Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

pineapple in pregnancy

(8 Posts)
jules99 Mon 30-Jul-07 21:57:32

ok, sorry if this is a stupid question

i have heard so many of you suggesting that soon-to-be-mums eat fresh pineapple to help bring on labour, why is this and what effect does it have?

is it ok to eat it in early pregnancy?

i am 8 weeks today and after having 2 previous m/c i am understandably over cautious

i had some the other day and i have just carved up a big fresh pineapple which i was just about to start eating it when i remembered the advice some of you have given to others,

please tell me it is ok as i love pineapple and it is begging me to eat it

Loopymumsy Mon 30-Jul-07 22:11:25

Message withdrawn

yelnats Mon 30-Jul-07 22:13:44

I am no professional but I would say - eat as much as you like and enjoy it while youstill can - shortly enough you will struggle to eat it because of the heartburn! I dont think it will have any affect on your pregnancy at all.

yelnats Mon 30-Jul-07 22:14:36

oh and congratulations! I think you actually have to consume numerous at a time for it to have an affect and even at that I am doubtless as to wether it actually does anything.

tassisssss Mon 30-Jul-07 22:16:17

it'll be fine...but having had 2 m/cs I know how hard the first 12 weeks can be (like I know sex in preg is fine, but couldn't risk it).

congrats on your pregnancy...hope you can relax and enjoy soon

divastrop Mon 30-Jul-07 22:29:35

i think lulumama once said on a 'how can i get labour started' thread that you need to eat at least 7 whole fresh pineapples in one sitting.

anyway,i ate 3 at 38 weeks and nothing happened,and i ate pineapple in early pregnancy also.go for it,its a nice healthy thing to crave

cadelaide Mon 30-Jul-07 22:43:45

Had smoothies with lots of fresh pineapple almost every day throughout my last pregnancy.
No ill effects whatsoever.

jules99 Mon 30-Jul-07 23:13:42

thanks everyone

i shall limit myself to half for tonight and i will eat the rest tomorrow,

pineapple is one of my healthier cravings along with cornflakes and ice cold skimmed milk, bio yogurts and summer fruit frappachinnos (sp?)

unhealthy cravings include spicy wings from KFC, fizzy cherry cola bottles, blackpudding on toast with tomato ketchup and mashed potato sandwiches with extra butter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now