Talk

Advanced search

REALLY wriggly baby! is this right...

(24 Posts)
jamjarparmar Fri 20-Jul-07 16:47:23

Hullo. am 27 weeks with my 2nd and BOY (or rather, girl) does this one WRIGGLE! there are definite times each day and night that it seems to be party in the park in my belly. To the point I want to tell her to sit down and sit still. Could this be the precurser to.. dunno, something like pre-eclampsia? or just a jiving bub???

chopster Fri 20-Jul-07 16:48:40

can depend on position of the baby, some positions you feel movements a lot more.

lulumama Fri 20-Jul-07 16:50:13

normal !! some babies have really active periods, at similar times every day....also, sometimes they will kick and wriggle, if you are in a position that they don;t find comfortable!

ballbaby Fri 20-Jul-07 16:50:16

my sil had a baby that moved a lot when she was pregnant and now has a delightful little boy who hasn't stopped moving and is quite a handful!

CHUNKYMUNKEY Fri 20-Jul-07 17:25:23

I am 26 weeks pregnant and my baby seems to be constantly moving as well, i was worried so i asked if this was normal at my anti natal appointment, i was told it was good.

Moorhen Fri 20-Jul-07 18:08:51

I`m 40+6 and no-one has told my DS-to-be that babies calm down in the last weeks of pg - for several hours a day you can see my stomach rippling as he kicks and wiggles.

But doctor told me an active baby is a well baby, so am resigned to being a human punch bag till he works out where the exit is...

theressomethingaboutmarie Fri 20-Jul-07 18:52:39

I'm 29 weeks and my baby is incredibly active morning, noon and night!

SweetyDarling Fri 20-Jul-07 19:10:22

I'm 34 weeks and mine has been bouncing off the walls since about 15 weeks!! Has just started to slow down a bit - less room I think, so different type of movement now.
There was a thread saying that frantic movement was just as worrying as no movement - was wondering how on earth I would tell! Anyway, my OB says it's a good sign, so that's what I tell myself when it feels like he's trying to make an escape through the side of my bump!

USAUKMum Fri 20-Jul-07 19:39:31

Both my DC were really active .....now at 3 & 6 they are active all day and sleep only about 10 hrs at night But they are very happy and healthy too!

kyala Fri 20-Jul-07 19:57:03

I've recently been told by MW that second babies tend to move around more violently because your womb is still roomy from the first time (might depend on how long ago the last one was though)

I get my kicks just as I'm trying to get to sleep and most of the time during times when I'm trying to eat LOL

RGPargy Fri 20-Jul-07 20:08:30

I'm still waiting for the kicks although i do get the odd wiggle.

RG (21+3)

FioFio Fri 20-Jul-07 20:15:34

Message withdrawn

RGPargy Fri 20-Jul-07 20:21:26

Depends on the gap between PGs tho Fio

It's been 17 years since i was last PG so i reckon mine has probably shrivelled up by now so this LO has as much room as a first lol.

chipmonkey Fri 20-Jul-07 20:36:28

Ds3 was like an alien octopus inside me! He is still very active, more so than his brothers. But adorable!

FioFio Fri 20-Jul-07 20:41:53

Message withdrawn

Mrsjaffabiffa Fri 20-Jul-07 21:35:49

My 2 girls were little jivers, my first (ds) was far more chilled. I too at times would often wince in pain and found my self willing them to just sleep for a while.

Remembering an active baby is a healthy baby used to help me forgive it.

SpacePuppy Fri 20-Jul-07 21:40:26

can happen if you are on your back. Remember when I used to take a bath it looked like a puppy was trying to get comfortable in my tummy, wriggling and turning. I think it cuts off the oxygen when you're on your back.

macdoodle Fri 20-Jul-07 22:17:51

17+2 doesn't stop making me feel a bit sea sick TBH - DD was same and now age 5 she still doesn't stop even in her sleep

RGPargy Fri 20-Jul-07 22:34:46

Maybe i'm wrong then Fio. I'm just chucking ideas around.

MrsMarvel Fri 20-Jul-07 22:37:33

Do you drink coffee? Could it be caffeine? I've heard suger can get them lively too.

lucykate Fri 20-Jul-07 22:40:00

dd was a wriggly baby, especially at 2am

she used to jam her feet under my ribs and bounce up and down so her head was squashing my bladder, dh used to be quite shocked when he put his hands on my bump and felt it

crokky Fri 20-Jul-07 22:44:39

Mine was really wriggly as well. All night, all day! Sounds fine to me.

jamjarparmar Sat 21-Jul-07 10:05:19

hiya thanks feel a bit more normal now. (although that comment about the baby having 'more room' seeing as its my 2nd made we want to gag a bit.. ) will remind myself she's healthy and look around for suitable dance classes for the under 6mths.. ta all x x

Tiggerish Sat 21-Jul-07 10:33:55

ooh! my 2nd (dd) was like this. total nightmare but not as bad as my first (ds) who was just as active but punched and kicked rather than wriggled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now