We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Premonitions, 'feelings' about your pregnancy - any come true?

(37 Posts)
Jbck Wed 01-Aug-07 15:23:27

When I was pg with DD although I could see myself as a Mum with my baby & us as a family I could never envision actually giving birth. It just wouldn't come to me daydreaming or otherwise, I ended up with an emergency C-Section & didn't progress beyond 7 cms & I wondered if this was why I never saw myself 'giving birth'. Anyone have anything similar or opposite?
This time I keep having a 'feeling' that baby will be early which given that I was induced at 10 days over term & resultant section seems unlikely although I suppose it is possible.

lljkk Wed 01-Aug-07 17:10:39

I predicted the weight exactly (within 1 ounce) with all 3 of mine. Got the date right with 2 of them, too.
Can't do it for other preggos, though. Wouldn't it be cool if I could???
Haven't decided what to predict for current bubba, though I'm pretty sure about the weight, I don't want to decide on the date yet.
DS2 is everything (looks, personality) I thought DS1 would be (and isn't).

dal21 Wed 01-Aug-07 17:11:59

Not yet...but I am convinced that i am having a boy.....will let you know if my premonition proved true!

berolina Wed 01-Aug-07 17:13:59

I 'knew' the sex both times, particularly this time - from about 11-12 weeks IIRC.

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Wed 01-Aug-07 17:15:44

i knew without a shadow of a doubt that my first child was a boy and i was right!

I felt that my 2nd child was a boy but dh was so convinced it was a girl i was never as sure as i had been with ds1. sure enough another boy.

but then i was convinced i wouldn't go to term with ds2 and he was 11 days late

muppetgirl Wed 01-Aug-07 17:15:58

I was convinced I was going to die.
...can you tell that one didn't come true!

lulumama Wed 01-Aug-07 18:13:16

i knew DD was a dark haired dark eyed girl , from a dream when i was about 8 weeks gone..also dreamt of a nice sraightforward easy birth..whihc is pretty much what happened

i also did a lot of visualisation of the birth, which i didn;t do with DS

my first labour was em c.s due to failure to progress.. so my visualisations were mostly of my cervix opening ..

i think a positive mind set can be really beneficial

SeamonstEr Wed 01-Aug-07 18:34:21

I could only see dd as a dark haired girl, that turned out to be true.
I also wake up at 4/5 am one morning and know I will be having the baby. Has happened with all three so far.

SeamonstEr Wed 01-Aug-07 18:34:57

sorry, that should have been
'known I was having the baby that day'

lisad123 Wed 01-Aug-07 18:38:54

I "knew" something wasnt right the night she was born! hmm try telling midwife that , lucky for me i was going in every night to be monitored so didnt need to explain anything. As you can guess soemthing was wrong and she was born by Emergency Section later that evening.

Lisa

dal21 Wed 01-Aug-07 19:00:52

Lulu - positive affirmations are great! we were taught them on our hypnobirthing course. I am thinking also that this baby will not be overdue....once again watch this space. will be interesting to see how it pans out. Positive thinking is very powerful though - I totally agree!

MrsMar Wed 01-Aug-07 19:41:22

I knew I was having a boy before the sonographer told me, but it wasn't genius or anything, we haven't had a boy in my family for 30 years. We are due one!!

Other than that, my predicting abilities are terrible. Even when ttc and after taken some time I was convinced I had an undiagnosed gynae problem... all the tests I had proved I was totally fine. Each time I was expecting doom, and I'm totally fine!!! When ttc every month I was completely convinced I was pregnant and you've guessed it... I wasn't!

Now I'm pregnant I'm still getting it wrong, I'm always convinced the baby's breech and at every mw appointment they've told me he's head down. I've been preparing so thoroughly for delivering this baby I'll probably end up with a cs!

LaDiDaDi Wed 01-Aug-07 19:44:23

I had an constant uneasy feeling that dd would end up on the SCBU where I worked and sure enough she did.

4ngel Wed 01-Aug-07 19:47:55

after seeing my 11wk scan iv been convinced i was having a girl, that was confirmed when i had a 4d scan a few weeks ago! x

4ngel Wed 01-Aug-07 19:49:27

iv also got a feeling this babys gonna come early! and terrified about giving birth! can anyone reassure me! im 19 n 33wks pregnant x

nightowl Wed 01-Aug-07 19:51:10

i knew ds would be a boy before we found out.

i knew dd would be a girl.

the week before the scan where i found out she was a girl, i was throwing out a load of old stuff for charity shop..into the bag went anything blue that belonged to ds, sort of on autopilot. for one moment only i thought "WHAT are you doing nightowl, you may need these things"...but still they went into charity bag. i was 100% sure she was going to be a girl, for no reason wnatsoever!

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 01-Aug-07 19:53:13

I "knew" all 3 of my pg's were boys.

With DS1 I had a dream that there was a little baby lying in bed between DH and I, and he grew into the spitting image of DH in my dream.

At this point we'd already bought the cot...and (as far as we were concerned) bed was for mummy and daddy, cot was for baby....we had NO intentions of co-sleeping at all.......well lets just say he spent the first 6 months of his life sleeping in our bed - and yes he looks just like DH!

Rainbowdays Wed 01-Aug-07 20:33:41

I just knew my first was going to be a girl, labour was long and ardous and when finally I gave birth everything was great, until they held up a little boy then I went into shock, I could not understand why it was not a girl..... so much for my premonitions!!!!!

Housemum Wed 01-Aug-07 20:52:41

The bus to work used to go past the maternity unit - I remember looking up and thinking I'll be up there on the top - then realising that was SCBU so telling myself I wouldn't be.

Then 7 weeks before due date, told then-DH that the pushchair still wasn't in at children's World but that was OK as I knew someone who could lend me a carrycot/pushchair if needed. I then packed my hospital bag.

DD1 arrived 3 days later (abruption/crash section so not even as if I would have been in any form of labour when I was getting het-up about preparing) - no pushchair yet, went into SCBU & I was on top floor post-natal ward. Spooky, huh?

popsycal Wed 01-Aug-07 21:02:00

I knew ds1 was going to be a boy as soon as I realised I eas pregnant.

I wrote a diary during the last few months of my pregnancy. I knew I would have him early due to being ill (wrote this before I was ill). I knew that he would be born well, but then would be really poorly a few days later but would be fine. It is eerie re-reading my diary

orangehead Wed 01-Aug-07 21:17:10

I knew mine were both boys and also thought my 2nd would be early and he was by a week. I also had 3 miscarriages b4 my boys and was convinced they were all girls but never knew. I often wonder if I was right and if so it abit strange 2 lose 3 girls but carry 2 boys 2 term

Whizzz Wed 01-Aug-07 21:22:52

I always knew DS would be a boy

rantinghousewife Wed 01-Aug-07 21:24:28

I knew ds would be a boy and I knew dd would be a girl and I didn't want to know at the scans. I just had this deep seated feeling as to their sex, iyswim.

kamikayzed Wed 01-Aug-07 21:27:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CatIsSleepy Wed 01-Aug-07 21:29:13

nope, was convinced was going to have a boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now