Talk

Advanced search

Thick dark brown discharge

(17 Posts)
TheStorkIsArriving80 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:30:22

I have been experiencing thick brown discharge everytime when I wipe, can anyone advise me what I need to do? Should I call my GP or the EPU? I am around 10 weeks at the moment not experiencing any pain or other bleeding, as I say it is only on wiping. Feeling a bit anxious about this? I've had spotting in the past but not this thick brown discharge 😔

ELW85 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:35:42

Hiya
I’ve had some brown discharge but I’m v early on (4 weeks). The midwife said to me it can happen up to 10 weeks but definitely ring the EPU to get in for a scan maybe?

MrsWalkz Wed 17-Jul-19 17:39:28

I once had this and was dismissed. When I finally insisted on them checking me over it turned out to be a molar pregnancy. Go and get checked and put your mind at rest.

Bambamber Wed 17-Jul-19 18:13:08

Some EPUs you can self refer, others you have to be referred by your GP or somewhere like A+E. You could try finding them the phone number for the EPU and give them a call to find out, but they may be shut by this time. In which case I would just get a GP appointment for tomorrow morning

Mollie3 Wed 17-Jul-19 21:20:30

I had exactly this at various points through early pregnancy. For me it eventually cleared up and baby is healthy and happy nearly full term. I know it’s sooooo worrying tho and got me down. I went for an early private scan (not internal) at 10.5 weeks and saw the moving baby and it’s heartbeat. Nhs Epu might do one if you explain your concerns? Gp will probably just refer you to Epu or midwife.
This is just my experience but I really hope it calms your nerves a bit and you find out very soon what’s going on; there’s a good chance you and your baby are fine! Looking back as my partner said at the time, it perhaps was just the uterus having a ‘clear out’ confused xx

TheStorkIsArriving80 Wed 17-Jul-19 21:47:41

Thanks everyone, I'm going to call EPU in the morning & hopefully they can see me before I go on holiday next week. I had very slight brown discharge before @ 6 weeks after having an early scan it went away but this time it's really dark & quite a lot. I hate this 1st trimester I've never monitored my toilet paper so much lol

agteacht Wed 17-Jul-19 21:51:45

Just wanted to say that I had this on and off for the first 12 weeks and nothing at all since then. I'm now 20 weeks. So I think it's much more normal in the first trimester than you think

stressedmum77 Wed 17-Jul-19 21:55:04

Totally best to get yourself checked out. I bleed heavily on and off for practically my whole pregnancy I'm now the owner of a very healthy 14 year old x

ELW85 Thu 18-Jul-19 09:25:17

It’s absolutely crazy how common this is, and so reassuring to hear the positive outcomes.
My brown spotting has picked up a bit more today but I’m really hoping it stops soon.
It’ll be day 3 if it lasts all day.
It’s not heavy, but it’s there and is definitely making me worry.
My temps are still high though and I have all of my other symptoms (sore boobs etc) and a positive HPT so I’m really really hoping it’s a positive outcome.

TheStorkIsArriving80 Thu 18-Jul-19 13:45:48

Going tomorrow morning for an early scan to see what is going on. Fingers, toes all crossed but comforting to see the positive comments 🤞😙

mistermagpie Thu 18-Jul-19 14:04:49

I had this a lot in my last pregnancy and all was fine, always worth getting checked but try not to panic x

ELW85 Fri 19-Jul-19 16:22:00

I hope everything went well, @TheStorkIsArriving80? Have everything crossed for you!

EPSpartyof3 Fri 19-Jul-19 20:27:17

This is happening to me too.. should I be nervous?

ELW85 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:08:10

@EPSpartyof3 - I’d you’re worried I would contact your midwife or EPU.

TheStorkIsArriving80 Fri 19-Jul-19 22:15:26

@ELW85 sadly it wasn't good news today, it has been confirmed that my little bean didn't develop past 8 weeks and I have had a missed miscarriage. Going back tomorrow for procedure to pass the pregnancy 😭

Wishing everyone all the best with their pregnancies & hoping for positive outcomes for you all xx

EPSpartyof3 Fri 19-Jul-19 22:22:47

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss -😩
They told me it I am
Still spotting next week I go in for a
Scan

ELW85 Sat 20-Jul-19 06:37:14

I’m so, so sorry for your loss @TheStorkIsArriving80, be kind to yourself, my heart goes out to you xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »