Talk

Advanced search

Due October 2019 - 14 weeks to go πŸ’™πŸ’–

(1000 Posts)
HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 20:55:25

If anyone knows of a thread already up and being used please link it below 😁

Wanted to start a thread for all the October mums to be if not as no one to talk to in the real world 🀞🏻

I am due 19th with a little boy and already have a DD(3)

Cant believe its only 12 weeks until October 😬

HJWT Wed 18-Sep-19 07:09:38

Aw yay! Congratulations @2018isanewyear hope you are feeling ok and getting lots of cuddles in!!

Thats 3 little boys now with @Rememberallball twin boys πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

secretlyhermione Wed 18-Sep-19 07:14:15

@2018isanewyear congratulations!! Such good news. Enjoy these precious moments!

KatnissK Wed 18-Sep-19 07:38:55

@2018isanewyear congratulations! Hope you're all doing well!

newbabyyy2019 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:19:38

@2018isanewyear Huge congratulations!
That's a really good weight. Hope you're all doing well πŸ’™

Maryrobinson81 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:35:06

Congratulations @2018isanewyear, glad your little bundle has safely arrived πŸ‘ΆπŸ’™

SC0508 Wed 18-Sep-19 09:21:30

@2018isanewyear congratulations, hope you are all doing well πŸ’™

Didn't think my nerves would kick in this soon starting to feel really nervous about baby arriving, 35 weeks today feel these last few weeks have went really quick!

Finish work on Friday and can't wait as it would of been 7days in a row of work, wouldn't mind if it wasn't retail πŸ˜‚ swollen ankles really aren't making it any easier counting down the hours.

OH bought us a new bed that arrives on Monday I am so excited, hoping it may help with my backache and maybe get a good night sleep πŸ˜€

How is everyone else feeling today?

Sw2102 Wed 18-Sep-19 09:33:14

Congratulations @2018isanewyear!

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 09:58:19

@SC0508 the last few weeks go fast until the end when it drags again.
I don't envy you working in retail, my ankles swelled just working in an office. Since finishing they haven't swelled at all which has been lovely.
I've just gone to town and got myself a pamper set of some sheet face masks and gel eye things. I'm then buying lots of cake and going home for a pamper morning in front of the TV before the midwife later. Hoping for head down again and also plan on asking about when I should head to hospital if I go into labour. It was fast last time so don't want to have left it too late, but don't want to be turned away either.

I slept until 4:30am today which is unheard of these days and I didn't wake up in agony either.

Hope everyone has a nice day today.

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 11:01:39

Too much cake?!

newbabyyy2019 Wed 18-Sep-19 11:20:43

@Frizzy1986 you can never have too much cake. You've made me really want cake now though 😩 they look amazing!

SRK16 Wed 18-Sep-19 12:18:37

@2018isanewyear congratulations! Hope you’re getting on okay.

@Frizzy1986 so jealous of your cake, why don’t I have any cake?!

Having a VERY lazy day. Been lying in bed watching Netflix, then massage a bit later on. Have also been on the Lakeland website looking at kitchen cupboard organisers.. so maybe if I order them I can sort out the cupboards! Might kill some time, and my cupboards are horrendous...

Cantthinkofanameeee Wed 18-Sep-19 12:21:37

@newbabyyy2019 All looking good.4lb 5oz...so shes gained 1lb 1oz in 2 weeks which is bang on for what they say you should be gaining...I've technically got 5 weeks left aswell until my csection at 39 weeks...so if she gains 1lb every 2 weeks she could be an 8lber lol.And shes gone onto the bottom centile line which is good.So shes staying put!So happy.They didnt even want any repeat growth scans...Dont know if that is slap dash.But I am just so happy they arent concerned I dont want to push it.How are you feeling...x

newbabyyy2019 Wed 18-Sep-19 12:29:55

@Cantthinkofanameeee
That's really good news! So glad you can stop worrying now. It must feel like the biggest weight off your shoulders! I'm doing alright just feel like I have lots to do before my induction on Sunday but I just want to sit around and watch tele.. x

Cantthinkofanameeee Wed 18-Sep-19 12:31:53

Congratulations @2018isanewyear lovely weight.Glad he is doing well!!

Cantthinkofanameeee Wed 18-Sep-19 12:35:30

I cried @newbabyyy2019 I was expecting the worst & thinking best case she will of gained a measly few ounces.To gain 1lb 1oz and be on the lines was the (miraculous) I never expected.But just goes to show how one scan means nothing.. the fact I was 31+5 at the scan they done aswell shows she had prob just started to gain her fat in week 32 33...But it is still so worrying...I bet you are so full of emotion for sunday...Have they ran you through what to expect & given you steroids ect...X

Cantthinkofanameeee Wed 18-Sep-19 12:44:00

So happy to see this!!

YorkshireIndie Wed 18-Sep-19 13:40:02

@Cantthinkofanameeee that is really good news!

@2018isanewyear 😍 congratulations!!!

@AngeIoMysterioso I know what you mean about the pram - it would have been nice to put it together. I have tes same thoughts about the kicks. Some are really painful. It is when the baby is stretching that I find the most painful but it is nice to know baby is still there

HJWT Wed 18-Sep-19 13:54:03

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3695438-due-october-2019-thread-2-babies-are-coming-x

Let me know if the link works πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

HJWT Wed 18-Sep-19 14:03:05

@Cantthinkofanameeee thats brilliant news x

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 14:34:37

@srk16 enjoy your massage!

@Cantthinkofanameeee how amazing is that. Really happy there's been good progress.

Midwife went well. Baby is head down, but still free. I am apparently "pendulous" so she advised me to sit leaning forward to help baby settle in my pelvis.
I also asked about when to head to hospital as last time I only hit active labour and regular contractions quite late (less than 2hrs before birth) I don't want to go in when they are irratic and irregular and get turned away, but if it's the same as last time and they only get regular at the end, then it doesn't give me much time to get there.
She wasn't massively helpful as obviously she can't tell me when I should go in, but did say they keep you an hour after checking even if you aren't at 4cm yet just in case and my notes will say I was fast.
Also she said if they are long and strong that's a sign that it's the real deal so it's given me some ideas although I guess I won't know until it happens as it could be totally different this time.

HJWT Wed 18-Sep-19 14:39:09

@Frizzy1986 thats a question I will have tomorrow for consultant! It can take us over an hour to get to the hospital on a Saturday were we are, the motorway is even worse! Today there is 7 miles of traffic on it because of an over turned lorry ! Id end up having him in the car πŸ₯΄πŸ€£

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 14:52:38

@HJWT we are much closer to hospital (around 25 mins) but motorway traffic is awful today. Thankfully its the Southbound carriageway and we'd go north, but I think diversion routes will be busy, plus there's road works which is apparently causing issues towards the hospital from the motorway junction so the logistics make me way more nervous than the actual birth.

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 14:55:21

Oh and @HJWT are you talking about the M6 at all? That's our motorway which has an overturned lorry today. Oil spill and everything. Hoping dh doesn't get delayed coming home as he gets on at the junction right after the closure ends so that's where everyone else will be getting on too.

HJWT Wed 18-Sep-19 15:04:04

@Frizzy1986 yes thats the one πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ its awful, id tell him to avoid the motorway all together, we had to go from garstang to longridge to miss it all then come back on ourself but we could see the motorway on the back roads and it still wasnt moving that was maybe an hour ago! Now I need to know were you got the cakes 😁

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 15:07:44

@HJWT I got the cakes from Victoria Cakes in Leyland. There's also a nice one called Finch Bakery in Great Harwood which is over towards Blackburn. My dh works on the way to Longridge. I'm sure he'll have Google maps going to see what the best route is! Small world though ☺

This thread is not accepting new messages.