Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having really vivid dreams?

(20 Posts)
MuffinMclay Fri 13-Jul-07 13:25:58

I'm only 10 weeks, but have been having really vivid dreams and nightmares for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Most, but not all of them, are about miscarrying. For the last few nights I've woken up actually screaming out loud (dh didn't notice, but the dog was very worried). I wake up feeling really stressed and exhausted.

Is it just me? Will it pass soon? I'm sure I didn't have this last time round.

helenelisabeth Fri 13-Jul-07 13:39:46

Muffin I too have had vivid dreams all the way through both pregnancies. First pg they were dreams like yours and they terrified me. They will pass, especially once you get into the second trimester (you are probably worrying about miscarrying). Then you will start having dreams about sex!!

RuthChan Fri 13-Jul-07 13:47:11

Yeah, I too had really vivid dreams while I was pregnant.
I didn't have nightmares particularly, but I had the most realistic dreams I'd ever had in my life.
Unfortunately they passed as the pregnancy progressed. It was a shame as I was quite enjoying the show!!!
I'm sure yours will pass soon too.

Naetha Fri 13-Jul-07 14:36:21

My dreams have got really vivid since I got pregnant, and I've woken up a couple of times shouting while having nightmares - DH's reaction (bless him!) is to roll over and wrap me in his arms (lovely) and instintively cop a feel of my boobs (not so lovely - they hurt!).

I've also been "seeing things" that aren't there immediately after waking up in the middle of the night where I'm awake (kind of) but my dream is still going on. The other night there was an orange lizard climbing up my wall - I woke DH up, he couldn't see it, then I blinked and it wasn't there any more - scary really, cos I was very much awake!

Also had a really scary one of burglars (complete with masks, black and white jumpers and swag bags) crawling upside-down across my ceiling - I screamed like mad at that, then blinked and they were gone. Terrifying all the same.

mad4girls Fri 13-Jul-07 14:45:16

i also had one about burglars breaking into my housewith wild dogs which i had to save my dd's from very scary and vivid,also had one about the dentist(recently had a toothremoved) kept trying to fix this victorian torture thing to my face horrid that was in the same night

they were about 2 nights ago im 19 wks BTW

im hoping they calm a little means i dont want to sleep the next night

MuffinMclay Fri 13-Jul-07 14:53:27

I don't fancy another 9+ weeks of this! Here's hoping they give way to the sex dreams soon (I do remember having those last time ).

MrsNOC Mon 16-Jul-07 12:02:00

Ohhh...hope my dreams change soon. I've always fallen asleep really quickly but never had such vivid dreams...interesting the burglar one that some of you have had. I had a dream recently about being robbed somewhere near where I grew up. That was swiftly followed by witnessing a murder, or thinking I did.

Wake up feeling exhausted even though I've been asleep for hours. Maybe it's a stress thing, though during the day feel relaxed.

LucyK1978 Mon 16-Jul-07 13:57:30

Funny you should say that Helene, the past few nights I've been having quite 'naughty' dreams - I'm by no means a prude, but these dreams have been borderline indecent(didn't know I had such imagination in me!) and very vivid I almost feel guilty! DH is away at the moment so perhaps that's why....!! although think he'd be shocked too!!!

Popi70 Mon 16-Jul-07 15:10:27

me too i dream -or remember my dreams - more now that I'm pregnant. I dream of babies and food. I also eat a lot in my dreams mainly sweeties and meat

beansprout Mon 16-Jul-07 15:11:39

I am. Mostly about David Tennant

Eaglebird Mon 16-Jul-07 18:33:38

David Tennant, lucky you .
I've been having very vivid but dull dreams. Someone was trying to sell me tickets to a football match in my last dream (and I hate football), how boring.
Maybe George Clooney will put in an appearance tonight...

MuffinMclay Mon 16-Jul-07 19:07:21

I had a rather rude dream about Boris Johnson last night.

RGPargy Tue 17-Jul-07 11:34:35

I was having vivid dreams last night, and the funny thing is, I remember thinking "oh there was a post on MN about vivid dreams". I think i spend waaaaaaay too much time on here......

Rach35 Tue 17-Jul-07 13:13:19

Oh god - I have had the most indecent explicit dreams about every ex-boyfriend I have ever had. My husband has always appeared in dreams thank god but never as a participant. These dreams occurred in 1st trim and then disappeared in 2nd but have started happening again in 3rd trim! Not only that, other dreams I have are SO SO detailed it is unbelievable (I dreamt I was bitten by a mini-tarantula the other day and the Dr who treated me even had a name for it!) Random! (I know other pregger girlfriends are having similar dreams and none of us dare tell husbands/boyfriends for the guilt!

MuffinMclay Tue 17-Jul-07 15:12:33

Last night I had plants growing out boils on the top of my head. I had to check this morning just to make sure it wasn't real.

rubydarling Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:06

Muffin, it's ghastly isn't it? I'm 17 weeks and really fed up with these terrible vivid nightmares- how much longer?! Last night's installment involved me picking up babies wrapped in blankets but when I laid them back in the cot the blanket was empty and I had made them disappear/ killed them. I woke up from that one all sweaty amd panicked, then eventually managed to go back to sleep, only to be greeted by dreams about violently murdering my mother. Honestly, it doesn't take a Freudian analyst to work out what is going on, but it doesn't half wear you out...

Rach35 Wed 25-Jul-07 20:44:55

Mine are still going weird - have had several dreams about driving cars with either really bad or no brakes at all - again - doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that it is about being out of control. My DH has chuckled that the 'control' part of me is coming out this way......

PregnantGrrrl Wed 25-Jul-07 21:07:36

i've had vivid driving dreams, but i am also learning to drive, so i think it's more to do with that.

i dreamed the other night that i removed the front of my bump to get the baby out, and he looked just like my DS. He's 13mths, and DS2 (yet to be born) was the same size and everything.

ninedragons Thu 26-Jul-07 11:14:11

I had a dream that the anaesthetic for the birth knocked me out for three weeks, and by the time I came round, DH had called the baby Shelby.

I pulled up a cane from the sweet peas and chased him round the house with it shrieking "F**king SHELBY? What the F*CK were you thinking?"

rascal1979 Thu 26-Jul-07 12:19:52

I had a dream the other night that I was feeding a newborn baby (not sure if it was mine) but had run out of milk so was feeding it cabbage!!

Maybe my subconscious cos I am eating nothing but junk food at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now