Talk

Advanced search

Forgotten to take cyclogest during pregnancy

(6 Posts)
AR23 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:28:57

Hi, I’ve been told to insert a cyclogest pessary twice a day during pregnancy until week 15. I’m currently week 12, I remembered to put my morning pessary in but forgot my night one....

Has anyone else had days when they e forgotten to insert their pessaries, and if so has it impacted negatively in anyway?

sandytoes84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:48:23

I forgot all the time! I had to take 3 a day and would quite often trot off to work without them, or fall asleep so early that I missed them.

I was also taking something else I’ve forgotten the name of (some sort of hrt) and got completely confused with the instructions so all through ivf and until 12 weeks I was taking half the dosage!

I’m now 18 weeks pregnant, so it didn’t negatively impact, but I am sure it is best to try remember all the same - could you set an alarm on your phone or something to remind you?

Teddybear45 Wed 14-Aug-19 20:30:52

Have you not taken the second pessary at all then? If so suggest you contact the consultant who prescribed it to see if it has impacted you. Whether it affects the pregnancy negatively or not depends on the reason why you need it. Suggest taking it from now though.

AR23 Wed 14-Aug-19 20:55:49

So This was the first time I’ve missed one, I remembered to insert one yesterday morning, but forget the night one. I inserted one this morning and going back to my twice a day routine.... missed last night’s though

peasando Wed 14-Aug-19 21:13:11

I missed a couple this time round just with being in a rush to get everyone out to nursery, work etc in the mornings, didn't realise I'd missed them until I got to the office. Obviously not ideal but I just picked up as normal from the next dose - I'm 22 weeks now so (touch wood) it doesn't seem to have had any ill effects!

An alarm/reminder on your phone as pp suggested is a good idea though.

Teddybear45 Wed 14-Aug-19 21:43:33

Suggest you move the timing of the night one to one more convenient to you. In my case it was 6-7pm - would nip to the loo as I was going to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »