Talk

Advanced search

Annoying sonographer - slight rant!

(6 Posts)
Moorhen Mon 16-Jul-07 15:59:06

On Friday was referred for growth scan as mw concerned that last three fundal measurements weren't showing enough growth.

So DH and I showed up today. Waited an hour past time. Sonographer asked us crossly what we were doing there as shouldn`t need scan at 40+2. We said not our fault, we had been sent because concerns about placenta efficiency and I showed her my fundal height chart. She huffed a bit, made it v clear we were inconveniencing her and then got on with the scan.

Got the measurements, went off to look them up and gasped "but it hasn`t grown in WEEKS". DH and I hyperventilate. Then she said "oh, these are FUNDAL HEIGHT measurements", like we should have told her before. I ALREADY HAD!

So got patronised and then scared for nothing. Am cross. Also v disheartened to be back at home, waiting...

kerioke Mon 16-Jul-07 16:07:17

oh moorhen i am sorry. and i can appreciate whatr a hard and frustrating place you are in at the moment being overdue too. i would seriously consider making a complaint, if not a formal one perhaps a letter addressed to the actual sonographer letting her know exactly how she made you feel and let her know you are considering taking this complaint further.

at the very least just writing the letter will allow you to vent some steam and help you pass some all important time!

sending you lots of patience vibes and a big hug xxx

MrsMcJnr Mon 16-Jul-07 16:14:00

Really sorry that this happened, it must hav been horrible and really stressful for you I agree, it's worth a letter for sure.

EdieMcredie Mon 16-Jul-07 16:20:41

You should def complain. Poeple like this simply shouldn't do such a sensitive job. Would hate to see what she is like at breaking bad news...

beansprout Mon 16-Jul-07 16:31:40

Agree that you should take this up. If she hates the general public so much, she shouldn't work with them.

Hope you are ok.

Moorhen Mon 16-Jul-07 22:05:29

Thanks for the sympathy and also the feedback - you are right, I think I will send a letter (copied to relevant senior management person) just pointing out that to her it is a routine job but to us it`s our baby so please think before you blurt out...

But I also think I will wait till LO is safely with us. Will write it tomorrow, though - as kerioke so truly says, I could do with some ways to kill time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now