Talk

Advanced search

The Graduates of TTC after pregnancy loss thread #3 🐧🐧The Penguin Huddle 🐧🐧

(999 Posts)
InDreamland Thu 08-Aug-19 22:55:43

New thread as the last one is nearing the max number of posts.

This is a supportive and safe space for ladies from the TTC after pregnancy loss thread who've had a BFP and now negotiating the scary rollercoaster world of pregnancy after loss.

If you weren't on the original thread though and have suffered a loss and are anxious about your new pregnancy please feel free to join the huddle 🐧

So ladies, I hope you are all here for the long haul until our 🌈 are delivered (and beyond if you fancy sticking around).

Let's pull on our positive pants and nerves of steel.

I'll start the roll call of EDD from the last thread:
@Melpops3638 - EDD 5/12/2019
@Beaglemum93 - 25 - EDD 22/12/19
@Amanda81 - 38 - EDD 27/12/19
@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue - 36 - EDD 3/01/20 but having an elective section so likely to be 27/12/19
@theAntsareMyFriends - 35 - EDD 04/02/2020
@Laney79 - 40 - EDD 6/1/2020 (but elective section so likely to be 30/12/19)
@Bluebelltulip - 29 - EDD 9/1/2020 likely induction 2 weeks earlier
@moonpeace - 37 - EDD 23/01/20
@KnitKitty- 31 - EDD 29/01/20
@Newbie21 - 38 - EDD 6/2/2020 (if c-section circa. 31/1/2020)
@Zznorth - 29 - EDD 17/02/20
@InDreamland- 39 - EDD 18/02/20
@Tinatsarina - 29 - EDD 26/02/20
@Frillyfarmer - 29 - EDD 29/02/20
@duvetcaterpillar - 34 - EDD 27/03/2020

Also tagging: @rubyroot @sadtoday21 @Catconfusion @boboelephant @Yukka @Russkispy @VenusStarr @Beaglemum93 @Squiff70 @Navy123 @Bellasblankexpression

So sorry if I've missed anyone. I've tried to include as many as I could.

rubyroot Fri 09-Aug-19 21:14:55

@Bluebelltip was actually thinking of you when I said for some of us it will be difficult. And I'm pretty crap at taking my own advice. I really did enjoy my successful pregnancy, but was still a bag of nerves throughout. @Frillyfarmer good luck for tomorrow. x

Squiff70 Fri 09-Aug-19 21:51:28

Sorry ladies, just a quick post from me tonight as I'm practically sleeping all the time!

Just wanted to congratulate @strawberrye! smile

fnej01 Fri 09-Aug-19 22:22:49

Happy Birthday @CodlingMoth - hope you celebrated x

@strawberrye fantastic news

@InDreamland beautiful scan, and great harmony results. Hope you can relax a tiny bit now and enjoy.

@rubyroot well done for booking with the midwife. I will see how I feel next week.

Sorry lost track of the thread today in case I missed anyone. Hope all are ok. We've just been for a curry and a non alcoholic beer! Thanks for the bday wishes x

Bellasblankexpression Fri 09-Aug-19 22:24:40

Hello all just parking up so I don’t lose the thread. Had a manic day and am about to fall into bed and zonk out completely but will be back tomorrow. Sleep well everyone!

Catconfusion Fri 09-Aug-19 23:06:04

Hey @Laney79 just wanted to say great to see you on here and that you're so far along now. I was wondering how you're getting on. Great news! Xx

Catconfusion Fri 09-Aug-19 23:13:43

That's a beautiful scan @InDreamland and such good news! Xx

InDreamland Sat 10-Aug-19 00:14:08

Thanks ladies

@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue they certainly are very detailed with what they go through. I was so impressed. So glad were decided on the Harmony package now. They take so much time to explain every little thing it was so nice to feel informed. Have a fantastic holiday! Hope it's a good distraction from any anxiety.

@Frillyfarmer good luck for the scan tomorrow! Fx all is as it should be. Looking forward to a scan pic.

VenusStarr Sat 10-Aug-19 05:41:38

Brilliant news and what a beautiful scan picture @InDreamland! So pleased for you ❤️

Good to see you checking in @Laney79 smile

@frillyfarmer wishing you all the best for your scan today, will be thinking of you xx

@sadtoday21 hope you're OK xx

Another early start for me today... I've got to work later too! Not usual for me on a Saturday 😴

InDreamland Sat 10-Aug-19 07:41:33

Thanks @VenusStarr goodness you have a heavy day. Hope you're not going to be tired.

@Frillyfarmer good luck with scan today! Keeping fx for you!

@sadtoday21 hope everything is okay from yesterday's scan.

DH gone on his lads weekend ................. scared about history repeating itself.

Frillyfarmer Sat 10-Aug-19 07:54:52

@InDreamland do you mean your DH was away during a previous MC? I think now you've had positive results and another positive scan, voice got to try to look forwards a bit more. I know that's really difficult to do, but just remember that you can't jinx things and your DH going away can't make history repeat. Xx

Beaglemum93 Sat 10-Aug-19 08:06:21

Good luck today @Frillyfarmer!

@InDreamland I'm sorry your DH has gone away. I was so scared when mine went away for work because I was convinced I would miscarry while he was away. But as Frillyfarmer has said, all looked well at your scans and your harmony results are great so try to relax. We're here if you need to stress though!

I have a scan tomorrow, I really don't know how people manage to go though pregnancy with only 2 scans!

strawberrye Sat 10-Aug-19 08:46:48

Just managed to catch up on this thread!

@VenusStarr @Laney79 @Newbie21 @InDreamland @Bluebelltulip @Frillyfarmer @Squiff70 @fnej01 Thank you all! I am trying my best to think positively, especially as some statistics on the miscarriage association website say a scan at 8 weeks with a heartbeat gives a 98% chance of the pregnancy continuing. So I am trying to channel the positive pants too 🙂

@Laney79 amazing to hear how far on you are now! Best of luck for your anomaly scan and I hope you are able to enjoy the pregnancy or some of it at least

@moonpeace really sorry to hear about your parents dog, they really do become one of the family don't they? Hope you managed to enjoy your holiday

@frillyfarmer best of luck for your scan today, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, let us know how it goes

@InDreamland beautiful scan and so pleased your harmony results came back reassuring. I can understand why your DH going away brings back difficult memories, but remember how positive your recent scans have been. Every pregnancy is different and this one is looking so positive ♥️

@Beaglemum93 good luck for your scan tomorrow

@sadtoday21 hoping your scan went well yesterday

@MyHeartIsBrokeButIHaveSomeGlue have a lovely holiday

Mistymeow Sat 10-Aug-19 10:11:20

Hi everyone

Tentatively dipping my toe in. I have been on the penguin huddle thread since last May and found it so supportive and I’m very happy many of my buddies are having healthy pregnancies.

Age 35, ttc #1 for 3 years
Mmc (anembryonic) discovered at 9 wks April 2018
Mmc (heartbeat at 7 weeks, died at 8, discovered at 10) March 2019
Male factor infertility caused by genetic condition (treatable, but he has universally low sperm numbers).
Currently under Dr Shehata’s recurrent miscarriage clinic and on aspirin and progesterone pessaries
I’m 5w3d

I’m coping ok. I was so anxious when pregnant after the last loss and I still had a mmc I’ve told myself it’s completely pointless to worry. I’m reassured that we conceived naturally so quickly again that if this one doesn’t work out we can try again. I’m self employed and am suffering from low moods related to financial worries, which seems ridiculous considering what we have been through, but the hormones seem to send me a bit loopy!

So glad to see so many scan photos and familiar names. @strawberrye delighted to hear your news and @Frillyfarmer thinking of you for your scan.

I took my first progesterone pessary last night and it felt like I was inserting a candle!

Mistymeow Sat 10-Aug-19 10:37:54

(Please note I don’t know what inserting a candle feels like grin)

sadtoday21 Sat 10-Aug-19 13:49:10

Thanks @strawberrye and @InDreamland!! The scan did go well, despite being in the exact same room as my mmc last time. It was very nerve-wracking, but the midwife was so kind and we saw the little bub wriggling around, measurements spot on for 8+6, and a nice hb! Still feeling really anxious, but trying to hang in there. Just a bit exhausted really, so sorry that I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's news just yet - I will!

Good luck @Frillyfarmer for your scan!! Thinking of you.

sadtoday21 Sat 10-Aug-19 13:51:15

oh and massive congrats @InDreamland for your wonderful test results!!! I know you don't feel in the safe zone yet, and we all know that there is no such thing, but this is really good news and you are doing so well. Try not to worry too much about DH being away, this is a new pregnancy and history will not repeat itself. Sending hugs!

Thanks also @VenusStarr for checking on me - how are you doing? Do you have any scans coming up soon? Xxx

sadtoday21 Sat 10-Aug-19 13:53:31

I also wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss @Russkispy - my heart was breaking for you when I read the news. You will be back here in no time at all and you are such a strong woman, we can all learn from you. Thinking of you and hoping you are doing as well as possible xxx.

Squiff70 Sat 10-Aug-19 14:21:22

Great to see you here @Mistymeow! Congrratulations!

tinatsarina Sat 10-Aug-19 14:38:33

@Russkispy sorry for your loss.
Just trying to catch up with everyone. The thread moves so quickly now.

Beaglemum93 Sat 10-Aug-19 14:52:24

Congratulations @Mistymeow!

And glad to hear your scan went well @sadtoday21

Frillyfarmer Sat 10-Aug-19 15:19:43

Scan measured 11weeks exactly, bang on the dates from the last scan, saw a strong heartbeat and bean was wriggling and jumping and waving all over the place 😊💞

I'm going to try to relax now and consider this my "safe point". This thread and the original huddle has taught me that tragedy can strike at any point in pregnancy but the MC association states that the chances of a successful pregnancy after seeing a heartbeat at 10 weeks is over 99% so the odds are in my favour now. Im going to try and take up the mantle from Yukka and be Mrs positive pants from here on in. Starting with buying some maternity clothes because my trousers are cutting me in half!

sadtoday21 Sat 10-Aug-19 15:28:51

Thanks @Beaglemum93!!

Beautiful scan photo @Frillyfarmer! I'm two weeks behind you and also going to get an 11 week scan most likely, fx for the same happy outcome as you. And totally agree about the positive (and maternity) pants! xxx

rubyroot Sat 10-Aug-19 16:06:17

Great news @sadtoday21 @Frillyfarmer

rubyroot Sat 10-Aug-19 16:07:11

@DuvetCaterpillar How are you twin? 😉And When's your next scan?

strawberrye Sat 10-Aug-19 16:07:49

@Mistymeow thrilled to see you here, congratulations!

@Frillyfarmer congratulations what a beautiful scan! I think your positive attitude is brilliant. My next scan I will be 10+4 and really hoping for a result which means I can also be reassured by that statistic

@sadtoday21 brilliant news about your scan

Is anyone struggling with gas at the moment? I am so burpy it's unreal, especially after food, and it's definitely more gassy down the other end too blush Any tips to manage it? Not complaining as I'm taking it as a pregnancy sign but I wonder whether people at work are going to find it as amusing as my DH!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »