Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

food

(8 Posts)
rascal1979 Wed 25-Jul-07 17:37:06

I'm normally a healthy eater but since I have been pregnant I have been eating pretty much junk food - trying to eat as healthy as possible but craving Chip and curry muffins , KFC, Chocolate and Cheese ...I feel sick all the time so can only really eat what I feel like.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar??

Feel really bad cos want to do the best for the baby

RubySlippers Wed 25-Jul-07 17:45:12

i also craved junk when i was pregnant - sugar puffs, white bread and nutella and chips - carbs are good!
eat it if you fancy it and balance it out with the good stuff the rest of the time

peggotty Wed 25-Jul-07 17:49:06

How pregnant are you? I ate utter crap for the first 11 weeks because I felt so sick and only eating rubbish seemed to help . Sickness has settled down now (am 13 weeks) and I have started to cook and eat 'proper' food and meals etc now.

hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 17:58:20

i went through mad phrase of sugar puffs too. i ust could not get enough ha,oh and choclate and ice

toadstool Wed 25-Jul-07 19:58:16

Weeks 5-11: cheese and marmite toasties (I hate marmite!). Regular craving: portion of chocolatr washed down with a tomato or tomato juice. Went completely off greens. Currently on NHS diet (week 31), so no greens anyway, and junk food galore (corned beef hash with baked beans, .

rascal1979 Thu 26-Jul-07 10:56:46

I really fancied cheese on toast last night so indulged....stayed down for all of an hour! Today feeling crap again managing to eat a couple of digestive bisuits and drink small amounts of cordial Have my first scan tomorrow so fingers crossed dates I have are right (if they are I'm currently 12+3)and I will be coming through the sickness stage soon!

I can not even entertain greens, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli etc [sick]!

Naetha Thu 26-Jul-07 11:01:08

I had KFC for the first time in nearly a year at the weekend and ever since I just want more!!!! Got a real thing for salty chips at the moment as well, and when I say salty, I mean about 5 sachets of salt on a regular fries! Mmmm lovely!

Other than that, my staple food has been crisps - salt and vinegar, cheese and onion and monster munch

rascal1979 Thu 26-Jul-07 11:08:36

Lol I bought KFC for the first time last week - had to be Zinger meal - I hate spicy food and can't normally eat it!

With you on the crisp too! Limiting myself to 1 or 2 packs a day! supplemented by double deckers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now