Talk

Advanced search

Quick question: Any experience of swelling/fluid retension on bump in late pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
bananabump Thu 02-Aug-07 12:31:02

I have a swollen patch on the underside of my bump where it feels like fluid has pooled, it's about as big as my hand, stuck out about an inch. It isn't hard, hot, red or sore. It's definitely not a bite!

I have a doctors appointment later, just wondered if anyone had any experience of this, or thought it might be a sign of pre-eclampsia? My feet are perpetually swollen but hands aren't, and bp and urine are always fine so doc not concerned about foot swelling.

I'm 39+5. Any advice?

bananabump Thu 02-Aug-07 12:47:52

bump

kiteflying Thu 02-Aug-07 13:09:50

Bananabump, I have a similar "swollen" feeling just under my bump and bits feel a bit puffy as well. Mine does not feel like it sticks out though. I don't think it is a sign of pre-eclampsia. Do get your doc to check you out though if you are worried.

bananabump Thu 02-Aug-07 16:08:24

Cheers kitey Mine is sticking out, I can see the lumpy patch in the mirror. Very strange. Off to docs in a sec though, hopefully he'll know wtf it is!

bananabump Thu 02-Aug-07 17:15:26

Doctor has diagnosed me with tightpants-itis.

He says wear looser pants or none at all. At least everything's okay! <phew!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now