

I'm not sure. Feel bloody silly wearing em.

I am still feeling really rough round the
edges.

Don't really feel like eating (though know I should) so constantly forcing things down neck and trying not to retch.

(am only 7+2 or something, so another month of this at least isn't it?)

Any more tips to help with it?

Holymoly321 Tue 07-Aug-07 12:53:16

PM, I had really horrible MS until around 21 weeks - was often actually sick. I got the seabands and they did seem to help - had to get over the fact that I looked like I should be playing tennis as they look like sweatbands! Not sure if it was just psychological, but I would really recommend them. Hope you feel better soon

dinny Tue 07-Aug-07 12:56:21

PM - they helped me too.

also the things that helped me most were:

cherryade, citrus ice lollies from M&S, sometimes Polos.

ooh, it is not nice, hope it doesn't stay too long!

scorpio1 Tue 07-Aug-07 12:57:20

dont worry too much about forcing yourself to eat but obviously do eat, iyswim.

try peppermints or peppermint tea, lots of water, etc.

Ginger anything.

preggypops (google them)

ktmoomoo Tue 07-Aug-07 12:57:52

they helped me alot xx

ThursdayNext Tue 07-Aug-07 13:03:48

Don't work for me.
But I do get serious morning sickness, maybe they help if it's not so bad.
I eat whatever I can, which is not much. I don't worry about whether it's healthy or not, I normally eat quite well but in early pregnancy I eat rubbish.
Eating little and often seems to work best for most people.
It might get worse before it gets better. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that.

LilRedWG Tue 07-Aug-07 13:18:48

Sorry, didn't help me at all! Nothing really helped me though

preggersagain Tue 07-Aug-07 13:23:06

they work for me- but the only problem is i'm wondering when it'll be safe to take them off!

dinny Tue 07-Aug-07 13:23:49

should add - mine worked in that they sometimes stopped me actually being sick but didn't make the sick feeling go away

Caz10 Tue 07-Aug-07 13:28:50

Agree with dinny - still felt sick a bit but then didn't throw up - got to be be a bit better at least!!

ejt1764 Tue 07-Aug-07 13:29:41

They didn't work for me - but when I saw an acupuncturist she said that it's because the acupuncture point is hidden underneath the veins in my wrists!

I was signed off with hyperemesis in this pg (am now 32 weeks, and stopped being sick regularly about 3 weeks ago), and what helped me was:

- taking tiny tiny sips of water every few minutes,
- sucking mints
- eating little bites of carb-rich foods - potatoes / pasta / bread regularly
- avoidinggoing near the kitchen until my body had settled down (at my worst, I couldn't go into the kitchen without throwing up.
- fresh air
- acupunture (I had it 3 times a week when at my worst - luckily the acupuncturist took pity on me and did me a special rate!)
- homeopathy also helped.

Good luck - it does pass, even though it seems to last for ever ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now