Talk

Advanced search

Spotting at 6 weeks - reassurance please

(7 Posts)
CornishMaid1 Fri 19-Jul-19 15:07:16

Hi everyone. I am freaking myself out at the moment. I am currently 6+4 following ICSI. I have my early scan on Monday (the one perk of ivf), but I have started spotting today.

There was a bit of brown/red blood after I put my progesterone pessary in and I am still getting a bit. It is not getting heavier at the moment, so I am trying to convince myself that everything is okay and I may have just nicked myself with the pessary applicator (since it is hard plastic), but honestly I am just freaking myself out.

I have a general fullness which I have had for a few weeks and no serious cramping. I think the fact I have had no real symptoms other than tiredness isn't helping.

I am just so worried that this is the start of the end. Any reassurance that you can give would be gratefully received.

LoafofSellotape Fri 19-Jul-19 15:19:27

I didn't have IVF but I had spotting from 6 weeks on and off all the way through pregnancy and ds is about to go off to uni so worked out ok.

It's not always bad news x

satsumasaturday Fri 19-Jul-19 15:33:07

I can't really offer any reassurance I'm afraid except for to say that I'm 6+5 I think and have had brown spotting for about a week now. Copious amounts of googling and a call to the midwife have told me not to worry and that even if it is bad news there's nothing I can do about it. Lots of people seem to have it though and go on to have no problems - some even seem to have had heavy red blood and been ok.

I've also got an early scan on Monday as well (early mc last month) to date me which is good, but I'll be continuing to try not to worry until then.

SoftMyrtle Fri 19-Jul-19 15:43:01

Spotting is really normal and not automatically worrying, especially if you don't have any significant pain - also those pessaries can irritate your cervix, so you're much more likely to have non-sinister bleeding that isn't actually coming from your womb, even if you haven't jabbed yourself, which is easy to do! The lack of symptoms doesn't tell you much either - some people go through entire pregnancies hardly noticing, and even if you do get sickness it might well not have kicked in yet. (Although tiredness is a symptom anyway.) I didn't get morning (ha!) sickness till I was seven weeks, just when I was naively starting to congratulate myself on having escaped. smile Of course no one can promise you that it's definitely going to be fine, but at the moment you have a positive test and the omens are good.

Fingers crossed for you, and well done on getting this far! And congratulations. flowers

satsumasaturday Mon 22-Jul-19 10:07:25

Good luck for you scan @CornishMaid1 I'm just waiting for mine now

shreddednips Mon 22-Jul-19 10:59:46

I had pink spotting when I was 6 weeks pregnant after IVF. It might be a good idea to contact your clinic as mine told me to up the dose of medication when they found out I was spotting. Baby turned out to be fine and is now 6 months old, so wasn't bad news in our case. I know it's so worrying though, really hope it's good news for you OP

Sparkle0109 Mon 22-Jul-19 21:31:02

How was your scan today OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »