Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I take Andrews Salts when 7wks pregnant? my belly is going to explode :(

(4 Posts)
papaya Sat 04-Aug-07 19:06:36

I am sooooo bloated its untrue I was constipated, then yesterday I had diarea and sickness and today my belly is so sore and bloated, I have had this before and a glass (or two) or andrews always sorts me out but can I take it when pregnant??

tia

papaya Sat 04-Aug-07 19:07:12

it says to ask your doctor on the label?

DaisyMOO Sat 04-Aug-07 19:13:40

There's nothing in them which would be harmful afaik, but I'm not sure they'd be the best thing as they're essentially an antacid and will create more gas - not what you want if you're bloated. I think they might also contain magnesium which can cause diarrhoea. You can get stuff specifically for bloating and trapped wind, I think Rennies do one - look for something containng dimethicone or simethicone, it's supposed to disperse gas and should be OK in pregnancy.

Bouquetsofdynomite Sat 04-Aug-07 19:46:39

Have you tried charcoal capsules? You can get them from healthfood shops and they're amazing. Can't imagine they could be harmful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now