Talk

Advanced search

Clexane after miscarriages

(6 Posts)
cefer Sat 04-Aug-07 20:07:20

Hi, I am new here. This is my first ever post. Apologies if I have put this post in the wrong place!

I am a mum to a wonderful three year old daughter and I have had three mc's in less than a year. Two pgs were lost at 4+5 and the last was at 8+4. On the last one, the pg never developed past a 5/6 week pg and never saw a h/b. I had all the tests done and there are no genetic problems or clotting problems. My consultant decided that I should be on clexane when I get pg again, as he has found it has had good results even for women who have recurrent mc and have no clotting problem

After a years break I am pg again and have been on Clexane for about 4 days now. I have no idea how far into this pg I am. I had a month long period last month, so have no idea what my cycle was doing. All I know is conception can only have happened after the 7th July!!!

Anyway I had a pos hpt on 26th July and a Bhcg of 13 on the same day...levels went up every 48 hrs to 53,108,228,605..am due another on Monday. Started Clexane on the day my levels went to 108. I am also on progesterone pessaries.

I do feel positive about this pg, and I am trying very hard to remain very focussed on the positivity of this situtaion..I know I am doing the best I can and I know I am very grateful for this treatment. Still there are moments when the worry takes over!..... I would really like to hear from other women who have been on clexane or who are taking it right now who can share some positive stories...I would really appreciate it.

Feedmenow Sat 04-Aug-07 20:20:28

Hi cefer. I don't know anything about it myself, but wanted to wish you luck! You will also find a thread for pg after mc which is great for support (I am there, along with lots of other wonderful ladies )
As for the clexane, I'm sure someone knowledgable will be along to help you out in no time....

cefer Sat 04-Aug-07 20:27:08

Hi, how do I find that thread? Sorry to sound dumb but I have no idea where to look for stuff on this site

cefer Sat 04-Aug-07 20:41:28

I have no idea where to find it!..All I am able to find is old messages from 2003!!! Can anyone point me to a thread that will be able to help...please?

Jossiejump Sat 04-Aug-07 21:26:25

Hi
There are quite a few Clexane threads on here as well-if you go into search for messages, type in Clexane and select Pregnancy as your search topic.Hope this helps

oinker Sun 05-Aug-07 17:52:51

Been there got the T-SHIRT.........

Sorry if I sound flippant hun...

It's just that I have been there and really feel for you..

You have to be guided by your docs.

I have had 5m/c no live births and am now (found out today) on 6th p/g..

Last tow pregnancy were on clexane/heparin baby aspirin....it didn't work for me

From the mouth of prof Reagan.... Progesterone not worth while...not proven to work.... I did progesterone too b 4 conceiving it bloody well acted as birth control...She told me to stop and VOILA i got pregnant... (though I m/c'd later)

I f we are honest to ourselves.. we will try anything and they generally know best...

I will now bestarting on baby aspirin and steroids...

Like you have had all tests and loads of prodding and investigations and nothing!!!!!

GOOD LUCK...

HUGS.............xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now