Talk

Advanced search

Tmi alert! But should I call.....?

(18 Posts)
Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:21:26

So I finally went to the toilet today thanks to my meds from the dr yesterday but I’m now worrying.
I’ve only just felt flutters and what I think is movement the last couple of days but since I went to the toilet this morning I’ve not felt it today.
I’m convinced the volume of poo I passed and how fast as well the baby may be harmed.

This is not a wind up post. I have worried all the way through my pregnancy so far. If you can’t post nice replies then please carry on scrolling. Shall I call the midwife and see what she says? I don’t want to feel like I’m wasting their time sad

YouMaySayImADreamer Wed 14-Aug-19 19:24:01

How many weeks are you starlight ?

Countrylifeornot Wed 14-Aug-19 19:24:41

How many weeks are you? Was there an established pattern of movements before the poonami?

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:24:56

I’m exactly 19 weeks today xx

Twitney Wed 14-Aug-19 19:26:04

call your midwife, they'd always rather you asked if you're worried.

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:26:27

@Countrylifeornot that’s hilarious! Poonami 🤣🤣 mainly when I’ve been sat down around this time at night. It’s like a gentle prod. I’ve only just started feeling it in the last couple or days but not today xx

Countrylifeornot Wed 14-Aug-19 19:29:57

Have a hot or cold drink and lay on your left side, not on your phone or watching TV, but just relaxing. You'll probably feel the baby moving about soon. If he normally wakes in the evening you're jumping the gun a little yet.
Just as reassurance I've had 2 horrific bouts of d&v during my pregnancy and all is still progressing well, honestly they are tough little buggers.

Mintypea5 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:31:26

If give them a call but you're also still early wrt movements. Baby could have moved into a position you can really feel.

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:31:48

I’m literally one big worrier! I’ll try the cold drink! Xx

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:32:17

Very true @Mintypea5 xx

YouMaySayImADreamer Wed 14-Aug-19 19:32:56

I'm sure I read that you should start monitoring movements from 24 weeks. Movements can be very sporadic in the beginning, even days can go by without really being sure that you've felt anything. I do understand your worry as I can be the same. I can't see that it would do any harm to call your midwife, he will probably give you some reassurance.

Starlight84 Wed 14-Aug-19 19:44:09

I will do my jobs and have a cold drink and if I’m still feeling anxious tomorrow I’ll call x

Inthesky42 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:01:30

Don't worry about movements until you're 24 weeks. Baby can move into all sorts of nooks and crannies right now meaning you can't feel them. You won't have harmed baby by doing a big poo x

Rudyroo Thu 15-Aug-19 16:48:33

I'm 19 weeks also with first baby and I only feel flutters sometimes, not every day. I think it's normal for them not to be regular feelings this early on. I'm sure everything is absolutely fine. 👍🏼

VapeVamp12 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:51:05

I think I felt my first movement at 19 ish weeks but not everyday - now that I'm 25 weeks I feel things every day, sometimes a lot and sometimes just a bit.

I think you should call MW to put your mind at rest

Ribenaberriesgowoo82 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:59:52

Maybe the flutters you felt before were just your bowels struggling to move things along? 19 weeks is still very early to feel a baby.

Hope you feel better after your poonami!

Megan2018 Thu 15-Aug-19 17:02:43

I felt nothing regularly until 24 weeks, odd bits here and there but nothing regular. Days of movement, lots of days with nothing. I watched her wriggle at the 20 week scan and couldn't feel it happening.
A big poo will not have affected the baby as long as you took nothing to shift it that you aren't meant to.

Starlight84 Thu 15-Aug-19 18:15:42

@Megan2018 no only lactulose from the dr smile I think I’m back to feeling them little fluttering niggling feelings again! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »