Talk

Advanced search

Any young expectant mothers?

(52 Posts)
NikolaPiccola Sat 13-Jul-19 16:52:52

I got my faint BFP today at 6 days past my expected period. It wasn't done with first-morning urine so I expect tomorrows to be darker. This is my first pregnancy at 19 years old (I turn 20 in October though.) Would be nice to have some mums to be around the same age to talk to.

Nov19 Sat 13-Jul-19 21:45:38

I had my 1st when I was 20, I ended up making lots of friends a similar age who were either pregnant or had children once I’d announced I was pregnant. I didnt feel too young at the time but looking back I can see why others thought it was young. It wasn’t easy at all but it’s the best thing that ever happened to me.

I’m 24 now and expecting baby no.2!

Have you got a good support network around you?

Hope everything goes well for you!

kkl1 Sat 13-Jul-19 21:52:32

I had my first baby as I just turned 20 and she was the best thing that's ever happened to me went on to have my second at 22 and now my third at 28 I don't regret any single one of my children yes they are hard work but they will be hard work if ur young or older each has positives an negatives but good luck and wishing u all the best xx

NikolaPiccola Sat 13-Jul-19 21:53:55

@Nov19 I actually have a few friends/ people I know who are my age and already have a baby. None that I'm particularly close to though.

I am hoping that this is a sticky baby as I did just have some rusty/ pinkish/ brownish spotting so I'm praying that it's not a CP sad

kkl1 Sat 13-Jul-19 22:13:46

Spotting is so normal in pregnancy tbh not sayin that it will all be fine but with my 2 girls I bleed the hole way though and no so many people that did I've had one bled with this one at 13 weeks xx

nzs2019 Sat 13-Jul-19 22:34:38

Hi @NikolaPiccola congrats, I'm 20. Currently 10wks with first baby but third pregnancy ☺️

Nov19 Sat 13-Jul-19 22:37:39

I had spotting early on with both pregnancy and everything was fine. I got checked out at hospital anyway and had an early scan done to be sure - it might be worth speaking to your gp or maternity hospital

NCforthebaby Sat 13-Jul-19 22:42:40

Congratulations! I found out this week that I'm pregnant with my second child. I'm 19 and had my first just over a year ago.

NikolaPiccola Sun 14-Jul-19 12:39:40

@kkl1 how did your bleeding look like, if you don't mind me asking? I did another test this morning and it's a lot fainter so I'm not sure whether this is a sticky baba. I'm a little bit sad and put out at the moment. I'm still going to go to the doctors tomorrow to have blood work done though.

@Nov19 how did the spotting look like for you? I'm going to have blood tests done tomorrow I think

@NCforthebaby congrats! Fingers crossed that yours is a sticky one flowers

kkl1 Sun 14-Jul-19 14:08:25

With my 2 girls it was bright red and just constant spotting though out with this baby it was like a tea spoon full of darker blood good luck tomor keep ya updated xx

NikolaPiccola Sun 14-Jul-19 14:17:15

@kkl1 so I took another cheapie test and there is a clear second line on it so I think my morning urine may have been not as concentrated. I did end up ringing 111 (UK) to ask and they told me as long as I have no clots or stomach pain then I should remain positive. I don't really have any blood coming out onto my bad, it's more like brown stains, if that makes sense. But when I pee I do have some brown blood trickle out (sorry for the TMI.) I have had a few bright red stains when I wiped which is worrying, but I'm trying to remain optimistic until I go to the doctors tomorrow. xx

Snipples Sun 14-Jul-19 17:32:33

I hope things go ok at the docs OP but those are very faint lines for six days past your missed period. I would prepare for bad news, sorry. I've had chemicals before you know how disappointing it is. Hope you're ok.

NikolaPiccola Sun 14-Jul-19 17:43:00

@Snipples I know. Although, I wasn't diligently tracking my ovulation so I can't be 100% sure how far along I am. My mum also had very faint lines when she was pregnant with my youngest sister. And my friend only got a faint positive when she was 6 weeks along (her boy is now 9 months old.) I'm remaining tentatively hopeful. I'll just ask for blood tests to be sure. I did take a cheapie test today and it was much darker than the cheapie I done yesterday! Fingers crossed flowers

Snipples Sun 14-Jul-19 17:53:28

Oh well that's a good sign if you're getting some darker lines. Fingers crossed.

kkl1 Sun 14-Jul-19 18:24:32

My lines never got darker they say that no matter the darkness it will no indicate nothing so hopefully all is well fingers crossed for you tomorrow let us no xx

NikolaPiccola Sun 14-Jul-19 18:27:19

@kkl1 yes, a line is a line. I just always expected it to be super dark like everyone else, you know? But as long as I can see it I'll remain hopeful. xx

Snipples Mon 15-Jul-19 16:37:41

Any update OP?

NikolaPiccola Mon 15-Jul-19 17:32:52

@Snipples I got another line on one of the one-step strip tests. My bleeding has stopped almost completely. It's mostly brown discharge that comes out when I wipe now which means that it only lasted two days. It makes me think that it could have been implantation bleeding which would explain the faint positive on saturday?? I'm testing again tomorrow.

Anyway, I rang the doctors up like I was advised and he's having me come in on Thursday for tests and to refer me for a scan either for Friday or Monday just to see whether the pregnancy is still there. He told me not to worry about the faint line because HCG builds differently for others, but he had prescribed me folic acid which I have picked up.

I've been feeling really nauseous today and tired so it's good that my symptoms haven't gotten away. I'm also bloated so there's that. Fingers crossed. flowers My period has never been this late or light as I normally have a 6 day very heavy bright red bleed. I only get a brown discharge on the 5th/6th day.

kkl1 Mon 15-Jul-19 22:57:17

It does just sound like old blood try not to worry at all and fingers crossed that this is alll well am fine for you pregnancy is a worrying thing and u won't stop worrying till baby is here and safe in ur arms but just try an stay positive xx

poccadot Mon 15-Jul-19 23:04:51

Hi OP, I hope you're feeling okay. I'm 20 and currently 29 weeks with my first 👋

MissSophieB397 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:53:46

@NikolaPiccola I remember seeing you on a post back in May!

I'm 22 and currently 13 weeks pregnant today smile

NikolaPiccola Tue 16-Jul-19 08:01:34

@kkl1 yeah, I thought so. It did have little stringy tissue in it but they were also brown and doc said that it could be old period tissue.
This morning I woke up with my pad crystal clear, no bleeding! I'm yet to take a first response because honestly, I'm terrified. If it isn't darker then idk what's going on because this spotting only lasted 2 days and I still have worsening symptoms (I feel really nauseous and for some reason, I can smell burnt toast lol.) Fingers crossed flowers

NikolaPiccola Tue 16-Jul-19 08:02:38

@poccadot Oooo congrats! Do you know what you're having or is it a surprise?

@MissSophieB397 Aw yeah, I remember! Massive Congratulations!

MissSophieB397 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:35:53

@NikolaPiccola how far do you think you'll be? You can always call your local EPU if you are pregnant and have any concerns but if you're too early there won't be anything on a scan as of yet.

First few weeks are terrifying and any niggle worried me but rest assured if you are pregnant, implantation causes bleeding/spotting. I had a few spells of spotting at 9 and 10 weeks too which turned out to be a hematoma and all was fine! FX for you and all goes well for your pregnancy xx

NikolaPiccola Tue 16-Jul-19 08:38:59

I'm so relieved and happy! I think I may have had late implantation bleeding because I took another first response and it was much darker than the one I took on Saturday. It still is faint but it's now blatantly obvious in person. You can't miss it! My camera is a bit poo though so it's not picking it up that well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »