Talk

Advanced search

differnent pregnacies = diff sex children?

(24 Posts)
pipsqueeke Thu 26-Jul-07 13:24:59

just wondering what your thoughts are of those with 2 or more diff sex children.

it's prob silly for me to assume both pg's would be the same with DS I had v v errotic dreams, (exap[le here) also the smell of fried food made me gag - seriously, was immensly tired 24/7 pretty much) and had sore boobs. has so hormonal that DH used to poke his head around the corner to see if it was safe to come home or not.

this time thou still no sickness (only felt queezy with DS) hormones are ok 75% of the time, tbh the only reason I know i'm pg is the pos tests and lack of AF. dreams are vivid but not errotic.

so anyhow I was wondering if this one likely to be a girl as it's so differnet or can you really not tell?

Nbg Thu 26-Jul-07 13:26:33

I was convinced this pg was a girl purely because i was having the same symptoms as when i had my dd.

Turns out its a boy

motherinferior Thu 26-Jul-07 13:27:38

nope, both pregnancies vile but I was v sick and wiped out with the first, less so the second - both girls.

pipsqueeke Thu 26-Jul-07 13:27:40

ooh yay boy's are fab I love boys! lol. would love another boy - obv will be please with any as long as they have 10 fingers toes and are healthy but really want another boy! lol.

IdrisTheDragon Thu 26-Jul-07 13:28:22

My pregnancies were pretty similar. Lots of morning sickness, wanted to eat the same things both times, was repulsed by similar things both times, bump was similar shape and put on similar (huge) amounts of weight.

I have DS and DD .

pipsqueeke Thu 26-Jul-07 13:28:57

so is it possible cos your body has it all new first time so it's worse than subsequent ones iycwim - I know i'm prob not as tired now as I don't have time to with a 17 month old where as before was working FT but could focus on every little symptom.

clayre Thu 26-Jul-07 13:30:34

when i was pg with dd i had no symptoms, no morning sickness, not hormonal nothing ..... when i was pg with ds i was sick very sick from before af was due and when i went to the dr the first thing he said was it was a boy because the pg was totally different, he was right!!

Pinkchampagne Thu 26-Jul-07 13:31:39

Craved different things with my second, felt more tired (that could be due to having a toddler though!), was more hormonal, carried differently, and had a smaller bump. The result...two boys!

flamingtoaster Thu 26-Jul-07 13:42:45

I had a much smaller, neater bump with DD than with DS. DD kicked less. Felt queasy at 4.00 pm early on with DS, no queasiness at all with DD. I felt more "normal" pregnant with DD but put that down to having done it before and being busier looking after DS, though it could have been different hormones in play.

Chattyhan Thu 26-Jul-07 13:44:16

This pregnancy is so different to my last but they've assured me it's another boy!

Nbg Thu 26-Jul-07 14:55:49

oh and i meant to say when i had ds i had no pg symptoms at all.

hayley2u Thu 26-Jul-07 15:00:29

dont think it actually means anything your pregnancys being different.with my son smells of certain things turned my stomach but was fine after 3 months. with this one still very sick and even more hormaonal than ever i must be horrible to live with and people were telling me you get like that over a girl. which i found out i was aving.i 'm also much neater with this one still fat though ha.

Celery Thu 26-Jul-07 15:03:19

I have two boys and a girl, and the boy pregnancies were both identical. The girl pregnancy was much worse in all respects. After having a boy and a girl, I knew third pregnancy was another boy very early on because of the identical symptoms to the last boy pregnancy.

hayley2u Thu 26-Jul-07 15:04:45

why was it worse celery with your girl

Pabamella Thu 26-Jul-07 15:06:20

My 2 pregnacies couldn't have been more different! 1st time round I had a boy and was sick till 33 weeks(!!) tired, stressed, irritable ...

so when pregnancy 2 came around and I was only sick the first few weeks and happy as Larry all through I was 100% sure i mustve been having a girl because of the difference ...

I have two sons!

(though DS2 is very girly, lol)

FioFio Thu 26-Jul-07 15:09:22

Message withdrawn

FioFio Thu 26-Jul-07 15:09:53

Message withdrawn

puppydavies Thu 26-Jul-07 15:16:20

pgs very different, first blissful, second miserable, both girls (second is a much happier baby tho so it's evened out that way).

gringottsgoblin Thu 26-Jul-07 15:18:03

4 very different pregnancies and births, ranging from absolutely brilliant to total nightmare. 4 boys

Celery Thu 26-Jul-07 15:47:48

Girl pregnancy = much worse morning sickness lasting much longer, much worse SPD, generally feeling more tired and crappy.

With my 2 boy pregnancies the morning sickness lasted exactly the same amount of time, right down to the day, and I had a patch of itchy skin on my leg in exactly the same place both times, which I didn't have int he girl pregnancy.

Weird, huh?

barbamama Thu 26-Jul-07 15:52:51

I'm not sure how much it follows. I am pg with a second boy at the moment and while some things have been the same, my bump is much bigger this time, I haven't put as much weight on elsewhere and I have pretty bad morning sickness for the first 12 weeks as opposed to none with the first pg.

pipsqueeke Thu 26-Jul-07 17:58:03

thanks girls - so I guess symptoms arn't really a good guide lol.

lulumama Thu 26-Jul-07 18:00:10

was much much sicker when carrying DS...and sicker sooner.... lasted longer

with DD was better, but got worse indigestion and really strong BH

so swings and roundabouts really !

pipsqueeke Thu 26-Jul-07 18:10:05

have any of you had twins? how did you know it was twins? - obv apart from getting bigger quicker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now