Talk

Advanced search

Due anytime now?

(63 Posts)
unicornsprinklesss Sun 14-Jul-19 13:21:39

I'm 39+6 with DS2 and ready for this pregnancy to be over grin
Anyone in the same boat?

Ilovemypyjamas Wed 17-Jul-19 11:57:42

Lovely news! Congratulations OP! I've been having lots of movement, so hoping something might happen soon - probably wishful thinking though grin

unicornsprinklesss Wed 17-Jul-19 15:06:27

Thank you all! Can't wait for your babies to start popping out, let's keep this thread active smile

My mum took DS1 to the hospital to meet his little brother and his reaction was "ahhhh he's cute but shall we go home and leave him here now mummy?"

Fedoos Wed 17-Jul-19 15:39:28

Aww, bless your DS1 @unicornsprinklesss. How old is he? My little girl is almost 4 and beside herself with excitement!

Nothing more to report from me at the moment (40+5). Taking up residence on my gym ball with a big bowl of pineapple, haha.

unicornsprinklesss Wed 17-Jul-19 18:17:00

He is 2! @Fedoos
The gym ball is a bloody life saver.

Ilovemypyjamas Thu 18-Jul-19 13:01:15

Okay, had my sweep this morning. Midwife says I am 3cm dilated and cervix is very thin. She hopes that labour will start in the next day or two. Fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone else is doing well! smile

Fedoos Thu 18-Jul-19 14:21:39

Oh that sounds promising @Ilovemypyjamas!

I just got back from having a sweep too. I'm only 1cm dilated but still hoping that the sweep will get things moving.

Fingers crossed for us both!

Ilovemypyjamas Thu 18-Jul-19 16:31:41

How are you doing Fedoos?

I'm having contractions every 4 minutes here, lasting 1 minute. Waiting on a phonecall back from the midwife now... Feeling a lot of pressure in my bits and my bum. Hoping this could be it!

cravingmilkshake Thu 18-Jul-19 16:48:59

Hi all,

I am 39+4 - first pregnancy- lost my mucous plug yesterday morning but nothing since then! Lots of movement today though!

Hopefully something happens soon!! ❤️

unicornsprinklesss Thu 18-Jul-19 17:10:38

@Ilovemypyjamas YESSSS!!! keep us updated.

@cravingmilkshake fingers crossed smile

unicornsprinklesss Thu 18-Jul-19 17:16:52

little isaac home today x

cravingmilkshake Thu 18-Jul-19 17:21:07

@unicornsprinklesss he is gorgeous- love the name!!

Fedoos Thu 18-Jul-19 18:31:27

@Ilovemypyjamas Amazing! Sounds like things are moving quickly for you! Can't wait for an update. Still nothing doing here after my sweep. Maybe I need to see your midwife, she must have super powers! I'm beginning to feel like things will never get started. Will be 41 weeks tomorrow 😭

@unicornsprinklesss Just gorgeous 😊

Fingers crossed @cravingmilkshake!

unicornsprinklesss Thu 18-Jul-19 18:41:55

Thank you all!!! Crossing my fingers for yous!!!

Ilovemypyjamas Thu 18-Jul-19 19:38:01

@Fedoos yes, she was pretty vigorous! Still at home just now, the contractions are getting a bit stronger but not too bad yet. Trying to eat some dinner and rest while I can.

@unicornsprinklesss Baby Isaac is just beautiful, congratulations!

@cravingmilkshake hoping you get going soon, I had lots of movement the past few days too so maybe it is a sign!

Ilovemypyjamas Fri 19-Jul-19 17:01:09

My contractions stopped but I'm dilated 5cms. Got sent home this morning after a very tiring night at the hospital! Knackered.

How is everyone else getting on?

unicornsprinklesss Fri 19-Jul-19 17:11:09

@Ilovemypyjamas that's annoying but at least it's progress! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!

I'm adjusting to life with two kids, still resting after the birth. Breastfeeding is bloody exhausting but I'm so glad he's here. I still look about 6 months pregnant though haha.

Isaac is just gorgeous, thank you all (I may be biased). He has his check up in a couple of days time!

Hope you're all well x

Hellosunshine30 Fri 19-Jul-19 17:25:01

I'm due a sweep this coming week. I'll be 39 plus 3. Baby was only 2/5 or 3/5 engaged. I don't know if I should go ahead with it or not. I'm in 2 minds as I've heard it is so painful.

Mrsmummy90 Fri 19-Jul-19 17:36:50

39 weeks today. By this point with dd1, I'd already had her. Can't wait for this baby to make an appearance! No signs whatsoever that she's close to being born though!

Fedoos Fri 19-Jul-19 18:02:48

Aww, I've been thinking about you today @Ilovemypyjamas and wondering how you were getting on. That's frustrating but good that things have moved on. Did they say when they'd expect things to get going again or is it just a waiting game?

Glad you and Isaac are getting settled in at home @unicornsprinklesss.

I had a sweep yesterday @Hellosunshine30. It was uncomfortable but not painful and once it was done it was done, I had no discomfort afterwards.

Fingers crossed something happens soon @Mrsmummy90.

STILL nothing to report here. Feeling quite down about it today ☹️

Ilovemypyjamas Fri 19-Jul-19 19:33:32

@Hellosunshine30 the sweep wasn't painful, just felt a bit uncomfy and odd. As soon as she stopped doing it, it was fine.

@Fedoos I think the sweep almost started something and then it stopped. So I've decided I don't want to force it, I'll just wait now confused don't feel sad, I am sure these babes will come when they are ready brew cake

Hellosunshine30 Fri 19-Jul-19 20:07:33

@ilovemypyjamas @Fedoos thanks. Some people say it's pointless if you aren't in labour. It apparently only works if you were due to go into labour within 48 hours or something. This is my 1st and I bet I go over, although if I could go tonight I would be happy haha.

Sadie789 Fri 19-Jul-19 20:13:29

38+5 and done with being pregnant. Can barely walk. Splitting headache. Huge baby hanging out the right side of my bump. Ready to go but nothing happening.

Ilovemypyjamas Sun 21-Jul-19 03:01:44

Baby boy born last night at 11.50pm. Just made it for his due date!
Almost didn't make it to the hospital in time, he was born 25 minutes after we arrived shock

All doing well xx

How is everyone else doing? X

Mrsmummy90 Sun 21-Jul-19 05:44:28

Congratulations @Ilovemypyjamas!!

I keep getting so many false starts that just trail off to nothing. Starting to think she's never coming!!

Hellosunshine30 Sun 21-Jul-19 06:21:14

@ilovemypyjamas wow congratulations! You must be so chuffed. Weight?

I actually had a weird night. I don't want to overthink it.

Had a terribly sore bottom back. Had one since 20 weeks but this seemed even sore with more pressure on it.
Had to go for BM at about 3am!(tmi apologies)
Feeling sick
Just been to the toilet and saw what I think is the start of a show? Like a clear kinda mucus.
My nipples were leaking all last night too.

Could this be it grin hope so although it probably won't be x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »