Talk

Advanced search

OK.... Who Is Just TOOOOOOOO Hot!!!

(56 Posts)
JARM Sun 05-Aug-07 12:08:59

I cant cool down.

Had to go and buy 2 pedestal fans today.

Am sat with one blowing straight on me.

The minute I move, I melt.

Tell me this heatwave will soon be over!!!

A grumpy fed up JARM - 23+6

pucca Sun 05-Aug-07 12:13:35

Ah i remember vividly last summer, i was due in Aug and having to get through the July heatwave...horrific!

JARM Sun 05-Aug-07 12:16:23

You would think i would learn not to get pg over the summer.... DD1 born end of July 04, DD2 was OCtober 05 and now this one due November.

Im never having any more - ever!

RGPargy Sun 05-Aug-07 12:19:26

I feel your pain JARM!!! I'm 23+5 and also melt whenever i move away from the breezey chair i am sitting on. We dont have a fan tho - may have to get one!

i have to go to Asda shortly and i'm DREADING it as it means getting into my oven-like car with the boiling hot steering wheel and gear stick. Ugh!!

what's worse is that i cant go out in my shorts (fat legs) and will have to put trousers on!

pucca Sun 05-Aug-07 12:19:36

Aw bless you JARM, just keep having cool washes, cold water on the back of your neck and wrists really helps, oh and a luke warm/cool bath later, thats what i did! it is hell.

JARM Sun 05-Aug-07 12:20:55

RGP - same here - did asda at 10am and the car was hell.

trousers came off as soon as i got home, just cant bear the heat - 30degrees ffs - someone up there has it in for us!

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 13:21:35

I know what you mean. It's sooo hot and we're only gonna get bigger and hotter!
I'm 31+5 at the mo with bad SPD so can hardly move and feeling sorry for myself!!!
I might get in the paddling pool later, trouble is if i get in all the water would get out(lol)!!!

Ive just sent my dp to get me some cherry slush puppies from the shop as they are my craving lately so they should help too. The lady that works there knows what he's gone in for before he even speaks as i've been having so many of them!!!!

Does anyone know how long this weather's s'posed to last?

Jbck Sun 05-Aug-07 13:30:44

All come visit me in rainy Scotland & you'll be better off. Admittedly it's not actually cold at all but I'm not needing a fan right now.

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 13:36:41

me me me!! I am 26 weeks and far too hot!! My cousin texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the lakes with the kids with him and his girlfriend, but its too hot for me out there

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 13:38:33

Jbck, That sounds like a good idea but it might take a while to get to yours from Somerset!!!

Is it really raining there then?

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 13:41:37

Sparklygothkat, I don't blame you for not wanting to go to the lakes, mind you, you could go for a swim to cool down!!

Do you find you get dizzy if you're in the sun too long?

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 13:44:19

yes, I get so dizzy and feel sick. I rememeber fainting when I was pregnant with DS in 1997 and it was hot then.

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 13:47:16

We were going to go to the seaside today, but when DH heard the weather report and how hot it was going to be, he said 'no way' He doesn't want me fainting...

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 13:56:08

You just be careful, fainting's not good.
Thankfully i haven't done that yet(touch wood!)

I definately think we're better off staying in today, don't you?

What date is your LO due and do you know what you're having?

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 13:58:59

Am due the 9th nov, and its a boy. I am staying in, much to the disgust of the kids who are bored!!

RGPargy Sun 05-Aug-07 14:01:40

I decided not to bother with Asda. Going to go tomorrow night instead. It's all i could do to psych myself up to get the washing in just now. thankfully my wonderful DP brought me two ice poles that i forgot were in the freezer. Think they'll be my salvation in this heat!

I was really enjoying the weather recently - warm but not hot and no rain - perfect!!

I just sooooo cant be bothered to do anything. so much for me tidying up the house. I cant move in this heat!!

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 14:19:23

Sparklygothkat, Ahh, that's nice, little boys are great, they're so loving. I had a little boy on oct 13th last year and am expecting a little girl on oct 2nd this year. I already have a DD who's 8 and a DS who's 6. What do you have already?

RGPargy, hope the ice poles have made you feel better. The warm weather was just right wasn't it. In England we seem to get floods or heatwaves. You wait, next week we'll have blizzards!!!

FluffyMummy123 Sun 05-Aug-07 14:19:54

Message withdrawn

WanderingTrelawney Sun 05-Aug-07 14:21:51

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 14:50:58

I have a DS, who is 9, and 2 Dds who are 7 and 5. I am glad this one is a boy, it makes a made set!!

sparklygothkat Sun 05-Aug-07 14:51:35

made=matching.. sorry my typing is terrible

BooWidger Sun 05-Aug-07 14:58:42

I am 39+4 and was loving the rain! Have given up trying to do anything in this heat, have put DD down for a nap and am lying in bed with the industrial sized fan pointed right at me. If this weather stays then the hospital is going to be an unpleasant experience!!

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 14:59:43

I'm the same. 2 boys and 2 girls.
Will you have any more? This is definately my last!
It's hard to keep them occupied when you're pg tho isn't it.
Mine want to go to the park all the time but i can hardly walk.
The best thing i bought all year was a 10ft swimming pool from Argos for £30. At the mo they're quite happpy in that.

Nbg Sun 05-Aug-07 15:00:51

Its sucks
I hate it

Roll on autumn and crap weather.
Its been so lovely how I've managed to have all my children in the hottest summers

kiansmum Sun 05-Aug-07 15:03:14

BooWidger, Just think your LO will soon be here.
How long will you stay in hospital? I agree, hospital is not the best place to be when it's hot and experiencing labour is definately not gonna be fun when it's hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now