Talk

Advanced search

Abdominal Pain at 6 1/2 weeks Pregnant

(4 Posts)
abbybaby Thu 19-Jul-07 23:22:25

I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of days I've had pains in my lower left abdomen... not continuous, but like a stitch that comes on for a few seconds then goes (and lower down than a normal stitch). The pains are not like period pains/cramps which I find are more of an ache around the whole abdomen. I was wondering if an ectopic pregnancy could be the cause. At what stage are they usually detected... I thought it was earlier than 6 weeks. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow regardless as I still haven't heard from the hospital about my first appointment. And which side is your appendix on? right or left?

Has anyone else had these pains? I looked up the chances and causes of ectopic pregnancy and none of them seem to apply to me. I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about.

sweetkitty Thu 19-Jul-07 23:33:08

Chances are it's nothing to worry about, as your womb grows everything else gets stretched so you get aches and pains a lot. Scary at times I know.

I know nothing about ectopic pregnancies sorry, is there a Early Pregnancy Unit at your nearest hospital? If so I think it's like a drop in service you can call in if you have any worries. Calling the doctor is also a good idea if nothing else it will put your mind at rest.

I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant too and am getting odd pains from time to time. Come and join us on the Due in March 2008 thread in Antenatal Clubs. Chances are if you are going through something one of us in the thread is going through the same thing and it's nice to chat to people in the same sitution as you are in. Best of luck x

abbybaby Fri 20-Jul-07 17:46:22

Thanks sweetkitty! I actually went and had an early scan & blood test today. It showed "something" in the womb so that kinda rules out and ectopic pregnancy... which is very good news. I'm going back for another blood test on sunday to make sure my hormone levels are doubling every 48 hours as normal and then a more detailed scan on Monday. So panic kinda over... not so worried about the rest of me as long as Baby's ok and in the right place.

NAB3 Fri 20-Jul-07 17:49:29

This is normal, IIRC, as it is your uterus strecthing. I had it with my 1st and was told I was probably miscarrying and would have to have a D&C. Found out later it is normal in first pregnancies as everything hasn't stretched before.

Have you got shoulder pain? That is a big clue to an ectopic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now