Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

i should only have 5 weeks to go but they wont change

(11 Posts)
hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 15:40:28

sorry i have moaned about this before but its not getting on my nerves. i was always sure of my dates but they put in there own due date. i v had 2 scans which would show that i am right as the days match up perfectly but the god damn m/w will not change it. i should be 35 weeks but they have me as being 32 wks. i have had lots of bleeding with this baby too so i dont want it to go to further over and cause andy extra stress to baby. why will noone listen to me its so daunting

hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 17:56:34

sorry just a rant

CarGirl Wed 25-Jul-07 17:59:35

ask to see consultant??? If the scans tally up with what you are saying it's very strange that they won't move due date, they usually go by 12 week scan rather than your LMP

saralou Wed 25-Jul-07 18:07:01

whn i was pg with ds2 i had 2 scans, the first showed i was 7 weeks (i had no idea on dates)

when i had my dating scan at 12 weeks they put me forward by a week. this was the date i followed.

when i went for 34 week ante natal with consultant, he wanted me to use the first scan as my date as this is the most accurate

i would ask your midwife exactly why she won't change it, then point out the accuracy thing... or go to consultant? do you have n appointment with hospital at all??

goodluck anyway!!!

LIZS Wed 25-Jul-07 18:14:40

Is it really that critical to you ? Soemtimes one can become less than rational in the final few weeks. I know it seems like a big difference but it could be as little as 15 days. How is your MW measuring you compared to her dates as I ;d ahve thgouth it woudl be a consistent appreciable difference.

Presumably your pg has been relatively problem free in which case if you get to what you think is term and haven't delivered then ask to be monitored. It will only become an issue if you have a palnned c-section (they often do them earlier than edd) or go over your own dates. Alternatively ask to see your nominated consultant for a review.

hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 18:15:44

i have an appointment for next wed but thats for a scan to check for bleeding as had quite a lot in few months. but i also see my consultant too so should i mention it then

LIZS Wed 25-Jul-07 18:16:56

Yes that wodul be the best opportunity - they should be able to tell if you are 33 or 36 weeks.

hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 18:17:33

it is as im positive of my dates.andteo scans have shown that to prove right.

saralou Wed 25-Jul-07 18:21:27

definitely ask your consultant, they may be more reassuring than you midwife! it doesn't sound like she's put your mind at ease at all considering your bleeding!

hayley2u Wed 25-Jul-07 18:28:14

yer i think i may go the doctors tommorrow and ask him too maybe he ll back me up

agnesnitt Wed 25-Jul-07 18:57:25

My local PCT refuse to go by anything other than a scan date, so it's odd your midwife feels she needs to make things up.

I'd query it with your consultant if you can. However, I'd be prepared to have to just lump it if I were you as at this stage it doesn't really make all that much difference.

Agnes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now