Talk

Advanced search

TMI warning - itchy bum

(13 Posts)
hcopp Wed 14-Aug-19 22:16:23

Hi everyone - apologies for the level of TMI here... But does pregnancy cause an itchy bum? I'm not constipated, and there's no blood so I'm certain it's not piles, but my bum is just really, really itchy, especially in the evenings and at night. I'm 17 weeks.

What can I do?!

Yours, in embarrassment,
H.

snozzlemaid Wed 14-Aug-19 22:25:27

Sounds like threadworms. Do you have other dc that you could have got them from?

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Aug-19 22:28:00

Definitely sounds like you have thread worms. I don't think you can take the meds when pregnant but you will need to treat anybody else in the house and be really strict on hygiene.

hcopp Wed 14-Aug-19 22:30:07

No other dc, this is our first... I'll look up threadworms, thanks. Sounds joyful...! 😆

BizzzzyBee Wed 14-Aug-19 22:31:28

It could be internal piles. You don’t need visible lumps to have piles.

Justkeepleft Wed 14-Aug-19 22:33:10

You cannot use most otc things so Vaseline around the anus will help stop their cycle.keep doing that for a few days to stop them laying eggs and they should die off. Good luck. It sucks.

EarringsandLipstick Wed 14-Aug-19 22:33:28

Piles is most likely - you don't need to be able to see them or have blood.

Try an OTC medication first.

Threadworms much less likely.

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 23:04:59

I’m suffering also but I definitely don’t have worms. I think mine is down to constipation and I am praying I don’t get piles sad it’s awful and annoying isn’t it xx

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 14-Aug-19 23:06:27

Worms.

pallisers Wed 14-Aug-19 23:08:14

I had piles without bleeding when pregnant. I think piles is most likely

EarringsandLipstick Thu 15-Aug-19 07:17:54

Worms really unlikely if OP doesn't have small children or a pet that she has close contact with.

I'm nearly certain it'll be piles - so common in pregnancy, constipation can be a factor but even without that, the increase of progesterone when pregnant means that the walls of blood vessels relax making piles more likely.

VapeVamp12 Thu 15-Aug-19 10:36:45

Unless you have small children already or don't wash your hands after using the bathroom then threadworms are unlikely.

Not that I want to admit it but I have had the same but I think it's because I have been a bit constipated and it's irritated / trying to heal down there. I also started to use a baby wipe after going to bathroom because I thought maybe I wasn't clean enough.

MerryDeath Thu 15-Aug-19 20:54:54

You can have piles without blood or a bunch of grapes etc. I know cos I'm here searching for a cream recommendation blush I'm not constipated either just unfortunately pregnant! Didn't have any of these problems with no.1 sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »