Talk

Advanced search

April 2020 Babies - Thread 2!

(374 Posts)
LokiCat Wed 28-Aug-19 19:01:48

Hey all!

Looks like we filled up the first thread pretty fast! Took me a while to realise why I couldn't send a message.

This is the first thread I've ever created, so hopefully I've done it right.

I'm going to tag the most recent users that commented, so sorry for a lot of the people that I miss. Hopefully everyone will find this.

@ellarosee
@Sunshine8888
@PrincessConsuela12
@Nikkinoodle84
@Nebulae1981
@Harriettenightingale
@morgan158
@PurpleViolin
@poopatroop
@ruthsoph
@eskimod
@Sorbfsiabs

Previous thread - https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3640572-April-2020-Babies?pg=1&order=

Happy 9 months to us all (or most likely less now!!) and congratulations to everyone new joining 💕gringrin

LokiCat Wed 28-Aug-19 19:06:19

@ellarosee thanks lovely! I had some brown spotting over the weekend so felt slightly anxious then, but it's stopped now and I'm a lot better. Also I've gone further than I did the first time so that has made it a little easier.
I will do! I have no idea what to expect! I was going to ask DH but have heard from others that they generally get quite bored, so I'd rather he save his time off for actual scans 😊 I hope the next flies by till your appointment! Will you be taking anyone?

It does! My 12 week scan is on 16th October and that feels like an age away. Time is already moving so slowly and I'm not even fully 6 weeks yet!! Have you got your scan appointment through?
Sorry to hear you've been feeling anxious. Hopefully the early scan will be a good reassurance 💕

2ndtimelucky90 Wed 28-Aug-19 19:18:29

Hi Ladies,

My anxiety has gotten the better of me! 😩After worrying and crying for past few days of history repeating itself (and scaring the bejesus out of DH)i phoned epu this morning and they are going to scan me on friday morning.

Unfortunately DH cant get out of work for it so my mums coming with me. It is the same epu that diagnosed my mc back in march so im so nervous!

I will be 8+1...say prayers please xxx

PrincessConsuela12 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:08:49

@LokiCat Thank you for getting a new thread started 😊

@2ndtimelucky90 Wishing you lots of luck 🤞🏽💐

LokiCat Wed 28-Aug-19 20:11:52

@2ndtimelucky90 wishing you lots and lots of luck for Friday. Hopefully all will okay 💕

@PrincessConsuela12 how are you doing lovely? How far along are you now?

MrsG3 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:18:13

Can I tag along again please? 😀

uor24 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:26:09

Another group already! There's loads of us now 😀

LokiCat Wed 28-Aug-19 20:32:25

Of course!! grin

@MrsG3 @uor24 sorry if I missed you from the previous thread! There were so many people 🙈

Sunshine8888 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:37:24

Hello, re-joining also! @LokiCat I think my 12 week scan should be around the same time as yours. It seems a long time to wait! I wish I could just relax and try to enjoy it but it’s a nerve wracking time!

2ndtimelucky90 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:54:52

Thank u @PrincessConsuela12 @LokiCat 💐 x

PurpleViolin Wed 28-Aug-19 21:23:30

@2ndtimelucky90 fingers crossed for you x

Thanks for new thread @LokiCat

PurpleViolin Wed 28-Aug-19 21:27:50

Posted this on a separate thread not sure if anyone on here would know the answer so asking here too -

I've been told I'll be under a consultant for my pregnancy. Many previous complex preg problems and losses. Just wondering when that usually is? How often and what their involvement is compared to mw?

PrincessConsuela12 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:09:56

@LokiCat Well I thought I was 5 weeks today but after my early scan yesterday I think I'm closer to 4 weeks. Got my repeat bloods tomorrow to make sure my levels are rising as all they could see was a 2mm dot... started spotting a little today which is stressing me out 😩
How are things with you? Xx

CEM29 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:10:16

Had USS today actually bit further on than I though 9 weeks. Seeing wee heartbeat and wiggling away has made me just relax to know wee one is viable and in utero. Best £30! Thoroughly recommend and on a high, for the first time daring to think of everything going to plan...

Marmite83 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:51:16

@PurpleViolin I was consultant led with my last pregnancy. I think it started at about 16 weeks and I had an appointment every 4 weeks from then. Once I reached 28 weeks, I had s scan every 4 weeks. I'd imagine it's different for everyone though. Mine was primarily due to a suspected bicornate uterus. Midwife appts were as usual for everyone so the consultant appts were additional.

Amelialolz Wed 28-Aug-19 22:51:54

Have been reading the other thread all week! I’m 5+4 today and feeling great. Lots of the same symptoms you have all been having. Was worried about the cramping at first but now I know it’s normal I feel much better it also seems to have gone away.
I’ve been researching where I can get a private early scan but in London they all cost a small fortune. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get one at a decent price in London?
I want it at 8 weeks just to give me some peace of mind. So happy this group is here and there are others going through the same thing. smile

Islandermum Wed 28-Aug-19 23:44:59

Hi ladies! Joining again ☺️ so exciting how many of us there are. I'm 9 weeks 4 days today. Still unwell but getting maybe a bit better, so exhausted! Start back at work on Monday so I'm hoping things are getting better now.
Got a 10 week scan on Monday so I can't wait to share a picture with you all of everything goes to plan!

PurpleViolin Thu 29-Aug-19 04:37:20

Thanks @Marmite83

@Islandermum hope work goes well

Blackjeep Thu 29-Aug-19 07:16:46

Hey ladies, I was following the other thread too so just wanting to join in again. Pregnancy is such an anxious time for me and it’s great to hear how others are getting on. Getting a scan this weekend so hopefully it will show a healthy 9 week heartbeat!

poopatroop Thu 29-Aug-19 07:37:28

I've already signed up for NCT classes in March next year (I'm 5w+4) - is that completely ridiculous?! I just didn't want it to get full and thought best to sign up and then forget about it 🙈

Anyone else doing things like this that should probably wait until later down the line?

LokiCat Thu 29-Aug-19 07:41:30

Morning all!

@Sunshine8888 it is really far away! I'm thinking I'll probably book an early scan for mid September.
Has your spotting stopped?

@PrincessConsuela12 ah sorry, I know how anxious this time can be! Fingers crossed your bloods go well today, good luck!!
I've been quite worried about an mmc.. I had brown spotting over the weekend which has stopped but I've not been getting any other symptoms other than sore boobs! Got my booking in appointment tomorrow, so hopefully talking with the midwife will make me feel less nervous!

@CEM29 ahh how exciting!! Congrats! It must have been so lovely seeing a heartbeat. I'm definitely going to book one.

@Amelialolz I've seen some on Groupon for between £30-40. Everything's so expensive in London unfortunately!
I'm not sure whereabouts in London you are, but I'm most likely going to book here - https://www.baby-scan.co.uk/clinics/croydon-clinic/croydon-early-pregnancy-offers/ (it's £49). My friend recommended it to me.

@Islandermum Hey! Wow almost 10 weeks, how exciting! Enjoy your last few days off before you start work again. Also good luck for your scan on Monday, can't wait to see the photo.

@Blackjeep It really is such a worrying time. I hate not knowing what's happening inside! 🙈
Good luck for your scan this weekend - fingers crossed you get to see the heartbeat 😊

I'm 6 weeks today! Hoping some other symptoms will start kicking in soon.
Have a lovely day all smile 💕

Sunshine8888 Thu 29-Aug-19 08:15:31

@LokiCat I wish I had my booking appointment! I haven’t even managed to contact the midwife yet and I’m exactly the same as you - 6 weeks today! I keep having these horrible feelings I’m not really pregnant and I’m having to force myself not to take more pregnancy tests every morning. I’m also feeling wiped out the last two days, both physically and emotionally. Just feel so overwhelmed! Can’t focus on my work and getting really behind. Is anyone else feeling like this? 😬

CassandrasCastle Thu 29-Aug-19 08:24:34

Hello! Please may I join? grin I'm 7 weeks tomorrow! (So I should be saying 6+6, right...?) This is my first, and very much unexpected baby, so I feel that I do not have a CLUE what I'm doing. I was on the contraceptive injection when I got pregnant, so it was obviously a massive shock to my bf and me - we're slowly adjusting, and have so much love for each other - which I'm very glad of, because I'm afraid my parents are currently totally unsupportive; they are v religious, think I'm immoral, and don't want to speak to me right now - I'm worried about what effect this stress is having on the tadpole inside; and I also just want my Mum! I want her to tell me what to do! (I am 28...sigh)

Anyway, sorry for the massive post. This thread is great, and congrats to everyone. My EDD is 15th April, same birthday as my nephew smile (Whose parents also think I am immoral - what a great family eh. But I actually love them very much and they love me 'despite everything')

I'm writing this at work, feeling a bit sick and I just want to be stretched out in bed tbh. Otherwise I have been pretty symptom free so far, bar tiredness, so that's a relief

CassandrasCastle Thu 29-Aug-19 08:27:12

Just feel so overwhelmed! Can’t focus on my work and getting really behind. Is anyone else feeling like this?

YES! It is so overwhelming, I mean you are basically taking on a new identity suddenly as a mother, it's a massive life event. I don't want to be at work right now, ha. I just want to be pottering about at home trying to take in the enormity. Oh and I really need to get this booking in appointment thing sorted - I've been putting off ringing the GP for some reason confused

Sunshine8888 Thu 29-Aug-19 08:35:32

I mean I know it sounds ridiculous ... but would I know if I’d miscarried at 6 weeks? I just can’t feel excited because I’m so anxious

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »