Talk

Advanced search

Due October 2019 - 14 weeks to go 💙💖

(1000 Posts)
HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 20:55:25

If anyone knows of a thread already up and being used please link it below 😁

Wanted to start a thread for all the October mums to be if not as no one to talk to in the real world 🤞🏻

I am due 19th with a little boy and already have a DD(3)

Cant believe its only 12 weeks until October 😬

Em39ma Wed 18-Sep-19 07:02:19

@2018isanewyear congratulations, glad he’s safe and sound. He wasn’t too small which is really good. Enjoy him.

Frizzy1986 Wed 18-Sep-19 06:43:35

@2018isanewyear Awww huge congratulations. Hope you are feeling OK. Sounds like a good weight for that point in time. Hope your recovery is good and enjoy every second of this super special time.

Oh my gosh, its started now. Babies are coming. ☺

@AngeloMysterioso yes to urgh baby moving so much. I had moments last night when it was just too much that I made a lot of yelping sounds. Anterior placenta last time so I never felt much last time and this time it's crazy.

AngeIoMysterioso Wed 18-Sep-19 00:42:57

Congratulations!! How are you feeling?

2018isanewyear Wed 18-Sep-19 00:35:36

Baby arrived safe and sound earlier this evening via c-sec at 36+2, 5lb 11oz small but perfect and a little boy. Can't stop staring at him. Good luck to all you lovely ladies

AngeIoMysterioso Wed 18-Sep-19 00:18:14

@SunshineSophia it was DHs suggestion, along with the dust sheet so that garage creatures don’t get into the box and make it their home!

Has anyone else gone from “yay, baby’s moving!” to “ugh, baby’s moving...” I know it’s great that the baby’s so active and it’s a good sign and all but I’m getting so tired of it now, I wouldn’t be surprised if I get some kind of internal bruising!

Sw2102 Tue 17-Sep-19 21:54:17

Had midwife today at 36+2. Unfortunately running late by over an hour. Entertaining toddler DD in the surgery for that time was not fun and it was over her dinner time in the end too. Felt sorry for her and myself by the time we got called in! But my main query.. my midwives at the last two apts haven't discussed birth plan or done the 36 week assessment that is in my notes to be filled in.. and tbh I'm not overly worried but just whats the point of it if they arent going to do it? My last two appointments have just been so rushed. This appointment she hasn't plotted the fundal measurement on the graph.. again does it matter..no probably not but just feels like..lack of time and care? And they cant fit me in for my 38 week apt as they are too full so I will apparently get a random home visit that week which tbh is way better than spending ages in the GP with DD but they cant tell me when or what time or anything like that so its a bit disconcerting. On one hand it all feels minor but on the other I feel a bit let down by it all. Not filling me with confidence for the birth or aftercare ( which is what I struggled with after DD was born). Anyway sorry for the downer post! Needed a bit of a vent!

@AngeloMysterioso I think if you want to put the pram up you should.. but keep the boxes! My DH and I got our new one out set it up to check it all (which was just as well as we were missing some adaptors and I had about 6 days left to register the warranty) and he broke down all the cardboard and its so much harder to store out of the boxes. Wish we had kept it dismantled in the box after we had checked it over. Its taken over my spare room!

SunshineSophia Tue 17-Sep-19 21:43:38

@AngeloMysterioso grr just seen your post. Who told her to tape it up?? It's your pram?!? Your MIL has annoyed me this evening!

@Maryrobinson81 same here re bump size. My bump has consistently measured about 2/3cm above the 90th percentile. I didn't really notice the size at first but now my knees hurt and my feet are constantly swollen 😭 glad to hear you're not struggling physically with the bump smile

SunshineSophia Tue 17-Sep-19 21:39:27

@Frizzy1986 yes! At first I was excited that things were happening down there but now I'm just so over them... like bring on real contractions so I can finally meet bubba!

@HJWT2 Ha! I love that!! Next time I'll go for something bigger and better (and more expensive!!!) just to spite her. Honestly what made it worst was that she kept proudly saying how her mum had a silvercross when she was little. Like... so why aren't you excited for us then?? My mum was absolutely chuffed at our pram and couldn't wait to show it off to her friends!

@AngeloMysterioso I agree with HJWT - open it up yourself, it's not that hard to put together and if MIL asks what you're doing, just say you were checking to see it all works and all the bits were there and have a good old push around the house ❤

AngeIoMysterioso Tue 17-Sep-19 21:31:25

@HJWT I would but it wouldn’t really be the same, and besides MIL taped the whole box up before it got put away, it’d be too cumbersome for me to do it on my own.

Maryrobinson81 Tue 17-Sep-19 21:31:22

Nice to read everyone’s updates. I decided yesterday to finish work on Friday so will start Mat leave at 37 instead of 38 weeks. I feel so much better. Physically I’m not struggling but we have soo much to do and sort out. Just takes the pressure off. We have sorted a new car and paid a deposit this week. Was worrying we would have to drive 2 cars around to fit us all in when baby arrives but a used Zafira came up at local dealer. Ex mobility so very low miles. Big relief to have sorted that!!
Had a midwife appointment today and all was well, have been measuring 2 weeks ahead and continue to do so.
Wishing all a restful nights sleep tonight!!

HJWT Tue 17-Sep-19 21:02:24

@AngeIoMysterioso get it out tomorrow and put it up! Its never as hard as you think 😁 can't stand PIL butting in @SunshineSophia will never forget how much my PIL went on about the price of our iCandy pram with DD, honestly makes me laugh why anyone else would care how much you pay for your pram 🤦🏻‍♀️ thank god they are not really in our life this time because this pram was more expensive 😂 x

Frizzy1986 Tue 17-Sep-19 20:59:29

@srk16 Ooo I have seen that on the suggestions at the top. I'll maybe start it tomorrow as I have nothing planned. It's fish fingers and chips for tea so no prep needed and dd is in after school club (she loves it so much so we've agreed to keep her going 1 day a week) so I have even longer by myself.

@AngeloMysterioso that's sad. Why can't people just keep upbeat about things and understand that sometimes you want to be allowed to be excited!

@sunshinesophia yes to the annoying BH. I get them so regularly these days. Sometimes several spells within an hour and it's annoying.

@secretlyhermione glad the scan went well. First time round I packed my hospital bag at like 30 weeks as one of the nct mums appeared at the second session with a baby (she was a about a month ahead of us all due date wise anyway, but the shock of a prem baby just meant I wanted to pack as she hadn't and her husband was in asda at 1am buying things that he had no idea about)
I packed at 34 weeks this time because of our holiday, but I can't really remember what I packed so I'm just hoping I didn't miss anything on my list.

I'm enjoying bake off, whilst dreaming of cake and suffering from a slight bit of reflux tonight. Baby is going skitz as well. Swear I can feel hands clawing at my insides and right down low as well which feels very disconcerting.
Come on baby, decide that you are ready to come out, maybe after the midwife has confirmed position tomorrow!!!

SunshineSophia Tue 17-Sep-19 20:37:49

Aw nice to read everyone's updates! I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and due to start maternity leave next week. Hoping to put furniture up this weekend and get the room ready. I've started having BH contractions which is exciting (and uncomfortable!)

@AngeloMysterioso sorry to hear that, that's so annoying especially when you've been looking forward to opening it. We got a Silvercross in the Amazon sale - used all our Amazon vouchers so we got the pram for a steal. Told MIL and she started to complain about how expensive the pram was. Really deflating sad like... why couldn't she just congratulate us or at least her son for being able to afford a nice pram instead of complaining about the price eyeroll

newbabyyy2019 Tue 17-Sep-19 20:33:01

@Cantthinkofanameeee
Hope everything went okay today! Did they give you any news about anything? X

secretlyhermione Tue 17-Sep-19 20:30:51

Hi all, nice to hear all your updates! Scan went well today, baby seems on point in terms of growth but I always take these things with a pinch of salt given how high the margin of error is! He/she has been head down since 30 weeks which I'm very happy about! We also had a tour of the hospital so feel much more relaxed about everything. My first week on mat leave is actually quite busy as I have quite a few things planned, in fact it's not super relaxing so next week I'm keeping the week clear so that I can start properly organising things in the house and my hospital bag etc. A woman in out prenatal course have birth today so it's all feeling very real!

AngeIoMysterioso Tue 17-Sep-19 20:30:07

Well, I’m feeling a bit deflated this evening... our pram arrived today and I was SO excited for DH to get home so we could put it together and give it a push round the kitchen... he asked if it could wait til after dinner, in the meantime MIL gets home and says we should just open the box, check all the bits are there and then put the box in the garage...

it’s now sitting under a dust sheet in the garage.

HJWT Tue 17-Sep-19 19:58:31

@SRK16 Iv just watched that quite enjoyed it once the two women came into it! Currently watching some New York gangster thing with DH, well I say watching I am catching bits 🤣

SRK16 Tue 17-Sep-19 19:54:25

@Frizzy1986 I might copy you and make bolognese to freeze! May also make some peanut butter bites (I can pretend they are for guests but basically I will eat them all myself)! If you have Netflix there’s a good but depressing mini series that I just binge watched called Unbelievable- will eat up 8hours of your time! It’s nice having time to unwind but hard to enjoy it, I just feel restless!

Frizzy1986 Tue 17-Sep-19 18:45:41

@srk16 I'm quite bored too and am just trying to figure out how to fill up my day. I've managed it today but I have been bored doing some of it.
The cleaners did the house yesterday (minus the lounge) so today I've hoovered in the sofas so they are now crumb free. Made chilli and bolognaise for meals this week (and some for the freezer) then sat down and watched Evolution and the start of Da Vinci Code. I got quite bored watching the films but couldn't find anything else to watch.

I managed to take the dog for a short walk as well which I've not really been able to do for a while and then I washed up.
Picked dd up from school, had a sit down, did some stencils and colouring with her, had tea and have washed up and tidied the kitchen while she enjoys paw patrol.
We'll play a game of something shortly, although I'm enjoying bouncing on my gym ball right now.
Dh isn't home until late as he's gone to play Warhammer with a friend, so I'll prob do bedtime solo and then sit down to watch bake off and the capture.

Midwife tomorrow afternoon though so that'll use up a bit of time.

newbabyyy2019 Tue 17-Sep-19 18:06:52

@Chista
How are you getting on with the induction? Any news?

SRK16 Tue 17-Sep-19 16:23:16

@Chista @Frizzy1986 @HJWT2 Thanks for your replies! I spoke to husband and he’s okay about my parents popping in first. Still feel anxious about it but have noticed I’m quite emotional at the moment so trying to just chill out.

Also getting quite bored on mat leave.. too uncomfortable to go anywhere far or do anything requiring much movement and have finished most the house stuff I needed to do. Other than my never ending laundry things seem quite sorted. Have booked a massage for tomorrow and going to lunch on Friday, cinema on Saturday... no plans at all for next week and would quite like to be busy so I don’t get too hyped up/fixated on my section!

KatnissK Tue 17-Sep-19 16:19:42

I've been having hot flushes since I was pregnant with my first....got them all through bf-ing too (even went to GP who said it was hormonal) and then got pregnant again so they are back! I permanently sleep with a fan and have lots of icy drinks to cool down (and a cool shower if I'm home when one strikes).

ALSO - popped to lidl today and got a lovely maternity cardi for only £7. They had lots of baby stuff and nursing tops too if anyone is on the browse for some bargains!

HJWT Tue 17-Sep-19 15:14:12

@Frizzy1986 I hope he is engaged I could be wrong 😂 maybe your DD just really wanted to see the world and this baby isn't to fussed haha xx

Frizzy1986 Tue 17-Sep-19 15:05:33

@HJWT2 you are so lucky. I don't think this one is going to engage until labour (which I've heard is very common in subsequent pregnancies)
I want to be able to breathe better and I'd also quite like to stop feeling like it's doing somersaults.

I had a few cramps this morning but it was just wishful thinking 😔
38 week midwife tomorrow and I'm hoping that they confirm it's still head down as all the movement makes me think it's not settled in position yet so could have turned to breech as head was still free last time (and I think it still will be tomorrow)
Happy for it to come out now though. I'm glad I only got to 37+4 last time as this already sucks and knowing there could still be at least 3 weeks left is killing me!

HJWT Tue 17-Sep-19 13:21:39

@cattaxi I know how you feel! I have planned a big shop with my DM on Thursday whilst DD is at nursery in a couple of days and then going to get the house sorted this weekend!! I think baby is engaged now 😯 his bum seems to have moved down and I can breathe easier! Iv also slept through for 2 nights so something is definitely different! I just hope he lets me get my hair done next week 😂

This thread is not accepting new messages.