Talk

Advanced search

Indigestion is making me miserable

(15 Posts)
Stefka Thu 02-Aug-07 21:33:15

I feel really hungry all the time but when I eat I feel sick. I have medication from the Dr which helped for the last few weeks but it seems to have stopped. Not fun

sushipaws Thu 02-Aug-07 21:46:32

Ginger Beer saved me, Good Luck

callmeovercautious Thu 02-Aug-07 21:50:31

How far gone are you? Early days I lived on carbs, white bread and crumpets. Later on I lived on some wierd things - salad cream and egg sandwiches - not that odd for some but for me it was! You can take Rennies whilst pg and a glass of cold milk may help. If not try sipping really cold water slowly, this makes the baby kick too

Stefka Thu 02-Aug-07 21:54:06

I'm 29 weeks. The dr reckons it's because
I am so short - there just isn't any room in there. I'm not doing to bad with the heartburn - drink milk and taking rennies. It's the feeling like I ate too much sick feeling that I hate. Even when I just eat a little bit I feel sick and overfull. It's nasty.

Stefka Thu 02-Aug-07 21:54:33

I totally want some crumpets now!

mandymac Thu 02-Aug-07 21:57:01

Giant bottles of Gaviscon liquid were all that helped my heartburn. I used to carry it around in my handbag and swig it from the bottle .
If that is not what you have been given, I would try asking for a prescription for that - lifesaver!

jemima78 Thu 02-Aug-07 22:02:13

I'd second the Gaviscon, I'm 35 wks and have had the worst reflux since 12 weeks (getting worse all the time), I'm getting through scary amounts of the darned stuff (big bottle every two days) but it really works! I do worry a bit about the sugar content though - I know I'm growing a biggie, and can't help wondering if I'm making the LO a lil chubster from all the excess calorific intake!

Stefka Thu 02-Aug-07 22:03:41

I'm on Mallox - I didn't find the Gaviscon strong enough. The heartburn is not nice but manageable. It's this overfull sick feeling I hate - and wanting to burp but not being able to.

jemima78 Thu 02-Aug-07 22:06:38

I know what you mean, every time I lie down it feels like my stomach ends up almost creeping up my throat, almost thrown up a few times...doesn't matter how little I've eatn either...

Stefka Thu 02-Aug-07 22:09:31

No it doesn't I had some fruit this morning and it was the same story!

callmeovercautious Thu 02-Aug-07 23:08:01

Do you eat standing up? I found it helped. Little and often was the best for me. I hated wanting to wolf down a big meal and getting 2 bites in and feeling full

yelnats Thu 02-Aug-07 23:10:30

Try sleeping on your left side. I guzzled gaviscon in both of my pregnancy's - need to watch the salt level though cos it is quite high in salt.

myweegirl Mon 06-Aug-07 13:10:56

i've had heartburn from about 20weeks this pregnancy. a few tips i've picked up are;
gaviscon, mallox, sleep proped up as high as you can go, love hearts, no fruit/smoothies after lunch time, milk, eat in small amounts and often, onions are a no no.

Scampynoodle Mon 06-Aug-07 17:01:22

Have you tried drinking peppermint tea? I've had terrible indigestion from the start (16 wks now) and it's been one of the few things that has kept me going. I tend to have a cup soon after scoffing (especially in the evening because that's when I'm sitting down the most and my grub just stops where my bra starts). It just seems to get rid of that bloated feeling. Oh, and it stops me from burping deafeningly, something that's not the classiest sign of being pregnant I can tell you.

Funny to think that this affects us short-arses. I'm a smidge over 5ft so I guess it makes sense.

Hope this helps Stefka!

Sx

Pheebe Mon 06-Aug-07 17:52:32

Hi Stefka

I'm 28+4 and have been getting the same feeling with this lo as he's sitting so high. I've gone back to 'grazing' as I did in the first few weeks when I had awful morning sickness. Bascially the idea is to eat little and often so and spread each meal out over several hours so for breakfast, start with cereal, an hour or so later have a bit of toast and an hour or so after that some fruit

Try looking through the mornign sickness threads or searching for 'grazing' there'll be loads more ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now