Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd hand prams - will it be ok if I just replace the mattress?

(5 Posts)
Caz10 Sat 28-Jul-07 09:14:00

We're buying a new one for us, but MIL works in a charity shop and someone handed in a pram the other day which she has brought home to keep at hers. We've been to see it, it does look hardly used, is quite old fashioned but metalwork etc is sparkling, all the clips etc seem to hold in place properly, and the fabric is v clean. (Although she's going to take it to bits and machine wash what she can).

It has a lie flat, detachable carry cot bit and this is the only bit I'm worried about - she was saying that it can be at her house, so then if we pop round there is somewhere we can put baby down to sleep. The mattress comes out and seems to be a standard size so I'll buy a new one, but will the surrounding fabric etc be ok?

V nervous 1st time mum, sorry!! [smiley]

LIZS Sat 28-Jul-07 09:16:34

We did, for my mum's house - thorough wash of the covers it was fine

moondog Sat 28-Jul-07 09:17:05

Will be fine.
I bought loads of stuff in 2nd hand shops and saved a packet.

belgo Sat 28-Jul-07 09:17:17

it will be fine.

morningglory Sat 28-Jul-07 09:36:13

Should be fine. DC2 is inheriting it's pram from DS1 (in essence what you will be doing, except I know who used it prior). I'm washing all fabrics, cleaning all bits, and getting a new mattress, just as you are. If it is quite old, you might want to check that it is sturdy enough. Maybe put something the weight of a 6 month old into the basket and push it around a bit to make sure it's OK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now