Talk

Advanced search

Help...how do you hide symptoms?

(11 Posts)
PinkMartini Sun 05-Aug-07 19:56:14

I am 7 weeks pg and feeling really tired and sick a lot of the time. I haven't been sick since last week but I do feel really grotty and just want to sleep all the time.

I have my sil staying this week and don't want her to guess until we're ready to tell everyone, our parents etc at 12 wks.

How can I best 'hide" things?

any advice gratefully rcvd.
tia

PurpleLostPrincess Sun 05-Aug-07 20:05:50

You could say you think you've got a bug or something but that means you'll have to keep your distance as she might worry about catching it!

Are you in regular contact with her? You could lie and say you've had lots on at work that has tired you out... Either that or blame the warm weather and say you haven't been sleeping very well?

PurpleLostPrincess Sun 05-Aug-07 20:06:31

Congrats btw!!! xx

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Sun 05-Aug-07 20:06:42

Hiya!

Hard to hide it tbh...especially when in close proximity to people.....could pretend you are anaemic or something??

Tips for the sickness though:

Crackers - keep some beside your bed and have a nibble when you first wake up - keeping the tummy lined helps stop the sickness

Eat little but often - as repellant as the idea of eating is, it does help! Honestly!

Travel sickness bands - excellent!

Ginger Biscuits

Listen to your body - eat when hungry and sleep when tired - its the best thing...

It will pass though

flashfinn Sun 05-Aug-07 20:06:55

inner ear infection makes you dizzy and sick.

MrsScavo Sun 05-Aug-07 20:10:27

Pretend to take Peptomismol - it fooled my boss

PinkMartini Sun 05-Aug-07 20:10:30

Hi Crookshanks!
Anaemia - you're a genius.
Am already wearing seabands which she noticed, luckily, she knows I have acupuncture so I said my acupuncturist suggeste that I wear them to keep things aligned (what bollocks LOL)

Will "have appt" with doc tomorrow or Tues and then announce diagnosis! SIL is younger than us and still a little self-involved (in a nice way) so hopefully she won't think twice about it. Just hope she doesn't mention it to MIL who is a lot sharper and will prob guess.

Inner ear is a good one too.
I think I'll have to use one of these.
Much appreciated all.

CrookshanksinJimmyChoos Sun 05-Aug-07 20:13:49

Am pmsl at you turning into a walking medical dictionary of symptoms though to hide PG

Or....<wicked grin> you could be really inventive and shocking......tell her you have syphillis and it makes you tired...she may decide not to come at all for fear of catching something from the loo seat!! Roffle!!

Caz10 Sun 05-Aug-07 20:27:10

You can't use it constantly but if you're feeling rough you can always say you are hungover! I said that and also said I had a dodgy tum a few times...mention the runs and you'll be surprised how quickly people stop asking! Covers for when you need to run to the loo and throw up too!!

Caz10 Sun 05-Aug-07 20:27:10

You can't use it constantly but if you're feeling rough you can always say you are hungover! I said that and also said I had a dodgy tum a few times...mention the runs and you'll be surprised how quickly people stop asking! Covers for when you need to run to the loo and throw up too!!

mslucy Sun 05-Aug-07 20:29:54

the shits.

no one ever wants to know more.

or say you think you've got an ulcer from stress - explains why you're not drinking, stopping smoking (if you smoked) and general retching.

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now