Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 wks and have flu - going out of my mind!

(7 Posts)
Leytonmum Tue 07-Aug-07 09:55:27

Hi,

I'm 19 wks pregnant with my second baby and have had the flu for a week now. I just don't seem to be getting better very quickly. My DD is nearly 2 and I just don't have any energy to play and chat with her. Have had to get help from my Mum, DH and have had to book her in to nursery for extra time. Feel so guilty that I can't seem to do anything, even walking round the block completely wipes me out. Anyone else had flu while pregnant?? Does it take a long time to go?? Can I do anything to speed it up?? Feeling really miserable and useless so any advice/support v. welcome!

expatinscotland Tue 07-Aug-07 09:56:48

I doubt it's really flu. It's not flu season for one. And if you had influenza, you wouldn't be able to get out of bed for the fever and muscle aches. Flu is a serious respiratory virus.

You could have a sinus infection or sinusitis.

I'd see the doctor.

Leytonmum Tue 07-Aug-07 10:07:19

Thanks but I think it is the flu. I have been in bed from last Tuesday until yesterday with fever, muscle aches, coughing, etc. Saw doctor and he said it's the flu or a similar virus. Thought was feeling better yesterday so said I would be able to look after DD on my own but after an hour, had to go and lie on the sofa, and some friends came and helped out.

expatinscotland Tue 07-Aug-07 10:08:40

That's odd. It's not flu season. A nasal swab can tell if it's a strain of influenza or another virus.

Hope you feel better soon.

Leytonmum Tue 07-Aug-07 10:49:39

Thanks, anyone else got any advice for getting over it quickly?? Feeling pretty low and missing DD..!

expatinscotland Tue 07-Aug-07 10:51:44

If it's viral it will just have to run its course.

There's nothing that can really be done about most viruses after the first couple of days following onset of symptoms.

Just take paracetemol and get lots of fluids.

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 07-Aug-07 11:01:05

no advice just lots of sympathy and remember this is what cbeebies is for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now