Talk

Advanced search

Speed Boats? Are they OK?

(6 Posts)
hfl Mon 06-Aug-07 20:42:58

Am thinking of going to the Maldives but the place where I want to stay is transfer by speed boat. Is it safe? Or is it like a roller coaster and should avoid it??

funnypeculiar Mon 06-Aug-07 20:46:48

ohhh, now, our maldives transfer was lovely - think they technically called it a speed boat, but twasn't very speedy . As I remember few 'bumpy' bits, but nothing much.

Prob depends where your idland is (ie will you mostly be in the protected sea between islands or out somewhere more open) plus how big the boat is (ours was the biggest of the maldives islands, so transfer boat was actually quite big)

How pg will you be - unless I'm very wrong, can't imagine that a few bumps would dislodge a baby (feel free to tell me I'm wrong)

Many of the islands will do tranfer by seaplane for a fee...

funnypeculiar Mon 06-Aug-07 20:47:44

~PS Maldives is luuurrrverly - one of our best holidays ever (although we dive a lot, which I wouldnt imagine you'll be doing )

hfl Mon 06-Aug-07 20:51:21

ironically i got my padi open water earlier this year... not going to be doing that now

dinny Mon 06-Aug-07 20:52:26

speedboats aren't like roller-coasters, it'll be fine! esp in the Maldives, no choppy waves to worry about

funnypeculiar Mon 06-Aug-07 20:54:08

you can see so much snorkling, tbh, I wouldn't worry. Ask to be taken to some of the dive sites to snorkle, if you can
Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now