Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

overdue

(15 Posts)
missmigoo Sat 21-Jul-07 16:50:17

hi i was due on tuesday,saw my midwife on wed she just said to see her next tue if i didnt go into labour before, anyone know anything about being induced? im fedup people asking, you still here

MarsLady Sat 21-Jul-07 17:05:25

Hi darling! Do you want to be induced? You don't have to be!

And you're not really overdue until 42 wks.

People asking... annoying but somehow part of the package.

MKG Sat 21-Jul-07 17:35:26

If you and your baby are both healthy don't think about being induced.

I was induced with ds1 and it was a great experience, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a medical reason.

Relax and let nature take its course.

jabuti Sat 21-Jul-07 18:18:37

hi miss, im not even overdue yet and people are already asking me (38 + 3). have you been trying the usual routes such as raspberry leaf tea, nipple estimulation, possibly sex...?

my hospital policy is only 1 week after you are due, they wont let you go to 42. and because my baby is on the biggish side, our edb is now our inducement appt!

dont let people to upset you when they ask, try to brush it off if you can. its important to stay relaxed at this last stage.

lulumama Sat 21-Jul-07 18:20:25

hospital policy is not the law

it can be challenged, and you can make an informed decision to have expectant management, rather than induction and go to 42 + weeks

lots of sex will help

beansprout Sat 21-Jul-07 18:21:07

42 weeks is overdue, everything else is just pressure from the hospital. You are likely to have a better time of it if you go into labour naturally rather than be induced. I was really late with ds and know how frustrating it is (the phone calls are the worst bit!!!). I really hope it all happens for you soon.

jabuti Sat 21-Jul-07 20:17:35

ah really, good to know lulu. i thought you couldnt escape the policy of a hospital.

by the way, we had sex on thursday and today. mild contractions few hours later, but they fade away once i start moving around. and getting cramps when i use the breast pump. will keep up with this regime as much as i can! as im sitting again, the pain is slowly creeping back...

ElenorRigby Sat 21-Jul-07 20:56:00

lulamama!

You seem to obsessed with lots of sex!!

lulumama Sun 22-Jul-07 11:56:52

i know , i know

but to paraphrase Ina May gaskin, it is all that sexy energy that got the baby in there, and it can get it out again !

don;t worry ,i practiced what i preach when i was pregnant with DD !!

Biglips Sun 22-Jul-07 11:59:01

ive heard that you can go up to 43 weeks....but it depends how is everything. I was 12 days late and was sssoooo fed for 12 days!!

jabuti Sun 22-Jul-07 12:16:16

i dont know if its the sex helping or what, but i had a show last night! few contractions afterwards... but all back to normal this morning. we will see.

lulumama Sun 22-Jul-07 12:17:08

good stuff jabuti

means your cervix is starting to soften and open

keep going

don't forget, we love a live labour thread !

jabuti Sun 22-Jul-07 12:20:22

dont you worry, i will be posting in childbirth as soon as things get going here!

jabuti Sun 22-Jul-07 12:24:21

by the way lulu, your tip about the plug being like snot was very handy! i had no doubts about it when i saw it

foxybrown Sun 22-Jul-07 12:26:26

I was in the same position a couple of weeks ago. I had two sessions of acupuncture at 41+4, and she came the next day.

Nipple stimulation (8 mins each side for an hour) definately got some contractions happening but they didn't build.

I was booked in for an induction on Friday 13th, the day before I saw the midwife and told her I didn't want it. It was simply hospital protocal and I wasn't ready.

We talked it through and agreed an induction for the Sunday as 3 MWs from my team were on and they would induce and deliver me in a quiet side room (I wanted a homebirth and this was a fair compromise I felt). This bought me some time and I felt alot more comfortable with the situation. So there are options and ways around things.

Hope this helps. I do feel for you, by the end I got quite down about it having had lots of false starts. But it was all for the good in the end and made for a quick, easy labour.

Good luck, and do try to stay positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now