Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to sleep

(7 Posts)
Savvysaz Fri 19-Jul-19 17:40:24

Is it normal at 8 weeks to struggle to sleep? I find I'm either incredibly hungry my tummy is rumbling or I'm sick to my stomach full of food (not that I've actually eaten lots) or I feel motion sick and can't drift off😕

Everafter1 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:11:28

Yeah, something to do with the hormones. I had it terrible.

Framlingham2 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:47:23

I have this too. Absolute nightmare because you just don't feel better in the day as you're exhausted and that makes nausea worse. I feel for you.

Savvysaz Sat 20-Jul-19 11:07:02

Ah thanks for replies ladies! At least it's not just me. Sometimes the sudden hunger feels almost painful 😂 it's like I haven't eaten in days

Framlingham2 Sat 20-Jul-19 11:39:42

You're so right ! The sudden hunger IS actually painful. It's so weird ! All of this is so strange to me. I honestly can't understand how some women do stuff when they're pregnant. I can't even go to work or get out of bed. I'm a complete mess.

Also my diet is so weird now. I can't eat any of the things I used to like before. All food makes me feel sick. I have to sit and think about what I could eat for ages before I can eat something. It's taken all the joy out of eating basically. Do you find that? I usually love food, but every time someone mentions food, I feel sick. My husband brought home some fish the other day... left it in the fridge, it just stinks ! I told him to never bring fish home again. I also hate watching him eat 😂it makes me feel ill. Everything just smellls really strong to me. My poor husband ! He tried to hang out with me after he had drunk an espresso this morning and the smell was just too much. He says I'm a complete nightmare, I would agree. 😂

Let's not even talk about when I see people drinking alcohol - either in person or on TV. Makes me gag.

So far, this pregnancy has been a perpetual terrible hangover. I suffer quite badly from hangovers and this is exactly that.

Anyone else lol ?

Savvysaz Sat 20-Jul-19 12:21:45

Definitely hangover type feelings! Desperately want fruit and orange juice all the time!

1990carey Sat 20-Jul-19 22:06:20

Yah defo normal! I'm 21 weeks now so its calmed down a lot but I did struggle to sleep quite a bit! Im still struggling but now it's because its getting harder to find a comfy position Haha! Gets you used to no sleep for when baby arrives I suppose Haha!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »