Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help stop my brain aching

(5 Posts)
Scampynoodle Tue 17-Jul-07 16:45:37

Can anyone help? I'm 13 weeks now and it feels as if I have had a headache for every bogging day since conception.

Course, I'm avoiding the usual painkillers, having the odd paracetamol when I get desperate (with little effect). I also drink plenty of water and scoff all day. But is there anything else I can do? Naps help temporarily (but leave me acting like a right grouchy cow). Oh, and I've just rolled off the sofa after laying with a frozen pork chop against my forehead in the hope that it would cool my fevered brain. It didn't but I do now smell like the Tesco deli counter.

Any suggestions (that don't involve decapitation) would be gratefuly received.

Ta, like

Sx

RGPargy Tue 17-Jul-07 17:03:07

I was gonna suggest drink more water. You should be having at least 2 litres a day, more if you can manage the trips to the loo!! However, i am very guilty of just about managing 1 litre most days.

aikigypsy Tue 17-Jul-07 20:45:39

Lots of water is good, but if it's a migraine type thing the best thing for it is... caffeine! Have a cup of coffee! (I don't know, it works for me).

BetsyBoop Tue 17-Jul-07 21:26:07

the bad news - I had a headache most days with both pregnancies & never found anything that really help - 4head (that headache thing in a stick format) was the closest thing I found to relief (like you didn't like taking paracetamol unless absolutely desperate)

the good news - both times I started feeling better about 14-15wks so fingers crossed it's the same for you.

Alfie72 Wed 18-Jul-07 00:00:26

I went for acupuncture- worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: