Talk

Advanced search

Due October 2019 - 14 weeks to go 💙💖

(1000 Posts)
HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 20:55:25

If anyone knows of a thread already up and being used please link it below 😁

Wanted to start a thread for all the October mums to be if not as no one to talk to in the real world 🤞🏻

I am due 19th with a little boy and already have a DD(3)

Cant believe its only 12 weeks until October 😬

shouldntbeonhereagain Sun 14-Jul-19 21:32:32

Hi and congratulations! I am due 18th Oct but don’t know what we are having! I feel like it’s ages to go still (found out really early so it’s dragged) Sometimes feel as though there is noone to talk to in the ‘real world’ about this baby/pregnancy so it’s good to say hi! How are you feeling?

HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 21:37:54

@shouldntbeonhereagain I found out at 7DPO! But with having DD it seems to be going very quickly☺️ I am not to bad! I have a diabetes test tomorrow so not looking forward to those results! How are you? Is it your first x

shouldntbeonhereagain Sun 14-Jul-19 21:41:17

Wow- that is super early! Good luck tomorrow, I am always so anxious about tests /scans etc. Is that a standard test where you are or due to signifiers in your pregnancy? This is our fourth baby ( DS 7, DS5, DD 3) Is your little girl excited?!

HJWT Sun 14-Jul-19 21:47:42

@shouldntbeonhereagain Oh wow amazing! Me and DH can't decide whether we would have a 3rd 😁 probably best to have this baby first! Haha, I had it in my last pregnancy so more than likely will have it again, its not to bad though at least I wont put anymore weight on! Are you hoping for a boy or girl this time? X

shouldntbeonhereagain Sun 14-Jul-19 21:56:40

Well I hope it’s ok this time. Does that mean special diet/ induction or anything ? I can’t decide which I would choose,but am lucky to have both already so pressure is not the same as having say 3 boys already. Better get some sleep now but good
luck and hope to hear how you get on over next few months.. very close due dates!

Rememberallball Sun 14-Jul-19 22:42:44

Hi @HJWT, I’m 28+3 with IVF twins. Found out 7dp5dt way back in January which seems a lifetime ago. Officially they are due on October 3rd but have been told to expect them around 36 weeks (early September) - but now being prepared by consultant that they might arrive any time after 30 weeks!!

We’ve got pretty much everything sorted ready for our new arrivals - got a friend coming to stay this week who plans to help DH and I decorate the nursery and get things ready. I intend to sort my hospital bag this week too so we’re sorted for all eventualities.

I had my alternative to the GTT for the last 2 weeks (4x daily finger prick blood tests which were ok but will be repeated again in a couple of weeks time due to risk of GD affecting placental function and one of mine is already not working great.

Good luck for your GTT and that the results are normal and don’t show it.

AngeloMysterioso Sun 14-Jul-19 23:59:23

I'm due on the 24th smile first pregnancy, and now I'm swaying between so happy and excited to meet my little bean and so terrified that something catastrophic is going to happen and I'll lose him. He's wriggling away like crazy right now though which is a lovely feeling!

Positivity86 Mon 15-Jul-19 08:45:53

I'm due on 23 October with my first baby...a little girl. It's becoming real now and I'm so excited! I'm not feeling too bad except for occasional leg cramps and hip pain when I turn over at night. Hope everyone else is feeling ok 😊

SunshineSophia Mon 15-Jul-19 10:01:11

Hiya - there is another thread somewhere which has partially resurrected - I'll dig the link out and send it smile

I'm due on the 9th - it feels like ages left!! DH have just started looking at buying things, trying to get some deals. We haven't found out what we're having (he won this time sad ) so it's all gender neutral for now

SunshineSophia Mon 15-Jul-19 10:04:40

Forgot to say this is my first and I'm so excited!! It's my in-law's second grand child (first was 4 months prem) and my mum's 5th (but five years between my baby and my youngest niece) so everyone is looking forward to my chicken nugget smile

And here's the link to the other thread smile

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/3550833-October-2019-thread-3?noti=1#88264841

HJWT Mon 15-Jul-19 10:21:53

@shouldntbeonhereagain I will get the results tomorrow! Hopefully should be ok with diet was induced with DD at 38 weeks through choice but my consultant said this time I will have to be induced if I have it x

Oh wow @Rememberallball congratulations! Twins 😍 do you know what you are having x

@AngeloMysterioso I totally know that feeling it isn't nice is it I am sure all will go well🤞🏻❤️

@Positivity86 congrats on your little girl! So exciting my DD is my world little mini me so will be strange having a son 😂

@SunshineSophia Thanks for the link! Amazon have some great baby deals I bought most of mine of there! Also get 10% of when you spend a certain amount! This is my DM 13th grandchild and PIL 3rd! But their first GS!

HJWT Mon 15-Jul-19 10:23:52

This is a great deal if anyone is thinking of using Mam! They also have Pink & Blue on sale 😊

username95 Mon 15-Jul-19 10:25:03

Hi all! I did post in the other thread but very late so I think mine was a bit lost!

I am due 12th October with my first child, we don't know what we're having and it's all quite exciting smile

@AngeloMysterioso My little one is a right wriggler as well!! Sends my stomach turning every night haha!

Hope everyone is doing really well (-:

SunshineSophia Mon 15-Jul-19 10:59:16

Ah thanks @HJWT - consider it ordered smilesmile I was looking into Mam bottles as my sis recommended them so glad I've got them on offer.

Any one know of a good breast pump, or heard good reviews? Don't really know where to start tbh

secretlyhermione Mon 15-Jul-19 11:39:21

Hello all! I'm due 17 October, this is our first baby and we also decided not to find out the gender. Baby wriggles and moves around a lot which is exciting and bump is growing rapidly :-) When is everyone off on maternity leave? I live in a country where you have to go the month before your due date so I'll already be off on the 16 September which feels very very soon! I also have two weeks of holiday to look forward to in two weeks so I am sure time will fly by. Can't believe it's less than 14 weeks away now...!

Positivity86 Mon 15-Jul-19 12:55:59

@SunshineSophia I've recently bought a Medela Swing breast pump...my friend raved about it and the reviews online are good. It's a bit pricier than some of the others out there but I like to think it will be worth it!

@HJWT Aww I bet! How lovely having one of each though 😊

@secretlyhermione how exciting, that will fly by! I've got loads of holiday to take so am finishing at the end of August, then heading on a baby moon to relax!

secretlyhermione Mon 15-Jul-19 13:36:15

@Positivity86 aww a baby moon sounds lovely! I'm also looking forward to mine in a couple of weeks, been working throughout the whole pregnancy with minimal holiday, and also did my driving license so it's been insanely busy! I'm ready to just relax, read and get in some sleep before baby comes!
Has anyone bought anything yet? We've been very lucky and have been gifted quite a lot of things smile

username95 Mon 15-Jul-19 14:11:06

@secretlyhermione
I have actually got pretty much everything I need already! (Was not planning on being this organised at all). Just because we found a whole bunch of bargains pretty early on (-:

If you are looking to buy, I think amazon prime are doing a sale, and I got some really good pieces off Groupon and Facebook marketplace - of course you do have to really go looking on the market place.

To you all going on babymoon's, sounds so fab! Wish I had thought to book one!

Cantthinkofanameeee Mon 15-Jul-19 14:57:56

I'm due October the 31st but having a planned section at 38/39 weeks so 14 weeks for me too!!...I have 3 sons & this is my first little girl!Its dragginngggg.Congrats to everyone grin

HJWT Mon 15-Jul-19 15:40:47

@SunshineSophia this is the one I have got! It seems good from the reviews and iv had a go with it 🤣

I got most of my stuff on amazon! Other than the pram and carseat x

HJWT Mon 15-Jul-19 15:46:07

@username95 @secretlyhermione
Welcome welcome! The more the merrier

@Cantthinkofanameeee wow 3 boys! Congrats you must be so excited 💖☺️

@secretlyhermione we have everything now just need a few more clothes when the shops start selling the winter stuff 😬 x

Rememberallball Mon 15-Jul-19 17:30:04

Hi @HJWT, yes we know we’re having 2 of the same ‘flavour’ but aren’t telling people what they are (and I have family on MN!!). It’s very exciting times and we’re likely to have them arriving in the next 6-7 weeks!!

KatnissK Mon 15-Jul-19 17:44:28

Hi! Can I join? Due 18th October but having a c c-section at 39 weeks. It's all going so quickly! Have a 2yo already which certainly helps to fill the time

shouldntbeonhereagain Mon 15-Jul-19 17:45:42

@Cantthinkofanameeee ! It’s our fourth too. How are you getting on? How old are your boys?

@HJWT How’d it go today?

SunshineSophia Mon 15-Jul-19 19:01:45

@Positivity86 @HJWT thanks ladies! I'll look into those smile

HJWT Mon 15-Jul-19 19:24:35

@Rememberallball @KatnissK wow so excited for you both! So you 2 will probably be the first to have your babies on this thread! Unless I have GD I might be with you 🤣

@shouldntbeonhereagain The test was fine thanks just get numb from sitting for 2 hours! Lol x

How is everyone coping in the heat? I am dead today running round after DD is getting so hard 🥴 I feel really sorry for myself haha x

Nomnom2 Mon 15-Jul-19 20:22:55

Oh well im due on 30th oct
M excited an anxious at the moment...

Nomnom2 Mon 15-Jul-19 20:32:15

Well i had my scan at in june and they said baby is normal but small. M small and petite 152cms in height. Iv been 40 kgs all these years. The midwife dosnt seem worried. I am directly having my next appoinment for glucose test in august. I have a small belly. Just gained 1kg. N due on 30th oct. I had to see a consultant on 3rd july and she said all is fine, the midwife will see me direcyly on 16th august during glucose test.
Do i need to be worried about anything,???

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 15:13:32

@Nomnom2 I think as long as your consultant is happy with the way baby is looking then try not to worry 😊

Fingers crossed still no phone call from the hospital for me 😬 xx

Bhappy12 Tue 16-Jul-19 15:38:41

Hello everyone!
I did post on one of the original threads, but then I lost it!

I'm 25 weeks and having my first baby - we haven't found out if it's a boy or a girl.

Is anyone else struggling for names? We have a name for a boy (Named after my grandfather and DH's father who both passed away two years ago) but we can not decide on a single girls name.

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 16:20:23

@Bhappy12 HI! We are total opposite ! Had 2 names we loved for a girl but don't love anything for a boy 😩 xx

Bhappy12 Tue 16-Jul-19 16:26:13

@HJWT - Hello!

I have loads of names I love for a girl, but DH seems to know/have known someone with the same name that he doesn't like so doens't like the name. Another one I love is the name of a close work colleague of his - could be a bit odd choosing that one! Hahaha.

One that we both sort of like (the closest we can get to agreeing) is a REALLY popular name, which puts me off a bit, to be honest.

How are you doing, anyway? I think we're due really close to each other aren't we? (If my memory from the other thread is correct, anyway) I'm due 25th October, though I had two other dates originally.

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 16:36:54

@Bhappy12 I was originally due the 27th but now the 19th! I had my diabetes test yesterday they should ring today IF I have it... and nothing yet! Quite disappointed tbh 🤣

How are you feeling? Is it hard not finding out what baby is 😁 xx

WyncyG Tue 16-Jul-19 16:48:19

Hey all, I'm due 13th October smile My sister had both hers at 35 weeks and my mum had both of us at 38, so I'm preparing as if she'll arrive in September....Probably end up seeing 42 weeks grin
Very excited here, nearly have a name decided and nursery is done. Think we're decided on a pram and just looking for deals now!

SunshineSophia Tue 16-Jul-19 17:09:48

@WyncyG I know what you mean - I'm so impatient waiting for this baby, knowing my luck I'll be going the full 42 weeks sad I've actually started counting the extra 2 weeks to prepare myself for it taking longer to meet my bubba

@HJWT I've got my GTT tomorrow morning. Trying to decide what TV shows to download to keep me busy!

So I've been signed off with pregnancy related fatigue - I'm exhausted! I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and still working full time but my bump (as pointed out numerous times by others...) is that of someone who's due to pop any day now. My midwife hasn't measured my bump yet so no idea if I'm actually measuring big or not

Hope everyone else is doing well today smile

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 17:13:39

@SunshineSophia ahh good luck! Killing eve is good a bit gruesome maybe 😬

I cant believe I don't have diabetes 😂 iv never gone into labour naturally was induced with DD because of it so now I am scared 🥴

SunshineSophia Tue 16-Jul-19 17:20:48

Oh no, @HJWT! It's easy to say but try not to think about it? Or if you're really nervous, maybe ask to be induced again? I know my friend was so terrified of giving birth to her second she forced the consultant to give her a C-section so maybe induction works the same way?

secretlyhermione Tue 16-Jul-19 17:41:17

So lovely to hear all the updates smile we are not finding out the gender so have two names picked out for each although I have my name that I've had since I was a little girl (if it's a girl) and thankfully my partner likes it. Finding boy names a lot harder. We also like the more traditional names but I also feel at times that makes it less unique! I just cottoned on to the fact that in two months exactly I'll be on maternity leave! Mixed feelings really!

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 19:15:18

@SunshineSophia yeah I see my consultant at 36 weeks so I am going to ask about being induced due to baby's size ! DD was 8LB 9 at 38 weeks so dread to think what she would of been 4 weeks later 🤣 I also haemorrhaged with DD and live an hour away from hospital so its scary xx

HJWT Tue 16-Jul-19 19:17:06

@secretlyhermione its crazy when you start to think about it like that! 7 weeks till DD is 3 and then it will only be 6 weeks from then! So strange to think about ☺️

Nomnom2 Wed 17-Jul-19 09:32:44

@HJWT why on the 19th?

HJWT Wed 17-Jul-19 09:45:46

@Nomnom2 why am I now due the 19th?? Thats how the baby measured at 12 weeks! We have big baby's in this family 🥴 xx

Nomnom2 Wed 17-Jul-19 13:34:29

frankly speaking m new in uk... n we have different procedures in our country. I thought only the midwifes see you here through out but iv just been booked in west middlesex hospital. I saw a midwife first while booking,,, and then a counsultant and now i have a letter from the consultant for scan... i mean sometimes i dint understand who do i call in case of emergency or inquiry...

HJWT Wed 17-Jul-19 18:28:58

@Nomnom2 you only see midwife if you pregnancy is LOW risk, if your pregnancy is middle-high risk you then see consultants to make sure you and baby are safe as they have higher better training!

If you need to ring someone you ring your delivery unit at night or your day unit if its 9-5 in the week days! This should be stuck in the front of your notes, if you don't have it ask at your next app for the numbers xx

Frizzy1986 Wed 17-Jul-19 19:34:22

Hi again all, i'm due 1st October and am finding this whole thing very stressful. It's #2 and dd is super excited. She's 5 and it feels like a really nice age as she understands what is going on a lot more and can't wait for it all to happen.

I'm just hoping I make it to full term. Dd was 37+4 and I go to Normandy on holiday for a week at 34+3 so don't want to have to deal with it kicking off while I'm there.

I'm under midwife care but also have consultant appointments. I had a 3b tear last time so from what my midwife has said, its because I can opt for a CS so the consultant sees you at 16, sometimes 28 and finally at 36 as at 36 weeks you would decide if you wanted one and they'd book it.
I def don't want one so am hoping I can say at my appointment this week (28 weeks but at 29+2) and I'll be fully signed over to the midwives. Technically i don't count as under consultant though, apparently.

I'm considering home birth at the moment. Both birth centre and home have "obstacles"
Home I worry about time filling the pool, transfers to hospital, midwives getting there on time, emergency issues and my daughter hearing the labour etc.
Birth centre I worry about getting there in time (dd was waters breaking to 6cm in 1hour and 6cm to out in 50mins), it being too busy so I get forced into the delivery ward, them moving me out into the ward after birth due to capacity at the birth centre (restrictions in visitors and visiting hours in the ward)

We have no names yet as we can't agree on any at all!

HJWT Wed 17-Jul-19 21:49:42

@Frizzy1986 if your labour goes fine will they not let you home after 6 hours? I had a PPH & stitches with DD so understand your pain! I was made to stay on delivery though for HOURS I wasn't actually allowed to stand up for 9 hours and had a natural birth no epidural 😬

Hopefully we both have a smooth delivery this time and can be home with our girls asap 🥴💖

Frizzy1986 Wed 17-Jul-19 22:28:50

@HJWT yes I think it's 6 hours minimum stay and 24hrs max.
One of the local birth centres has closed so anyone who wants a birth centre now goes to the one attached to the hospital which has 4 rooms and 2 postnatal. They have had instances where the postnatal rooms are full and more women are due in so they request you go to the ward so the birth room can be cleaned.
Thats something that doesn't sit well with me and I'm not sure how likely it would be and I doubt they would either. They'd only know that it has happened on several occasions before.
I worry that what ever choice i make will be the wrong one and will cause stress.

Rememberallball Thu 18-Jul-19 07:43:22

Names were easy for us - which was a surprise as, prior to knowing we were expecting, we had ideas for girls names but no idea for boys; once we knew we were expecting twins we found 2 names for each twin and combination of girls/boys names if it were one of each. Now we talk to them using their names!!

I’m automatically high risk as twins, my age and IVF pregnancy so never had a choice about being consultant or midwife led but always knew I wanted a section so it was pretty academic. Now I’ve also got placenta praevia it really is out of my hands - unless the placenta moves significantly (which everyone, apart from one Dr, says is unlikely to happen)then it’s section or stay where they are!!

What I’m finding hard to get my head round is they’ve said the latest I’ll go is 36 weeks so, as of today, I’ve only got a maximum of 7 weeks left!! Depending on twin 2’s growth over coming weeks and my placental function they could well bring that forward so might well be less!!

YorkshireIndie Thu 18-Jul-19 10:49:52

Hi adding my name to the list. Due 15th October and have a couple of pieces of clothes and the car seat because it was on offer. Just made my life more complicated by putting the house up for sale and accepting an offer for the full asking price. Looking for somewhere to live but resigned to the idea that we will have to move in with my parents for a bit between house moves

WyncyG Thu 18-Jul-19 18:01:40

Wow @YorkshireIndie that's brave! So living with parents when the newborn comes? At least it should mean an extra pair of hands!

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 18:07:24

@Frizzy1986 yeah I think if your going to do that you want the whole experience not half of it!

@Rememberallball wow that is so soon, 7 weeks goes by so fast! Well it does for me anyway 😁 are you all prepared?

@YorkshireIndie wow you are definitely brave! What made you chose to sell now x

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 18:09:31

Almost 27 weeks and iv started waking up in the night 😩 so I am exhausted again at the min! DD wants to cuddle all the time since I got pregnant which is so nice but hard now I am getting bigger!

Anyone else waking up to pee yet!? I bet @Rememberallball is with twins! 😆

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:00:51

@YorkshireIndie wow that is brave. I'm sure it'll be fine though. Someone I know was building their home when they had their baby.

@HJWT decision has been made regarding birth. Consultant today has advised birth centre as dd was quite fast. She said if this one is quicker, the fast birth can slightly increase the chances of bleeding so it would be better to be on site.
I'm fine with that and at least it gives me some logic I can work with. Now to think of logistics if it is fast as I don't want to give birth in the car.

Had my appointment today and am measuring small! I feel huge but am measuring under 5%. Got a scan in the next few days to check it out but was not expecting it at all. Anyone else in the same boat? Could it be I'm not eating what I should be or something?

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:03:02

Oh and @HJWT I've been waking up every 2-3 hours since about 18 weeks with painful hips. I need to wee at least once I night as well. Baby is causing some leakage as well but before I was pregnant I was fine unless I went on a trampoline. Need to do better at my pelvic floor I think!

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 19:08:12

@Frizzy1986 my sister was told baby was measuring small, to the point they actually made her believe the baby could die and would be born before 30 weeks! She was terrified and cried every day!! She went 1 week OVER DUE and the baby was nearly 9LB so I always say take measurements and scans with a pinch of salt!! They told me DD was 6LB 2 and 6 days later she was born at 8 LB 9!! 🤣 xx

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:26:18

I think I'm worried its a water issue and Im leaking fluid or something. I do sometimes leak, but assumed it's wee. There has been a bit more leaking recently but I think it's a sweat issue as well (pleasant right)

YorkshireIndie Thu 18-Jul-19 20:06:29

We live in a hard to sell village and the house next door took a year to sell so we thought we would bring the baby home there but does not look like that. Plus they are a cash buyer so it would be stupid to pass this opportunity.

My back just aches now in the evening. The only thing that helps is a bath or to have a lie down which is hard when you are visiting family.

And yes waking up to pee. I swear I role over and the baby thinks it has found a new pillow

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 21:37:03

@Frizzy1986 oh when it is really hot I think I am leaking fluid 😂 I even put a pad on the other day because I was sure it was my waters! I think it was sweat though haha! So gross.

They will tell you if your water is low at the scan xx

HJWT Thu 18-Jul-19 21:38:52

@YorkshireIndie ahh you cant miss an opportunity like that then! I know what you mean some nights I have to put DD to bed and lay down on the bed myself for 20 mins to ease my back pain xx

Em39ma Thu 18-Jul-19 22:09:39

Evening all
I’m due the same day as @HJWT 19 October.
Got my GTT on Tuesday but growth scan on Monday as I’m already measuring 34cm which would mean I’m actually 5 weeks ahead than they think.
I get up about 6 times a night to pee, so now very tired.

Rememberallball Thu 18-Jul-19 22:14:58

Hi @Frizzy1986, one of the twins is measuring consistently under 5th centile while the bigger twin is measuring pretty much on the 50th centile - DH jokes they’ll come out like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito’s characters in the film Twins!! I get scanned every 2 weeks because of it and they are not letting me make any plans ahead of the next scan date - which doesn’t help this time round as we’re off to a fam8ly wedding next Friday and my scan isn’t till Tuesday so I’m stressing about them saying I can’t go!! Hopefully my little pickle has grown ok again and they will give us the go ahead and I’ll be looking forward to my 32 week scan!!

@HJWT, funnily enough, I don’t get up to pee in the middle of the night that often!! I tend to go to bed around 9-9:30pm, use the loo about 10:30-11pm and then get through till about 4:30-5am by which time I’m waking up anyway.

The worst I’ve had this week is I fell asleep on the bed one afternoon and then had an episode of reflux which caused me to wake up coughing; I then pulled a muscle in my side while trying to cough because of the reflux acid heading for my lung but not pee on the bed 😱😱 Pregnancy is so glamorous!!

Frizzy1986 Thu 18-Jul-19 22:28:46

@Rememberallball hopefully my scan will show all is going OK. I'm due to go on holiday to France at 34 weeks so I really don't want anything causing issues. Didn't know we were expecting when we booked it but it's our last holiday with just dd and we wanted to have a special time on the beaches.

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 08:17:06

Ah @YorkshireIndie that makes a lot of sense then, and I guess it gets you closer to being in your new home too!

@HJWT yes to waking up! Some nights I pee like 5 times and sometimes sleep right through. The heat this week made it hard to sleep at all so it's been a snoozy week at work for me!

Anyone else find they're congested, so they breathe through their mouth at night, so you get a super dry mouth, so you drink more, and pee more?! I've had multiple bottles of water next to the bed for months and some nights it's really bad!

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 08:18:29

Has anyone been doing pregnancy yoga or anything?

SunshineSophia Fri 19-Jul-19 10:30:10

@HJWT omg how stressful for your sister??? Wtf?! Making her stress so much. So glad baby is all fine smile

@YorkshireIndie wow! Moving in with parents?? It sounds daunting but if you think about it, think of all the support your parents will give! All the joy of a newborn but hopefully less of the stress as you can "share the load" smile

@WyncyG yes I've had 3 or 4 pregnancy yoga sessions, mostly for my back as it's been aching since like week 11 sad I can't say yet if it's made any difference but I do value the hour or so I have to myself to relax and just focus on baby

HJWT Fri 19-Jul-19 13:28:20

@WyncyG Yes! I got a cup for £3.99 at home bargains it holds 800 mls and keeps the water cold for 24 hours (more like 12 in this heat!) I think I would of died without it!! Normal cups the drink is warm within half an hour 🤢 but yes it makes me wake up every hour to pee!

DD is getting impatient for the baby now 🤣 she keeps looking in the pram asking were the baby is !

WyncyG Fri 19-Jul-19 16:32:52

@HJWT glad I'm not alone 🤣
@SunshineSophia that sounds good! I've been doing a weekly general fitness class with other preggos but we barely break a sweat so I'm thinking of adding yoga in to move a bit more, and I'm starting to really stiffen up!

SunshineSophia Fri 19-Jul-19 17:40:58

@WyncyG so I'm terribly unfit, I did no exercise pre-pregnancy so I break into a sweat with the pregnancy yoga! But for someone with normal levels of fitness lol it might be a bit tame.

There's 20 mins at the end of the yoga session where the instructor gets us to lay on our sides and relax - twice I've nearly fallen asleep! All the ladies in my class agree that the baby moves so much during those 20 mins so there must be something in it smile

Any experience of hypnobirthing?

HJWT Sat 20-Jul-19 07:37:54

Anybody else having horrible dreams? 😩😩 had a dream SIL died last night! WTF I think every family member has died at least once up to this point since getting pregnant 🤰

Positivity86 Sat 20-Jul-19 09:17:27

@SunshineSophia I'm doing hypnobirthing. I love everything about it! I had my first session with a teacher last week and I'm reading the positive birth book by Milli Hill which is great. I'm also doing acupuncture once a month...I did it to help get pregnant and find it so relaxing. I haven't tried pregnancy yoga but it sounds lovely! x

Nomnom2 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:02:19

@HJWT me too all sorts of weird dreams.. rubbish.. not to forget the peeung thing at night .. i wake up 5 times i guess..

Nomnom2 Sat 20-Jul-19 10:07:13

@Frizzy1986 @HJWT im told that im measuring small too. Iv always been petite 152cms and 40kgs.. n so is my baby i guess...

Holiday16 Sat 20-Jul-19 18:39:20

Hi @HJWT I am ftm due 24th October! Hope your well and haven't been struggling too much in the hot weather x

YorkshireIndie Sat 20-Jul-19 20:34:02

Yes my dreams have been odd since early pregnancy HJWT. I had one dream that my husband and I decided to separate whilst our relationship was good but the one that really upset me was where my parents did not want to come to centre parcs with me in January and where angry about something. Had to ring my mother and check they are still happy to attend. Don't know why I was not more upset that my husband and I were separating 🙈

gkeal3 Sat 20-Jul-19 21:32:54

Hi I'm also due 19th October, making me 27 weeks today! Can't believe the third trimester is just a week away!
We didn't find out what we are having 💗💙

Frizzy1986 Sat 20-Jul-19 22:57:29

@Nomnom2 I am unfortunately not petite. 5"8 and was a 12-14 before pregnancy, but prob a 16 now with these thunder thighs!

Anyone else nice and swollen down there? If I stand for too long I really feel the pressure and I can sense the swelling when I go for a wee.

Off to an icecream festival tomorrow. It'll be fun I'm sure and dd will love it, but being on my feet for a while is not filling me with joy.

HJWT Sun 21-Jul-19 14:03:39

@Holiday16 congrats! Do you know what your having? 😄

@YorkshireIndie LOL that made me giggle! My worst one was my SISTER being in love with DH and him leaving me for her 🤣

@gkeal3 iv spoken to you a few times on here 😊 cant believe the third trimester is fast approaching ! Actually freaking out a bit now I didn't realise till you mentioned it!

@Frizzy1986 probably TMI but I feel like the bones in my vagina are separating 🤣 my ribs hurt to but no swelling yet! Cant actually see down there though tbh haha! X

Holiday16 Sun 21-Jul-19 16:35:22

@HJWT yes we are having a little boy smile what about you? X

YorkshireIndie Sun 21-Jul-19 17:08:03

Fizzy1986 how are the feet? I swear I hit 20wks and my feet thought let's have fun for the next 20wks!

Frizzy1986 Sun 21-Jul-19 18:17:50

@YorkshireIndie my ankles swell nicely in the warm. With dd I was only 3 ½ months pregnant at this time of year so it was lovely. Much easier being pregnant in the cold when you can layer up.
This time at getting close to 7 months my body doesn't like it so much and I'm not good with heat at the best of times.

@HJWT sounds glorious and totally know what you mean. I had a little look with my phone camera (ensuring I didn't accidentally take a shot) If Google are tapping my phone they'll have got a hell of a view!! 😂 It looks very weird down there and if I feel it, well it feels like some sausages are exploding out of their skins. Not sure it was this bad last time, but I can't remember.

The icecream festival was good but I'm exhausted. We only wandered for about 2 hours but my feet and back ache a lot. I did have the most tasty icecream. A double waffle cone with salted caramel and white choc kinder bueno flavours. It defeated me though. It was rather massive, but usually I'd polish it off no trouble. I felt ashamed having to bin some of it. Damn baby taking up food space!!

I'm hoping for a nice week this week. Dd's first week of summer so she spends days at the inlaws while I'm at work. I'm off for 2 days at the end of the week with her and then we go to visit my parents next weekend and leave dd down there with them for a week of fun with my side of the fam.
Me and dh need to finish off her new room while she is away, with a new bed arriving later this week.

I still feel like I have so much to do, including somehow preparing for our holiday. We were idiots and booked before we found out I was pg. We go to Normandy on the euro tunnel for a week when I am 34+3!!
What the hell are we thinking!! Its a 3 hour drive from my folks to the tunnel and a 3hr drive to our Airbnb on the coast. We were hoping to do a day at Disney as well as dd would love it but I worry that a 2 ½ hr drive there and back is pushing it (but I really want dd to feel special) Maybe we need to save up and we have a holiday once baby is a bit bigger. Although she has already been told about it so might be upset if we don't go.

Apologies for the mammoth post!

HJWT Sun 21-Jul-19 21:06:11

@Holiday16 also a boy! Feel like it is defo the year for boys! I know 1 person having a girl out of around 20 🤔

@Frizzy1986 oh god! Maybe mention that to your midwife 🤣 no sausage skins here just feel like iv been kicked down there a few times! Told DH the other day I need to shave but cant see it and he offered to do it ! Got to give him credit for offering but don't think ill be letting him look down there anytime soon!

Wow disney land! You are definitely braver than me I nearly died at the park the other day we was only there half an hour! Haha xx

Frizzy1986 Sun 21-Jul-19 21:27:45

@HJWT I keep forgetting to mention it!! Maybe I'll try and call them this week when I'm off work. Not really a conversation for work to overhear.
Yeah, Disney is a risk. It's in our minds but not definite yet as if I'm feeling too tired I don't want to push myself too much. Not like I'll be getting to enjoy everything. We'd only be driving there and assume we can just rock up, pay for parking and get tickets on the gate???!!

AngeloMysterioso Sun 21-Jul-19 22:59:57

So this weekend I went on a whistle stop tour of 5 different libraries in London and am now the proud temporary custodian of 6 books and a CD (and picking up a 7th book from yet another library tomorrow)grin reckon I'll have enough to be getting on with?

AngeloMysterioso Sun 21-Jul-19 23:01:13

@Holiday16 you're my doppelgänger- I'm also due on 24/10, also first pregnancy, also a boy smile

HJWT Mon 22-Jul-19 12:28:41

I cant breathe today! And tomorrow is going to be even hotter! SOMEONE SAVE MEEE 🤣

secretlyhermione Mon 22-Jul-19 14:29:24

Hi ladies! Nice to hear all the updates smile I live in a country where it's hitting 40 degrees today so it's testing my spirits!
Wondered if anyone else was suffering with ligament pain? I had pretty bad ligament pain on my right side for a couple of hours this morning. Hard to walk and extremely painful. Was a tad worried at first as the other times I've had it it's gone away quite quickly. Thankfully now I feel better. I'm just really looking forward to my holiday in a bit over a week, really need the time to relax!
@AngeloMysterioso well done on the books! I'm also getting through mine (hypnobirthing and birth skills) and it's helping me prepare mentally well enough. Have also found a very good pilates video for pregnant women which I started yesterday, it's only half an hour and very relaxing. If anyone is interested I can send the link!

Rememberallball Mon 22-Jul-19 14:42:08

@Frizzy1986, you didn’t go to Mount Edgecombe yesterday did you? Friends of mine went with their kids and had a fabulous but said they’d have preferred they had more non ice cream options!!

YorkshireIndie Mon 22-Jul-19 15:05:12

Had my 28wk appointment and apparently baby is head down. My mother said I did the same. Back at work after a week off and my back is really hurting me today 😢

HJWT Mon 22-Jul-19 16:09:08

@YorkshireIndie iv got mine next week! Going to eat extra healthy this week and hopefully drop a couple of pounds so the midwife doesn't have a go at me 😂 hope your back feels better! Have you tried hot water bottle.

gkeal3 Mon 22-Jul-19 16:57:31

Can I ask you all what kind of weight you've put on so far at around 27/28 weeks?
I'm measuring small and haven't put on much at all...going to speak with midwife at my 28 week appointment next Tuesday

YorkshireIndie Mon 22-Jul-19 17:42:26

I have put on 11kg so far. I did not loose any weight with morning sickness. I spoke to my midwife friend and she said that was fine for me. Hope that helps

Positivity86 Mon 22-Jul-19 17:51:26

@secretlyhermione I know how you feel! I had ligament pain around 22 weeks quite badly and struggled to walk sometimes. I'm now I'm 27 weeks and still get it occasionally. Definitely take the time to relax as much as poss 😊

@gkeal3 I've put on around 1.5 stone overall which I feel is a lot...especially as I lost nearly half a stone in the first trimester 🙈 I'm 5ft 7 and was 9 stone before I got pregnant. I hope all goes well at your appointment next week, try not to worry. I think everyone is just very different!

Frizzy1986 Mon 22-Jul-19 18:19:16

@Rememberallball no I was in Garstang in Lancashire. It was really good if tiring.
Called the midwives today to say I'm feeling anxious about my scan and they reassured me, also told me to contact the physio team about my hip pain so I've done that and am waiting for a reply.
With regards to swollen down there, she said it's totally normal. Some people get varicous veins there! Suggested a cooled sanitary pad to help with any discomfort.

@gkeal3 I darent weigh myself. I think I've put on a lot, yet am measuring very small which worries me.
I put on 3 stone with dd but managed to lose it within a year.

KatnissK Mon 22-Jul-19 18:26:37

I have put on 8kg. I put on a fuck-ton the first time so really need to watch it in the 3rd trimester as that's when I ballooned before.

SRK16 Mon 22-Jul-19 18:51:58

I’ve put on about 23lbs at 29 weeks. I was slightly overweight beforehand so am concerned about where I’ll end up and could do with not gaining much more.I should probably slow down on my snacking!

Rememberallball Mon 22-Jul-19 19:28:56

@gkeal3, at 28 weeks I’d gained 20lbs which, according to the weighty app I use is somewhere in the middle of what I should have gained so far in a twin pregnancy!!

SunshineSophia Mon 22-Jul-19 19:31:47

@gkeal3 hiya I've put on about 8kg but I think I lost loads with the morning sickness so the actual figure is probably a lot higher!

This heat is unbearable!!! sad

HJWT Mon 22-Jul-19 19:41:23

Iv also put on around 1.5 stone🙈 doesn't help with the heat having ice lolly's and ice cream! I need to stop putting it in the freezer because my meals are fine its the snacking I cant stop 🤔 x

SunshineSophia Mon 22-Jul-19 19:54:27

@HJWT any particular ice lollies??

R Whites lemonade lollies are the absolute bomb - only 3 in a pack and I've only found them in Sainsbury's - I need to stock up as they're a life saver

This thread is not accepting new messages.