Talk

Advanced search

Nothing on scan at 5+6 - Any hope?

(6 Posts)
jess1996 Tue 31-Jul-07 20:14:29

I just got an unexpected BFP 2 days ago (unexpected because it was only 12 days after what I thought was AF). My GP decided to count from my last 'real' AF which would make me 5+6 today. However there was no sac at all on an internal scan today. EPAU think possible ectopic. HCG result was 964 so possibly I'm not quite as far on as 5+6. Totally confused as I was sure last AF was normal, but I can't have got pregnant within the last 12 days! They're measuring HCG again on Thursday.

Anyway, 2 questions:

1. Has anyone ever had a scan which showed nothing, but then went on to have a successful pregnancy?

2. Does anyone have experience of AF-like bleeds 10-14 days after ovulation?

Thanks for reading this waffle!

im sorry i dont know the answer but im sure you wouldnt get a bfp if you was pregnant

Pheebe Wed 01-Aug-07 08:10:50

Hi Jess

Really sorry but that sounds exactly like me when I had an ectopic. If you can try and push them to intervene early, they waited over 2 weeks with me monitoring bloods and in the end my tube ruptured and I needed an emergency op.

On the upside, having had severel mcs before that, I then went on to have ds1 and am now pregnant with ds2. One doc reckoned removing the 'bad' tube might actually have helped me!!

((((hugs)))

lissie Wed 01-Aug-07 08:13:23

could you have ov'd late?

alkar Wed 01-Aug-07 11:32:08

You will have to wait and see what your HCG is tomorrow. If it doubles it is more than likely a normal pregnancy. Good luck

pomich26 Wed 01-Aug-07 17:12:54

Hi I was in a similar situation with DD number 2 and she was there! They just didn't pick her up on the early scan which meant I worried for a few weeks until they re scaned me. I had bleeds early in all three of my pgs so don't give up hope

Wishing you all the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now