Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excited - ordered Bugaboo today!

(44 Posts)
helenelisabeth Tue 17-Jul-07 20:24:38

Hehe, I know there are Bugaboo haters but I love it, can't wait to get it!! Got it in Sand/Chocolate!

Quick question those for anyone who uses it with Maxi Cosi car seat - can you keep the adaptors on and fit car seat in car (not to be used with base) or do I have to take adaptors off car seat before fitting?

Thanks

kittypower Tue 17-Jul-07 20:45:39

Our bugaboo arrived on Sunday - I think they are great, although it looks like it's going to take some practice to get the hang of it!!! You have to take the adapators off to put it in the car as far as I know
X

helenelisabeth Tue 17-Jul-07 20:52:44

What colour did you get kitty?

ScottishMummy Wed 18-Jul-07 08:37:06

ooo well done - bugaboo is a graet pram worth every penny, robust and good steering and holds resale value really well too

AussieMumInLondon Wed 18-Jul-07 09:05:59

a bugaboo???????? £800 well spent or what???? do they come with a remote control for that amount of money? and an automatic rocking device??

if not, at least other mums and dads can see that you're excessively wealthy and "trendy".

MamaGryffindor Wed 18-Jul-07 09:06:40

LOL at aussie!!!

Marne Wed 18-Jul-07 09:08:01

if only i had £800 to waste on a buggy, my cars not even worth that much, oh i wish i had money

AussieMumInLondon Wed 18-Jul-07 09:11:55

i was thinking of buying a QUINNY.

anyone got a quinny?? half the price of a bugaboo and look loads cooler, easier to manouvre, and little less "gwenyth paltrow".

i'll try it out in hampstead. sure to raise a few jealous eyebrows and like andy in little britain "i wan that won".

theressomethingaboutmarie Wed 18-Jul-07 09:19:28

I got a fab pram/pushchair for our little one (due in early Oct). Total cost - completely free! My dear SIL and nephew kindly gave it to us. It's a clean and fluffily furnished three wheeler in excellent nick.

It's funny how much second hand stuff we've been offered actually (lucky I know). Sure, we're moving house shortly but we're not that short of cash so some people, when offering second hand bits and bobs to us have been saying, "If you want to buy new, we'd totally understand" etc.

Bring it on, we say! Less spent on such things equals more time afforded at home with DC on mat leave.

CaraLondon Wed 18-Jul-07 09:25:43

I got the Bugaboo after extensive advice taken on MN - in blue/blue. It took about half an hour of fiddling to put it together (there's a lot of velcro, and you need to practice flipping the chassis open) but it looks great and I can't wait for BabyLondon - due on Saturday (eeek!!!) - to try it out.

£800???? where did you buy it??? Thank heavens for ebay .

bumbly Wed 18-Jul-07 10:03:08

helen - can i ask..does your handle bar wobble a bit when you push it...as if it not completely locked

i don't mean the height thing moving but wobbling on its rotating/pivoting axis (you know how you can swivel it from one side to the other)

my brand new bugaboo handle moves a bit when locked either on left or right side and so am curious if it the same with others...

??

ScottishMummy Wed 18-Jul-07 13:04:58

the bugaboo package costs £530 for pram and carrycot, £70 fabrics total £600 spending £800 must be other accessories!!!!! but imo worth the money yes

Elfsmummy Wed 18-Jul-07 13:37:08

You don't need to remove the car seat adaptors before fitting the maxi cosi into the car helenelisabeth. Mine stayed on for the whole 11 months that she used the carseat.
They may put dents into your car seat fabric though so it might be worth using a protective mat like this

Adore my bugaboo - enjoy

Pennypops Wed 18-Jul-07 13:55:51

My Chameleon is still in John Lewis awaiting delivery - v excited. However, has just occured to me - do they have raincovers as standard or do you have to buy them separately?

Think I can guess answer (like goddamn BMW's nothing comes as standard) but I can't seem to find them in the accessories lists?

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 13:57:26

bumbly yes I think they all wobble a bit!

littleolwinedrinkerme Wed 18-Jul-07 14:02:29

£800 & they all 'wobble' abit?? You are all mad - bet you all wear Crocs as well.....

Piffle Wed 18-Jul-07 14:04:08

in reply to OP
no you cannot leave adaptors on car seat, and the pram will not collpase with the adaptors on either.

Mad buying it new mad mad mad. Got mine 2nd hand from a mumsentter for £400 much better deal IMO
Mine does not wobble btw

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 14:04:17

mine is 2nd hand and since I've started using it instead by previous my back is 50% improved as it is so much easier to push, I have probably saved that much in osteopath appointments plus I will be able to sell it on for about what I bought it for!

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 14:05:22

piffle is there no movement in the handle bar? I have tried several and they all seem to have a bit of give (rather than wobble)

Piffle Wed 18-Jul-07 14:08:15

well a fraction but sod all movement, I've had a gazillion prams and it moves less than any other IMO

Elfsmummy Wed 18-Jul-07 15:49:51

You do get a raincover as standard as well as a mozzie net. The only thing I bought separate was a rain cover for the maxi coxi.

ScottishMummy Wed 18-Jul-07 16:19:44

bugaboo does not cost £800, BN bug plus covers £600 or sell on EBay @£400, and it is fabby pram, but still not £800

Pennypops Wed 18-Jul-07 16:37:28

I will add raincover for Maxicosi to list! Just to labour the point I would like to say that mine did not come to £800.

And I don't wear Crocs either

helenelisabeth Wed 18-Jul-07 18:52:55

Thanks to everyone who replied re adaptors.

Aussie - yes I am extremely wealthy - great ain't it? . Now I can look even more like a pompous prat with my bugaboo.

I paid £530 fot the total system incluiding the covers. Not £800! I won't be buying all the extras, only car seat and footmuff.

everexpandingtum Wed 18-Jul-07 19:32:35

Enjoy. we just got one too. But we got the Gecko (469 quid - which is quite far off 800!) A bargain i think as it was without doubt the best pram i tried.

Don't understand why people who hate the bugaboo get so vexed over a pram someone else owns!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now