Talk

Advanced search

Due October 2019 - 14 weeks to go 💙💖

(1000 Posts)
HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 20:55:25

If anyone knows of a thread already up and being used please link it below 😁

Wanted to start a thread for all the October mums to be if not as no one to talk to in the real world 🤞🏻

I am due 19th with a little boy and already have a DD(3)

Cant believe its only 12 weeks until October 😬

WyncyG Thu 18-Jul-19 18:01:40

Wow @YorkshireIndie that's brave! So living with parents when the newborn comes? At least it should mean an extra pair of hands!

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 18:07:24

@Frizzy1986 yeah I think if your going to do that you want the whole experience not half of it!

@Rememberallball wow that is so soon, 7 weeks goes by so fast! Well it does for me anyway 😁 are you all prepared?

@YorkshireIndie wow you are definitely brave! What made you chose to sell now x

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 18:09:31

Almost 27 weeks and iv started waking up in the night 😩 so I am exhausted again at the min! DD wants to cuddle all the time since I got pregnant which is so nice but hard now I am getting bigger!

Anyone else waking up to pee yet!? I bet @Rememberallball is with twins! 😆

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:00:51

@YorkshireIndie wow that is brave. I'm sure it'll be fine though. Someone I know was building their home when they had their baby.

@HJWT decision has been made regarding birth. Consultant today has advised birth centre as dd was quite fast. She said if this one is quicker, the fast birth can slightly increase the chances of bleeding so it would be better to be on site.
I'm fine with that and at least it gives me some logic I can work with. Now to think of logistics if it is fast as I don't want to give birth in the car.

Had my appointment today and am measuring small! I feel huge but am measuring under 5%. Got a scan in the next few days to check it out but was not expecting it at all. Anyone else in the same boat? Could it be I'm not eating what I should be or something?

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:03:02

Oh and @HJWT I've been waking up every 2-3 hours since about 18 weeks with painful hips. I need to wee at least once I night as well. Baby is causing some leakage as well but before I was pregnant I was fine unless I went on a trampoline. Need to do better at my pelvic floor I think!

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 19:08:12

@Frizzy1986 my sister was told baby was measuring small, to the point they actually made her believe the baby could die and would be born before 30 weeks! She was terrified and cried every day!! She went 1 week OVER DUE and the baby was nearly 9LB so I always say take measurements and scans with a pinch of salt!! They told me DD was 6LB 2 and 6 days later she was born at 8 LB 9!! 🤣 xx

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:26:18

I think I'm worried its a water issue and Im leaking fluid or something. I do sometimes leak, but assumed it's wee. There has been a bit more leaking recently but I think it's a sweat issue as well (pleasant right)

YorkshireIndie Thu 18-Jul-19 20:06:29

We live in a hard to sell village and the house next door took a year to sell so we thought we would bring the baby home there but does not look like that. Plus they are a cash buyer so it would be stupid to pass this opportunity.

My back just aches now in the evening. The only thing that helps is a bath or to have a lie down which is hard when you are visiting family.

And yes waking up to pee. I swear I role over and the baby thinks it has found a new pillow

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 21:37:03

@Frizzy1986 oh when it is really hot I think I am leaking fluid 😂 I even put a pad on the other day because I was sure it was my waters! I think it was sweat though haha! So gross.

They will tell you if your water is low at the scan xx

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 21:38:52

@YorkshireIndie ahh you cant miss an opportunity like that then! I know what you mean some nights I have to put DD to bed and lay down on the bed myself for 20 mins to ease my back pain xx

Em39ma Thu 18-Jul-19 22:09:39

Evening all
I’m due the same day as @HJWT 19 October.
Got my GTT on Tuesday but growth scan on Monday as I’m already measuring 34cm which would mean I’m actually 5 weeks ahead than they think.
I get up about 6 times a night to pee, so now very tired.

Rememberallball Thu 18-Jul-19 22:14:58

Hi @Frizzy1986, one of the twins is measuring consistently under 5th centile while the bigger twin is measuring pretty much on the 50th centile - DH jokes they’ll come out like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito’s characters in the film Twins!! I get scanned every 2 weeks because of it and they are not letting me make any plans ahead of the next scan date - which doesn’t help this time round as we’re off to a fam8ly wedding next Friday and my scan isn’t till Tuesday so I’m stressing about them saying I can’t go!! Hopefully my little pickle has grown ok again and they will give us the go ahead and I’ll be looking forward to my 32 week scan!!

@HJWT, funnily enough, I don’t get up to pee in the middle of the night that often!! I tend to go to bed around 9-9:30pm, use the loo about 10:30-11pm and then get through till about 4:30-5am by which time I’m waking up anyway.

The worst I’ve had this week is I fell asleep on the bed one afternoon and then had an episode of reflux which caused me to wake up coughing; I then pulled a muscle in my side while trying to cough because of the reflux acid heading for my lung but not pee on the bed 😱😱 Pregnancy is so glamorous!!

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 22:28:46

@Rememberallball hopefully my scan will show all is going OK. I'm due to go on holiday to France at 34 weeks so I really don't want anything causing issues. Didn't know we were expecting when we booked it but it's our last holiday with just dd and we wanted to have a special time on the beaches.

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 08:17:06

Ah @YorkshireIndie that makes a lot of sense then, and I guess it gets you closer to being in your new home too!

@HJWT yes to waking up! Some nights I pee like 5 times and sometimes sleep right through. The heat this week made it hard to sleep at all so it's been a snoozy week at work for me!

Anyone else find they're congested, so they breathe through their mouth at night, so you get a super dry mouth, so you drink more, and pee more?! I've had multiple bottles of water next to the bed for months and some nights it's really bad!

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 08:18:29

Has anyone been doing pregnancy yoga or anything?

SunshineSophia Fri 19-Jul-19 10:30:10

@HJWT omg how stressful for your sister??? Wtf?! Making her stress so much. So glad baby is all fine smile

@YorkshireIndie wow! Moving in with parents?? It sounds daunting but if you think about it, think of all the support your parents will give! All the joy of a newborn but hopefully less of the stress as you can "share the load" smile

@WyncyG yes I've had 3 or 4 pregnancy yoga sessions, mostly for my back as it's been aching since like week 11 sad I can't say yet if it's made any difference but I do value the hour or so I have to myself to relax and just focus on baby

HJWT Fri 19-Jul-19 13:28:20

@WyncyG Yes! I got a cup for £3.99 at home bargains it holds 800 mls and keeps the water cold for 24 hours (more like 12 in this heat!) I think I would of died without it!! Normal cups the drink is warm within half an hour 🤢 but yes it makes me wake up every hour to pee!

DD is getting impatient for the baby now 🤣 she keeps looking in the pram asking were the baby is !

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 16:32:52

@HJWT glad I'm not alone 🤣
@SunshineSophia that sounds good! I've been doing a weekly general fitness class with other preggos but we barely break a sweat so I'm thinking of adding yoga in to move a bit more, and I'm starting to really stiffen up!

SunshineSophia Fri 19-Jul-19 17:40:58

@WyncyG so I'm terribly unfit, I did no exercise pre-pregnancy so I break into a sweat with the pregnancy yoga! But for someone with normal levels of fitness lol it might be a bit tame.

There's 20 mins at the end of the yoga session where the instructor gets us to lay on our sides and relax - twice I've nearly fallen asleep! All the ladies in my class agree that the baby moves so much during those 20 mins so there must be something in it smile

Any experience of hypnobirthing?

HJWT Sat 20-Jul-19 07:37:54

Anybody else having horrible dreams? 😩😩 had a dream SIL died last night! WTF I think every family member has died at least once up to this point since getting pregnant 🤰

Positivity86 Sat 20-Jul-19 09:17:27

@SunshineSophia I'm doing hypnobirthing. I love everything about it! I had my first session with a teacher last week and I'm reading the positive birth book by Milli Hill which is great. I'm also doing acupuncture once a month...I did it to help get pregnant and find it so relaxing. I haven't tried pregnancy yoga but it sounds lovely! x

Nomnom2 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:02:19

@HJWT me too all sorts of weird dreams.. rubbish.. not to forget the peeung thing at night .. i wake up 5 times i guess..

Nomnom2 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:07:13

@Frizzy1986 @HJWT im told that im measuring small too. Iv always been petite 152cms and 40kgs.. n so is my baby i guess...

Holiday16 Sat 20-Jul-19 18:39:20

Hi @HJWT I am ftm due 24th October! Hope your well and haven't been struggling too much in the hot weather x

YorkshireIndie Sat 20-Jul-19 20:34:02

Yes my dreams have been odd since early pregnancy HJWT. I had one dream that my husband and I decided to separate whilst our relationship was good but the one that really upset me was where my parents did not want to come to centre parcs with me in January and where angry about something. Had to ring my mother and check they are still happy to attend. Don't know why I was not more upset that my husband and I were separating 🙈

This thread is not accepting new messages.