loader

Talk

Advanced search

ARE YOU A SINGLE MOM

(6 Posts)
Dawn2820 Tue 31-Jul-07 20:18:04

DO YOU WORK?

WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU RECEIVE?

Both welcome if you work and are single or dont work and are single - thanks for your help xx

Durdle Tue 31-Jul-07 20:19:55

I have been a single mum for the last 4 years (although about to shack up with DP) and I have worked full time and part time (currently 35 hrs a week).

PurpleLostPrincess Tue 31-Jul-07 21:18:19

I was for 2 years and I worked part time and got Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and the old version of WFTC (can't remember what it used to be called). I also got help with DD's nursery fees.

hth?

Vicx Wed 01-Aug-07 09:40:17

I was a single parent for first year with DD1.

Wasn't working and received child tax credits, income support, housing benefit and child benefit.

It all really helps when you have to stay home with your child.

Dawn2820 Wed 01-Aug-07 12:48:23

vicx

you dont have to be exact but can you tell me about how much you got a month, being on those benefits and having one child?

Vicx Thu 02-Aug-07 08:05:28

Was in 2004 and worked out to £125pw but current rates are...

Income Support...£59.15

Child Benefit... £ 18.10

Child Tax Credits... Not sure what it is now but was £52 in 2004

and housing benefit... Depends on where you live and rent etc.

Also if you are a single parent you can apply for a £500 one off maternity grant to help towards the cost of buying baby essentials. It's means tested so if you have savings or earning now you might not be eligible.

Have a look at http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_013950.xml.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now